Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EC Unique

wildrover

When was the last time Utd put in a rip-roaring performance and got the crowd going for more than sporadic 3-second bursts at a time? There is an eery feel around Old Trafford at the moment. The players don't look remotely motivated. Under fergie when they went 1-0 up against weaker teams they went for the kill and the crowd loved it. The team look really unsure of themselves. Wanyama (12-15million) outshone Fellaini (28 million) in every department today. Abject performance and dreadful result!

BennyCake

So, anyone want to guess when Moyes will get the boot?

I'd say he'll be gone by the end of January.

Farrandeelin

Teams now doing to Utd what Utd used do to other teams, i.e. score late.  :-\
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Minder

Two points dropped today, for Southampton.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Minder on October 19, 2013, 06:40:17 PM
Two points dropped today, for Southampton.
United wearing a grey strip?

gawa316

Quote from: gawa316 on September 28, 2013, 09:26:46 PM
Quote from: EC Unique on September 25, 2013, 05:16:07 PM

Utd's next 6 league games are all very winnable so he should get 15-18 points. If he does he will be OK.

15 it is, so...

13 it is so...

EC Unique

jeysus! Already looking forward to Christmas window but not sure if that will answer anything. Senior players need to stand up and get a grip of things. The players are good enough but just need to get properly organised and motivated. Moyes will be feeling the pressure. Is this club to big for him?

Dougal Maguire

This is all so enjoyable
Careful now

brokencrossbar1

Hold on lads the table only really takes shape from about the 10th game or so onwards, judge United after that.

BennyCake

Quote from: EC Unique on October 19, 2013, 07:01:08 PM
jeysus! Already looking forward to Christmas window but not sure if that will answer anything. Senior players need to stand up and get a grip of things. The players are good enough but just need to get properly organised and motivated. Moyes will be feeling the pressure. Is this club to big for him?

They're not, and yes it is.

gawa316

Southampton are a very handy team. The result but more the performance shows the result at Anfield was no fluke. I can see them pushing up to at least top 10 this year with maybe hopes for 7th or 8th if things, injuries go their way.

I watched the 2nd half of the game on a stream, which wasn't great to be fair but (correct me if I'm wrong) Southampton dominated it and looked the much more likely to score. The draw was the least they deserved. I thought Utd lined up quite well formation wise 4231 as it suited the players that Moyes picked but something just didn't seem right and obviously they didn't look like the Utd of only last season. I didn't see the 1st half so can't comment.

Interesting times at Utd, it would be criminal if they didn't spend in January.

EC Unique

Quote from: BennyCake on October 19, 2013, 09:58:06 PM

Of course they are. Was last season luck?

BennyCake

Quote from: EC Unique on October 20, 2013, 01:02:22 AM
Quote from: BennyCake on October 19, 2013, 09:58:06 PM

Of course they are. Was last season luck?

RVP's (no need for a reply) goals papered over the cracks last season. United leaked goals left, right and centre. Besides, the other teams were a shambles last year, and made United look good.

This last couple of seasons this squad has been shown up for what it is - poor. Basel, Benfica etc outplayed them in the CL. Bilbao played them off the park in Europe. A poor Ajax team nearly beat them, and Cluj did beat them at home. Who the f**k is Cluj? City won 6-1, and 4-1 this season. The likes of Newcastle, Everton were scoring 3 and 4 at OT, and more and more teams are coming to OT without fear, and picking up points. That's not just this season neither.

Half a dozen players are way past it, and about a dozen simply aren't good enough and never will be. Moyes is a mid table manager. United need a massive clear out. This squad is the worst in a long long time. Fergie got out at the right time.