Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: deiseach on March 20, 2014, 09:25:53 AM
"according to The Sun's..." Stopped reading there. Even if it's true, it's a lie.

It's true I tell ya!! Funny enough it was the Sun that outted Giggsy to, so it seems fair game me thinks. If it was quoted from the Times would that make it more believable
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

magpie seanie

Quote from: johnneycool on March 20, 2014, 08:45:34 AM
God, that's one disjointed Utd team, not bad with the ball, but bloody terrible without it..

Defensively they are all over the shop, with Rooney running around like a headless chicken, Giggs and Carrick no pace to cover the ground whatsoever, Evra is everywhere but the right position he should be in, they'll get trampled badly by any of the big teams left in it.
Fletcher at least seems to have a bit of organisational wit about him, but you could see him pointing where he wanted Carrick to cover and Carrick runs right in behind him leaving a huge gap in the middle, is he as stupid as he looks?

Great to see big Fellaini showing off his silky skills at the end..

Comfortably his best game for United.

AQMP

Quote from: deiseach on March 20, 2014, 09:25:53 AM
"according to The Sun's..." Stopped reading there. Even if it's true, it's a lie.

You have to admit, that picture with the teeth is funny!

deiseach

I've noted the teeth thing and the weight loss long before the Mail did. And yes, it is funny.

AQMP

Quote from: deiseach on March 20, 2014, 10:17:05 AM
I've noted the teeth thing and the weight loss long before the Mail did. And yes, it is funny.

Aye, I had noticed he's lost a fair amount of weight over the last year or so.  "Man From Carnlough Has Teeth Whitened" isn't a headline you read every day!  "Man From Carnlough Brushes Teeth" now that would be news! - (Runs for cover!!) ;)

deiseach

Quote from: AQMP on March 20, 2014, 10:23:59 AM
Quote from: deiseach on March 20, 2014, 10:17:05 AM

Aye, I had noticed he's lost a fair amount of weight over the last year or so.  "Man From Carnlough Has Teeth Whitened" isn't a headline you read every day!  "Man From Carnlough Brushes Teeth" now that would be news! - (Runs for cover!!) ;)

;D

The Brick

The start of the comeback (albeit a little to late)?? however Champions league is still within grasps. RVP showing hes still got it. maybe this will kickstart something and bring us back into contention. I would take a CL over PL&FA cup any day

AZOffaly

Quote from: The Brick on March 20, 2014, 10:34:28 AM
The start of the comeback (albeit a little to late)?? however Champions league is still within grasps. RVP showing hes still got it. maybe this will kickstart something and bring us back into contention. I would take a CL over PL&FA cup any day

Is this a common view across United fans? That this is a 'corner turned', to borrow a Gerard Houllier phrase. I had a small bet on United to go through yesterday, because they were 13/8 to go through, and I was sure there'd be some sort of a kick in them. However, I can't see them troubling unduly the likes of Barca, Real Madrid, Bayern or PSG. Having said that it is cup football, so there's always a chance I suppose.

nrico2006

I don't think any corner is turned, it breaks my hard but I would have taken a defeat last night if it had meant Moyes going sooner.  I also believe that United have a decent chance of winning the CL, as mentioned its cup football and United still have the players to win games.  There have been less likely winners over the years such as Porto, Chelsea and Liverpool.  The best side in Europe doesn't always win the Champions League.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

The Brick

Quote from: nrico2006 on March 20, 2014, 10:41:22 AM
I don't think any corner is turned, it breaks my hard but I would have taken a defeat last night if it had meant Moyes going sooner.  I also believe that United have a decent chance of winning the CL, as mentioned its cup football and United still have the players to win games.  There have been less likely winners over the years such as Porto, Chelsea and Liverpool.  The best side in Europe doesn't always win the Champions League.

SO would you still want Moyes out if utd won the CL??

NAG1

Quote from: AZOffaly on March 20, 2014, 10:37:18 AM
Quote from: The Brick on March 20, 2014, 10:34:28 AM

Is this a common view across United fans? That this is a 'corner turned', to borrow a Gerard Houllier phrase. I had a small bet on United to go through yesterday, because they were 13/8 to go through, and I was sure there'd be some sort of a kick in them. However, I can't see them troubling unduly the likes of Barca, Real Madrid, Bayern or PSG. Having said that it is cup football, so there's always a chance I suppose.

There is not one hope of United going any further in the competition playing the way the are at the moment.

Too suspect at the back and no midfield, they can't do a Chelsea and suck the life out of teams and nick the odd goal, or even rely on penalties.

Look at the game last night, best players, Giggs RVP Rooney and probably Rio at the back. Makes some difference to the team when he can comfortably step out with the ball and play a forward pass, that is taking into account his waning defensive abilities.

Glad for Moyes to get a result but overall dont think it is going to change the direction of the season.

nrico2006

Quote from: The Brick on March 20, 2014, 10:42:29 AM

I honestly don't see anything in the team that would suggest that Moyes has had any positive impact on how they play or what tactics they employ.  Would you trust him with £200 million in the summer?  Run down the wing and cross.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

AZOffaly

Porto, Liverpool and Chelsea were not 'less likely' winners in my opinion. I can't remember Rafa getting a hiding in the media over Liverpool's performances. There was a general sense that he was helping things after the Houllier era ended badly. Chelsea had been a strong team for years, and getting closer and closer, so I can't say they would have been less likely than United this year. Man United have been such a shambles recently that if they were to turn over the teams I mentioned it would an absolutely fantastic achievement.

orangeman

Did the Tinkerman get kicked out by Chelski after getting to the final of the Champions league or maybe he won it and still got shown the door ?

The Brick

Quote from: nrico2006 on March 20, 2014, 10:47:03 AM

I honestly don't see anything in the team that would suggest that Moyes has had any positive impact on how they play or what tactics they employ.  Would you trust him with £200 million in the summer?  Run down the wing and cross.

Well put it this way. Fergiw wasnt totally economical with some of the cash he had to spend yet over the years he got fantastic results. eg Veron, djemba djemba, taibi, alan smith,