Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ranch

Rooney has also asked to leave for the second time in three years. Apparently he made the request a fortnight ago with the club insisting he's not for sale.

Would make sense if he was to leave during the summer maybe, especially given his history with Moyes.

Syferus

It's amazing, really. Fergie was in charge at Man U before I was even born. When I was a kid I used to be a big Man U fan and even though that's faded in the last decade it's impossible to think of Manchester United without Alex Ferguson. Even up to yesterday there was a part of me that thought he'd be there until he died.

Strange day. It's made me pause for thought more than when JP2 died, though that probably says more about the concerns of the post-Cold War generation than anything else.

trileacman

Quote from: Syferus on May 09, 2013, 01:34:52 AM
Even up to yesterday there was a part of me that thought he'd be there until he died.

Same, when he soldiered on through some of the leaner years around Mourinho I thought he would be a tough one to ship out.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

ranch

Quote from: Syferus on May 09, 2013, 01:34:52 AM

Strange day. It's made me pause for thought more than when JP2 died, though that probably says more about the concerns of the post-Cold War generation than anything else.

Although I'm not the best at practising my faith and I indeed have many doubts and questions about various aspects of religion, I'd have no shame in admitting Ferguson's retirement has made me "pause for thought" quite a bit more than the Saturday evening in 2005 when John Paul II passed away.

rrhf

JUst retired

Maggie dead.

Sir Alex retired.

Somewhere there is a bloody scouser with 1 wish left. :)

ballinaman

Been banging on about it here for the last few months but hopefully Rooney is out the door in the summer. Think he's probably asked to leave before been shown the door.

supersarsfields

Giggs has decided to rule himself out of the position.

He would like to spend more time with his brother's family.

orangeman

Quote from: supersarsfields on May 09, 2013, 08:07:52 AM
Giggs has decided to rule himself out of the position.

He would like to spend more time with his brother's family.

Low blow.

brokencrossbar1

Spoke to the Banty,he is focusing on the upcoming Carrickmacross festival!

deiseach

Quote from: ranch on May 09, 2013, 12:50:14 AM
I can't see United letting a scenario develop like the Roy Hodgson situation when he was at Liverpool. Manager's need time, I'm confident United understand that.

Yeah, I'm sure the board at Old Trafford won't be too bothered if they lose to Northampton.

brokencrossbar1

So Wayno is gone too.  He has apparently changed his Twitter profile away from being a MUFC footballer to being a NIKE athlete.  So Fergie gone and Rooney gone, big changes at OT and it willbbe very interesting to see how Moyes copes?  Will he be able to attract the big names the way Fergie did? I know they say that no man is bigger than the club but in this case I'm not so sure. After sleeping on it, and now seeing things in the cold light of a very wet day,I'm glad to see the back of the hateful baxtard!!!

EC Unique

Denn Forever

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

BennyCake

Quote from: Denn Forever on May 09, 2013, 12:20:24 PM
That movie keeps on giving.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-rS1m1vF_k

Adolf isn't taking this too well.

Adolf an United fan. Osama an Arsenal fan. I think Saddam supported Chelsea. All supporting the top 4 teams. Feckin' gloryhunters!