Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Tony Baloney on October 23, 2013, 01:32:34 PM
Quote from: screenexile on October 23, 2013, 12:40:11 AM
The more I think about it the more of a w**ker he becomes. . . Beckham, Keane, Rooney were exceptional for him at one stage or another and he lambasts them. Without the players he had he wouldn't be the man he is and he should recognise that rather than have cheap digs at them!

As I always beliveved he is a grade A **** and today has done nothing but reinforce that!!!!
+1

Have you read it or just the comments taken from the book by Journos? I'd say lambasting is not all he's doing about said players. But what sells those red tab papers is snippits of text. I'll make a judgement on it after reading it. I never read Carraghers book but if I took what was said in the papers about him then he comes across like a thug
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

ballinaman

Quote from: EC Unique on October 23, 2013, 01:55:11 PM
Liverpool's best start to a league season in about 25 years and some so called fans are more interested in a retired Manchester United manager and his book. Speaks volumes.
Well there are a fair few United fans on this yoke who jump all over the Liverpool thread. Wouldn't even bother reading what they post when they are unable to post unbiased analysis and opinion, the usual crew are piping up on this thread again.

NAG1

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 23, 2013, 02:12:25 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on October 23, 2013, 01:32:34 PM
Quote from: screenexile on October 23, 2013, 12:40:11 AM
The more I think about it the more of a w**ker he becomes. . . Beckham, Keane, Rooney were exceptional for him at one stage or another and he lambasts them. Without the players he had he wouldn't be the man he is and he should recognise that rather than have cheap digs at them!

As I always beliveved he is a grade A **** and today has done nothing but reinforce that!!!!
+1

Have you read it or just the comments taken from the book by Journos? I'd say lambasting is not all he's doing about said players. But what sells those red tab papers is snippits of text. I'll make a judgement on it after reading it. I never read Carraghers book but if I took what was said in the papers about him then he comes across like a thug

No just a woeful SS pundit! eh eh eh eh

Jonah

Liverpool's best start to a league season in about 25 years and some so called fans are more interested in a retired Manchester United manager and his book. Speaks volumes.

Speaks volumes how? Go on tell us...

It's an Internet forum ffs and this story is in the news so people are gonna have an opinion on it what difference does it make who they support. Sure you live on the Liverpool forum.

So go on tell us what does it speak volumes about?

ballinaman

Team:De Gea; Rafael, Jones, Evans, Evra; Carrick, Giggs; Valencia, Rooney, Kagawa; Hernandez.
Bench: Lindegaard, Smalling, Buttner, Nani, Young, Fellaini, Januzaj

Saw this on twatter...

Two youth products start and one on bench...that's 3,654 consecutive first team games since October 1937 with a youth player in squad. In other words, a #MUFC youth player has been involved in every first team matchday squad for the last 76 years.

el_cuervo_fc

How long has that been Giggs?

ballinaman

Quote from: el_cuervo_fc on October 23, 2013, 07:08:13 PM
How long has that been Giggs?
I'd say he added to that stat considerably over the years. Think could get seriously over run in midfield again tonight. Sociedad had a great result vs Valencia at the weekend after a poor enough start to La Liga.

GAA_Talk

Quote from: ballinaman on October 23, 2013, 07:02:19 PM
Team:De Gea; Rafael, Jones, Evans, Evra; Carrick, Giggs; Valencia, Rooney, Kagawa; Hernandez.
Bench: Lindegaard, Smalling, Buttner, Nani, Young, Fellaini, Januzaj

Saw this on twatter...

Two youth products start and one on bench...that's 3,654 consecutive first team games since October 1937 with a youth player in squad. In other words, a #MUFC youth player has been involved in every first team matchday squad for the last 76 years.

What a random time for someone to bring that stat to everyone's attention. 3, 654 - not a standard milestone but interesting fact all the same.

Milltown Row2

Rooney on the end of everything at the minute, a bit of criticism seems to have worked, Alex is a crafty old fox ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

gawa316

So the only topic Liverpool fans can comment on is Liverpool?

And here me was thinking it was a discussion forum!

EC Unique

Quote from: gawa316 on October 23, 2013, 08:41:39 PM

It's just hard to take their comments seriously when they have not even read the book. I will be buying the book, read it and then judge it. I doubt if many of the usual suspects will do that.

Bingo

Name and shame EC - who are the usual suspects?

Saffrongael

Yis are lucky EC Unique is even letting yis discuss this book.
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Jonah

Quote from: Bingo on October 23, 2013, 09:37:24 PM
Name and shame EC - who are the usual suspects?

I'm still waiting to find out what it is that speaks volumes.

magpie seanie

Quote from: EC Unique on October 23, 2013, 08:58:20 PM
Quote from: gawa316 on October 23, 2013, 08:41:39 PM

It's just hard to take their comments seriously when they have not even read the book. I will be buying the book, read it and then judge it. I doubt if many of the usual suspects will do that.

The stuff that I've read from the book is a disgrace. Ferguson's achievements with United are legend but he is not without fault and frankly his carry on since his announcement if his retirement has disappointed me. If you didn't know better you'd think he was hoping things went to pot after he left.