Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ross4life

Quote from: muppet on April 08, 2010, 01:21:21 PM
Quote from: ross4life on April 08, 2010, 01:18:08 PM
Quote from: Minder on April 08, 2010, 10:19:58 AM
Quote from: A Quinn Martin Production on April 08, 2010, 10:11:56 AM
And according to Steve Rider and Andy Townsend on ITV's highlight show, had they beaten Bayern they were in the final as they only had to play Lyon in the semi-final ::)

Heard that, their arrogance knows no bounds. The same Lyon that knocked Real Madrid out.

Madrid have been knocked out in the early stages for the last number of years "even your boys hammered them"

what's your point?

& to think some here think united are not up to this level? when REAL are far worse ::)

At least you have Ros in the summer to look forward to.

Nope if you check my "Personal Text" i'm happy enough with that  ;)
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

EC Unique

Gutted :(  Should be in the last 4 but for some terrible luck.

The single most annoying thing for me about lastnight was how weak Carrick was in conceding the first goal. Should have done much better. Maybe this has been discussed already but I have not read any of the pages previous to this one since yesterday afternoon.

The twin was foolish but showed great potential and did not give Riberey a kick of it.

Nani is really coming good.

Robben's goal was class.

Will be hard to lift the players now for the premiership but lets see.

I think Vidic has played his last in Europe for Utd.

Gutted :'(

Bensars

No word on valencia trying to get the Bayern player booked  ? or is it just selective footage thats allowed.

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on April 08, 2010, 01:25:08 PM
Quote from: Rav67 on April 08, 2010, 01:17:32 PM
I fail to see how it was a "harsh" sending-off.  His 2 infringements were both worthy of bookings, particularly the second.

Was definitely a booking alright. Ribery was breaking free straight towards United's defence and was hauled back by the arm. That's a booking all day long. Ref was going for the card even before the Bayern players started remonstrating. Just the inexperience of youth to blame.

Yeah can ye give up on the "harsh" sending off. 2 perfectly valid yellow cards.

deiseach

Quote from: ross4life on April 08, 2010, 01:26:49 PM
he was booked & the Ref was only giving him a warning for his 2nd bad tackle but the Bayern players surrounded the Ref & asked for the sending off

And you know this . . . how, exactly?

deiseach

I don't know why Bayern would have bothered targetting Rooney's ankle. After all, he was fully fit.

The Real Laoislad

QuoteBlatently targeting rooney's ankle & getting players sent off if that bayerns game well good luck to them

Aye no United player has ever  went out with the intention of harming another player.....
You'll Never Walk Alone.

nrico2006

As I said earlier, why did Van Bommel not receive a second yellow for his elbow shove in Fletchers back?  The only thing that frustrates me in football is inconsistencies, and to be honest I think refereeing standards is as poor as ever.  The United Chelsea game last week, as well as the Stamford Bridge game, were both decided by incorrect refereeing/linesman decisions.  Last night, if the referee was consistent in his decisions then either it would have been 11 v 11 or 10 v 10, as long as he is fair.

As for Valencia, I think its slightly different remonstrating with the referee if you have been on the end of potentially career-ending lunges from defenders.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

mouview

Quote from: EC Unique on April 08, 2010, 01:30:56 PM
Gutted :(  Should be in the last 4 but for some terrible luck.

Bad luck has nothing to do with it. For the umpeenth time against Johnny Foreigner MU couldn't hold and pass the ball around midfield in the way that Bayern did all the first game and all second half last night. (They were dominating even before the sending off.) S'steiger is hardly a top, top, top player but he showed how to do this last night, keeping the tempo set and the game flowing his team's way. SAF as usual learnt nothing from past defeats in the Chapions League, particularly the lesson he got in the final 12 months ago.

Bensars

Quote from: nrico2006 on April 08, 2010, 01:48:50 PM
As I said earlier, why did Van Bommel not receive a second yellow for his elbow shove in Fletchers back?  The only thing that frustrates me in football is inconsistencies, and to be honest I think refereeing standards is as poor as ever.  The United Chelsea game last week, as well as the Stamford Bridge game, were both decided by incorrect refereeing/linesman decisions.  Last night, if the referee was consistent in his decisions then either it would have been 11 v 11 or 10 v 10, as long as he is fair.

As for Valencia, I think its slightly different remonstrating with the referee if you have been on the end of potentially career-ending lunges from defenders.

Thats ok then. As long as theres clarity to when its right and when its wrong !

J OGorman

Quote from: deiseach on April 08, 2010, 01:33:47 PM
he was booked & the Ref was only giving him a warning for his 2nd bad tackle but the Bayern players surrounded the Ref & asked for the sending off

ross4life, you needy lay down in a darkened room man, you're taking this too personally.

as a 'neutral', i enjoyed the 2 legs. how anyone can say BM are a poor enough team is beyond me. Fergie was OTT at the end alright. Dunphy and Giles have actually morphed into Apres Match. They need to be put out to pasture. plus, Vidic gets a away with some amount of constant fouling

should be an a very interesting run in for the Premiership title

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: A Quinn Martin Production on April 08, 2010, 12:38:00 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on April 08, 2010, 12:23:28 PM
Quote from: A Quinn Martin Production on April 08, 2010, 12:18:33 PM
Why didn't MU put another player on the post since they knew Rafael had been sent off??

You cannot put 2 players on posts when you are playing 10 v. 11. Carrick should have been closer to Robben but I can understand why he was where he was.

Robben was unmarked...Ribery was taking the corner, and Bayern had 5 players in the box...Utd
had 9 outfield players.  One on each post leaves 7 players to mark 5 (or 6 if you count Robben.) If Carrick wasn't marking Robben he should he have been on the post??

Makes sense to me anyway A Quinn Martin...and the fact that Robben was left unmarked anyway regardless and scored at a unmanned goalpost would also prove you to be correct IMHO,I can't understand any team not putting players on either posts for a corner or free kick from the corner areas of the pitch. 
You'll Never Walk Alone.

nrico2006

'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

ross4life

Quote from: J OGorman on April 08, 2010, 01:53:58 PM
Quote from: deiseach on April 08, 2010, 01:33:47 PM

ross4life, you needy lay down in a darkened room man, you're taking this too personally.

as a 'neutral', i enjoyed the 2 legs. how anyone can say BM are a poor enough team is beyond me. Fergie was OTT at the end alright. Dunphy and Giles have actually morphed into Apres Match. They need to be put out to pasture. plus, Vidic gets a away with some amount of constant fouling

should be an a very interesting run in for the Premiership title

of course i'm taking it too personally "i can't help the great passion i have for the game"

& Bayern are average at best! a team united should be beating them "which is the most disappointing thing"

if Bayern get barca in the final they will get the same pasting they got last year from them
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open