Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NAG1

Quote from: BennyCake on October 20, 2013, 02:09:19 AM
Quote from: EC Unique on October 20, 2013, 01:02:22 AM
Quote from: BennyCake on October 19, 2013, 09:58:06 PM
Quote from: EC Unique on October 19, 2013, 07:01:08 PM
jeysus! Already looking forward to Christmas window but not sure if that will answer anything. Senior players need to stand up and get a grip of things. The players are good enough but just need to get properly organised and motivated. Moyes will be feeling the pressure. Is this club to big for him?

They're not, and yes it is.

Of course they are. Was last season luck?

RVP's (no need for a reply) goals papered over the cracks last season. United leaked goals left, right and centre. Besides, the other teams were a shambles last year, and made United look good.

This last couple of seasons this squad has been shown up for what it is - poor. Basel, Benfica etc outplayed them in the CL. Bilbao played them off the park in Europe. A poor Ajax team nearly beat them, and Cluj did beat them at home. Who the f**k is Cluj? City won 6-1, and 4-1 this season. The likes of Newcastle, Everton were scoring 3 and 4 at OT, and more and more teams are coming to OT without fear, and picking up points. That's not just this season neither.

Half a dozen players are way past it, and about a dozen simply aren't good enough and never will be. Moyes is a mid table manager. United need a massive clear out. This squad is the worst in a long long time. Fergie got out at the right time.

What does it say for the league when the same squad waltzed the league last season.
Yes the squad needs revamped but it needed revamped under Ferguson too.

All United fans realised whoever came in after Ferguson was going to get it tough and that results would be up and down for a bit anyway, I would like to see DM realise which is his proper first 11 and stick with it. My concern is that he still doesnt know what team is his best.

gallsman

Quote from: NAG1 on October 21, 2013, 08:58:48 AM
What does it say for the league when the same squad waltzed the league last season.
Yes the squad needs revamped but it needed revamped under Ferguson too.

All United fans realised whoever came in after Ferguson was going to get it tough and that results would be up and down for a bit anyway, I would like to see DM realise which is his proper first 11 and stick with it. My concern is that he still doesnt know what team is his best.

Don't you know? The PL is the best league in the world. I know it's true because Sky Sports News said so.

Mayo4Sam

Heard abou this on Newstalk last nite, Evra is some clown

From Irish Independent

MANCHESTER UNITED player Patrice Evra has lashed out at his critics in France, calling former champions Bixente Lizarazu and Luis Fernandez "bums".

Evra, who was banned for five international games by the French federation after the 2010 World Cup farce when players went on strike, said both former players had unfairly criticised him.

"My public image is good. It's not these bums who will tarnish my image," the Manchester United fullback told French television channel TF1 in an interview aired on Sunday.

"I'm not arrogant. It's the truth, those people will never have my honours, they have never won anything.

"People who see me in the streets are very kind with me. It's only a few commentators.

"I have been told that Luis Fernandez (was speaking ill of me)... In 2008, I gave him a tour of Old Trafford and he was like he was at Euro Disney.

"When he got the PSG keys, apart from sucking Chupa Chups (lollipops) and dance Macarena by the pitch, I don't know what he's achieved," Evra added.

Fernandez, a Euro 1984 winner with France, led Paris St Germain to the 1996 Cup Winners Cup title in his first coaching spell at his former club.

Evra then lashed out at 1998 World Cup winner and former left back Lizarazu, who also won the Euro 2000 title with France and is now a television pundit.

"Lizarazu, I don't know what he has against me," said Evra. "I was twice voted the best left back in the world and four times the best left back in the Premier League. I don't know if he was ever voted the best left back in the world.

"He is the only player who did not shake my hand when I got my first cap with France.

"How do you want me to talk to these people? Those people, they take the Eurostar and you don't know who they are anymore," he added.

"Since the 2010 World Cup, I've played countless matches with France and was never booed. They must stop lying to the people. They are the problem."

Lizarazu had retired when Evra won his first cap
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

muppet

Would he Evra keep this mouth shut?
MWWSI 2017

Bingo

Not like Evra that.....

deiseach

thebigfella

I thought he called them tramps? Suppose it could be worse, could have racially abused them and then Utd make a complete hash of handling the situation, oh wait.......

supersarsfields

What is it with Evra and shaking hands?

EC Unique

Quote from: supersarsfields on October 22, 2013, 10:57:59 AM

It's a cultural misunderstanding.

J OGorman

Quote from: EC Unique on October 22, 2013, 11:54:10 AM
Quote from: supersarsfields on October 22, 2013, 10:57:59 AM

It's a cultural misunderstanding.

no no, its much much deeper than that. Its the fact that Evra is a bell-end

ballinaman

Fergies book looks like it could be an interesting read.

Re his comments about Roy Keane, he was even afraid of him..what United go do with someone like that now!

Under Lights

Any extracts of the book? Might buy it for Christmas reading. Either it or Tyson.

screenexile

The extracts confirm the obvious really... he's a w**ker who loves himself but was a very good football manager.

EC Unique

Looking forward to reading it. Has a few digs at Rafa in it.

The Worker

He has a dig at Rooney in it, just as well that wazza can't read.