Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: magpie seanie on October 23, 2013, 09:47:44 PM
Quote from: EC Unique on October 23, 2013, 08:58:20 PM
Quote from: gawa316 on October 23, 2013, 08:41:39 PM
Quote from: EC Unique on October 23, 2013, 01:55:11 PM
Liverpool's best start to a league season in about 25 years and some so called fans are more interested in a retired Manchester United manager and his book. Speaks volumes.

So the only topic Liverpool fans can comment on is Liverpool?

And here me was thinking it was a discussion forum!

It's just hard to take their comments seriously when they have not even read the book. I will be buying the book, read it and then judge it. I doubt if many of the usual suspects will do that.

The stuff that I've read from the book is a disgrace. Ferguson's achievements with United are legend but he is not without fault and frankly his carry on since his announcement if his retirement has disappointed me. If you didn't know better you'd think he was hoping things went to pot after he left.

Have you the full book or just what the papers are giving out?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

laoislad

A dedicated singing section in Old Trafford! Are things really that dull there now that they have to force an atmosphere....
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

magpie seanie

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 23, 2013, 09:50:14 PM
Liverpool's best start to a league season in about 25 years and some so called fans are more interested in a retired Manchester United manager and his book. Speaks volumes.

It's just hard to take their comments seriously when they have not even read the book. I will be buying the book, read it and then judge it. I doubt if many of the usual suspects will do that.

The stuff that I've read from the book is a disgrace. Ferguson's achievements with United are legend but he is not without fault and frankly his carry on since his announcement if his retirement has disappointed me. If you didn't know better you'd think he was hoping things went to pot after he left.

What difference does that make? Seriously?

I saw his interview with Jon Snow which was cringeworthy too. Does that help? Am I allowed to form an opinion now?

ballinaman

Quote from: laoislad on October 23, 2013, 09:51:18 PM
A dedicated singing section in Old Trafford! Are things really that dull there now that they have to force an atmosphere....
zzzzz......Waiting for this. It's basically an area where United's travelling support who go to away games are able to gather for home games. Also, away fans are kicked out up to the North Stand Upper tier which are truly awful seats so it's win win.

These SS are nothing new by the way, Milan, Shakhtar, Bayern, Celtic Green Brigade ect... all have specific areas of their stadium for hardcore fans.
Sure I'm in the YBIG one in the Aviva...Irish Ultra meself... ;)

laoislad

Quote from: ballinaman on October 23, 2013, 10:10:34 PM
zzzzz......Waiting for this. It's basically an area where United's travelling support who go to away games are able to gather for home games. Also, away fans are kicked out up to the North Stand Upper tier which are truly awful seats so it's win win.

These SS are nothing new by the way, Milan, Shakhtar, Bayern, Celtic Green Brigade ect... all have specific areas of their stadium for hardcore fans.

A singing section for hardcore fans.... I've heard it all now.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: magpie seanie on October 23, 2013, 10:01:12 PM

I saw his interview with Jon Snow which was cringeworthy too. Does that help? Am I allowed to form an opinion now?

He spoke highly of the owners maybe thats the disgrace bit?

Rooney wanted out twice,the celebrity lifestyle changed Beckham and Keane has the tongue and temperament worse than Ferguson himself. None of that was groundbreaking revelations and in fairness the media are doing a great job in promoting Fergusons book.

ballinaman

Quote from: laoislad on October 23, 2013, 10:13:40 PM

Really? Surprised by that.
Hardly a coincidence when you look a stadiums and you see large groups of supporters with flags..banners..getting chants going ect? The SS in 114/115 in the Aviva has the majority of Irish supporters who travel to away friendly/qualifying matches.

magpie seanie

Quote from: ballinaman on October 23, 2013, 10:19:16 PM

Yeah Laoislad and on top of that it's not like any United supporter would deny there are large numbers of people attending United games in OT (especially Saturday run of the mill fixtures) who think they're at the snooker or dreaming at the theatre (as opposed to the Theatre of Dreams!).

gallsman

Quote from: magpie seanie on October 23, 2013, 10:24:22 PM
Quote from: ballinaman on October 23, 2013, 10:19:16 PM

Yeah Laoislad and on top of that it's not like any United supporter would deny there are large numbers of people attending United games in OT (especially Saturday run of the mill fixtures) who think they're at the snooker or dreaming at the theatre (as opposed to the Theatre of Dreams!).

The Prawn Sandwich brigade?

Milltown Row2

Sure makes no difference at all, why don't you just read the last page in the books and there will be no reason to read any pages beforehand!! At what point have I said you should not have an opinion?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

gawa316

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 23, 2013, 10:36:48 PM

Sure makes no difference at all, why don't you just read the last page in the books and there will be no reason to read any pages beforehand!! At what point have I said you should not have an opinion?

Because its not a novel, it doesn't have a start middle and end. You can pick bits and pieces out if it cause they are stand alone, ie there's a paragraph about rock of Gibraltar. It has no relation on the rest of the book.

nrico2006

Quote from: NAG1 on October 23, 2013, 11:39:48 AM
Quote from: Wee Roddy on October 23, 2013, 10:56:35 AM
Any interview I have read regarding transcripts from the book have made Fergie look like a bully and the biggest egotist of all the players he has lambasted. True he is the manager and should have the final say if anyone over steps the mark, but he should remember that a lot of these men have made him the manager he is. Keane, Stam, Van Nistelroy etc were not part of Utds academy and gave the best years of their lives to him. The fact that Beckham managed to change Capellos mind about him speaks volume for his work ethic.

Settle down lads, yes these boys gave massive commitment and I am a fan of them as much as any United fan, but lets not forget these boys were paid by the million. I include the home grown boys too in that. At the end of the day it is a business, rightly or wrongly with what Ferguson has said about some of the players. If you look at the BBC interview, you can see the affection that he holds Beckham in, but at the time a business/ football decision needed made and Ferguson made that decision as that is what he was paid to do. As he did with the other boys.

I see the argument on the GAA threads a lot that no criticism should be levelled at anyone because they are amateurs etc and from the above post it seems to be saying the same thing in that its ok to slag footballers because they are paid.  Don't think whether they are paid or not should result in different treatment.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Milltown Row2

Quote from: gawa316 on October 24, 2013, 03:56:29 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 23, 2013, 10:36:48 PM

Because its not a novel, it doesn't have a start middle and end. You can pick bits and pieces out if it cause they are stand alone, ie there's a paragraph about rock of Gibraltar. It has no relation on the rest of the book.

Ok by that logic I never read Carraghers book, just those bits and pieces of being a thug and wanting players done in when they were walking through the shopping centre.....

J OGorman

jeez, this place can be a whingers wet dream. Cant believe people would question the timing...when was he to release it, whilst still managing? Boys whinging about their precious idols Ronaldo, Wazza, Becks etc getting a  warm ear. Ferguson is probably the best manager the English game has seen, he was old school at times, didnt take any sh1te from any of the spoilt brats. Fair bucks to him, ye miss the grumpy aul hooer being about in a perverse kinda way.....I for one will enjoy reading it over christmas with a nice Sherry

deiseach

Except Man Utd fans singing.