Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrico2006

'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

stew

Quote from: rodney trotter on April 19, 2013, 03:57:33 PM
Wellbeck is still quite raw, 22 so I suppose he has time to improve. He is decent, not sure if he is a game changer type player for CL football.

Hernandez is far better than Welbeck, I would let Welbeck go if the money was right, first things first, get rid of Rooney and sign Falcao. ;)
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

magpie seanie

Wellbeck is not a 20+ goals a season man and never will be but apart from his pace it seems to me that he is very good at taking tactical instruction and implementing it. The Real Madrid game at home is an obvious case in point and the away leg also to a lesser extent. For these reasons I don't see him being let go - he'll never be a main man but will be a valuable squad member for years to come.

Hernandez is a really talented finisher and is improving his all round game. His movement alone means even on a bad day he does a job for the team though the first touch and back to goal work could inprove.

David McKeown

I don't rate Hernandez as much as everyone on here.  Decent finisher and great movement and therefore very iseful to have around but doesn't have the passing or link up skills or even the brain needed to play week in week out for a club like Utd. Wellbeck is a much much better player IMO and will be about Utd for many more years I feel
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

GJL

Big fan of Hernandez. His goal to time on the pitch ratio is bound to be high.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: GJL on April 20, 2013, 05:15:41 PM

He scores a goal every 98 minutes.

Personally I think he needs to leave Man United. He might not want a change but he needs a change to progress.
#newbridgeornowhere

stew

Quote from: Dinny Breen on April 20, 2013, 07:14:30 PM
Quote from: GJL on April 20, 2013, 05:15:41 PM

He scores a goal every 98 minutes.

Personally I think he needs to leave Man United. He might not want a change but he needs a change to progress.

Hernandez is twice the player Welbeck will ever be.

If Fergie sells him it is a mistake, that said it must kill Chico to see DW starting in front of him and maybe a change would do him good, I hope he stays.

Sell Welbeck & Rooney and sign Falcao or Ronnie. :)
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

BennyCake

United need a big clear out. At least 10 of that squad needs to go.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: BennyCake on April 20, 2013, 11:05:10 PM
United need a big clear out. At least 10 of that squad needs to go.
Better still get rid of the whole squad,Ferguson and start from scratch.

ross4life

A win against Villa tomorrow night & United will be league champions for 20th time.  :)
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

ballinaman

Today is a perfect example of why I think it would be bad news for United if City get rid of Mancini any time soon.

Captain Obvious

Manchester City may keep Mancini on if they win the FA cup he'll be sacked on the spot if they lose to Wigan.

magpie seanie

Mancini staying is good news for everyone who doesn't support city (or lend their support to them when their own team is out of the reckoning). The vast majority of city fanes know this to be fair. They won the league last year despite him.

Reading the last page or two of posts about how bad United are, clear out needed etc made me laugh. If only all crises came with a league title!

ross4life

The priority should always be the league. CL while it's great to win is still a cup competition and anything can happen on the night. Fergie will make small changes to squad over the summer nothing major i can imagine and by the time he leaves United they should have decent squad for the new manager.

It's the first time since 2009 that United have to chance to win the title in front of their own fans. I'll be Old Trafford tomorrow night hopefully Villa don't become party poopers.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

The Worker

How good do utd fans rate this team with the previous utd teams that have won the premier league?