Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

I just don't know how Fergie does it.

This side aren't a patch on previous sides, especially pre-Ronaldo but he waltzes away with it again.

OK, we all know he weakens he opposition - Van Persie, Rooney, Carrick, Ferdinand, Valencia, Young etc but he welds them together seamlessly into his system.

How do you define a Fergie side? Pace, power and a bit of magic from 1-2 players?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ballinaman

Quote from: The Worker on April 21, 2013, 10:58:34 PM
How good do utd fans rate this team with the previous utd teams that have won the premier league?
This team has lots of the characteristics of previous United teams. They were conceding the 1st goal a ridiculous amount during the early part of the season and making it difficult for themselves. Some great comebacks, 3-2 vs Newcastle 3-4 vs Reading and 2-3 away to Villa spring to mind. Van Persie was unstoppable for a spell Ala Ronaldo for a season. Carrick has been my player for season, immense for the majority of it.

EC Unique

Fair play Ross. Hope they do it tomorrow night for your sake. Would be great to be there for an occasion like that.

magpie seanie

Despite all the rubbish that is written about coaching and management a few simple turth bring a team a long way. Hunger, desire, work rate, never say die attitude - they cost nothing but no manager in my life time has instilled these qualities more consistently into his team than Ferguson. Obviously he is working with talented players and once they have the right qualities as I mentioned above,  then the talent makes the difference. If there is a criticism (and it's hair splitting really) at the very higest level, the tactical side is one Fergie has occasionally been a little behind his peers on but he has always fought back and caught up. The Real games are an example of this - United would have been too naive a couple of years ago but got it spot on this time.

Sometimes you'd be scratching your head saying - why didn't he sign such and such? More often than not I'd say it's because the "character traits" (for want of a better term) didn't check out.

Hopefully United finish it off in style tonight.

ballinaman

Enjoy tonight ross4life, know a couple of lads over at it too, hopefully will be a good night. Knowing United they'll go 1 down early enough to make everyone suffer!

Bingo

Congrats to United tonight, can't see them slipping up and Fergie will want it done at home and put big points tally on the board.

By far the best team and most consistent team in the league.

Fingers crossed its the last they'll win.  :P

laoislad

You're going all out looking for a pat on the back from the United fans today Bingo  ;D
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Bingo

Quote from: laoislad on April 22, 2013, 12:02:29 PM
You're going all out looking for a pat on the back from the United fans today Bingo  ;D

Feck them, it'll make next year sweeter when they don't return the congrats  ;)   :P

magpie seanie

Quote from: Bingo on April 22, 2013, 12:15:46 PM

Feck them, it'll make next year sweeter when they don't return the congrats  ;)   :P

I'll be the first to congratulate you Bingo.  ;D

Bingo

Quote from: magpie seanie on April 22, 2013, 12:21:56 PM
Quote from: Bingo on April 22, 2013, 12:15:46 PM

I'll be the first to congratulate you Bingo.  ;D

Its easy to say that knowing you won't mightn't don't have to do it   :-[

AZOffaly

In all fairness United are on some run of success. It reminds me of the 80s :D I'm only praying that Ferguson decides he has enough and they hire some tulip to replace him.  To all their fans on here, congrats and enjoy this evening. I doubt Villa have it in them to spoil the party. They only won 3-1 at Anfield.

deiseach

Quote from: Bingo on April 22, 2013, 12:36:41 PM
Its easy to say that knowing you won't mightn't don't have to do it   :-[

My stock response to Manc gloating in 1993 was "what's seldom is wonderful". Oops. Still, there's always you-know-what:

ballinaman

deiseach, that response will come back to bite ya eventually just like United fans gloating how city hadn't won a trophy in yonks...then City won the cup...oh but you haven't won the league...then they won it last year.
Best bite the tongue when a lad is gloating and piss taking and it'll make the victory all the more sweeter when it does come....well used to it in Mayo!

magpie seanie

Getting to play Bruges and Moenchengladbach in finals as opposed possibly the greatest club side of all time, Barcelona (twice) goes a long way to explaining that anomaly!

The next move on that score is more likely to be 4-5 than 3-6 I'd be confident Deiseach.  ;)

deiseach

Quote from: ballinaman on April 22, 2013, 12:59:18 PM
deiseach, that response will come back to bite ya eventually just like United fans gloating how city hadn't won a trophy in yonks...then City won the cup...oh but you haven't won the league...then they won it last year.
Best bite the tongue when a lad is gloating and piss taking and it'll make the victory all the more sweeter when it does come....well used to it in Mayo!

So I can never gloat about Liverpool winning the European Cup for keeps - the trophy above is the one Man Utd briefly had possession of in 1999, trivia fans - on the chance that Man Utd might do the same in the future? I'd say it's a question of getting yer gloating in now! ;)