Yes
No
Who is King Charles?
What about Diana the People's Princess?

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: Orior on September 16, 2022, 01:56:44 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 15, 2022, 03:35:04 PM
Didn't think Liz would have got to 12 + pages.. Ya wee royalists

As someone else said, we'll keep it going until the Month's Mind.

Jaysus if everyone had made a locka sambos that wouldve been a sight to behold
The big box and a big mountain o sambos beside it. Take one as you leave. Youve been queuing for 14hrs after all

Capt Pat

David Beckham is lining up with the commoners.

Kidder81

Quote from: Capt Pat on September 16, 2022, 02:40:33 PM

Another push for the knighthood

brokencrossbar1

I see the Census results have been pushed out a few days from the 20th. Must be terrified what a crowd of hungover loyalists will get up to when they find out they're no longer the majority!

Ironically it's been pushed out to another date which is significant in Orange history....22nd September....something else happened on that date some years back that Orange men celebrated....here's Tony when ye need him?

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: Capt Pat on September 16, 2022, 02:40:33 PM

See MPs didnt have to queue and could bring 4 others with them. Few other groups were exempt also. All a bit Animal Farmish....not that one the other one

Kidder81

Main Street

Quote from: Kidder81 on September 16, 2022, 07:02:26 PM
Man charged with lying-in-state queue sex assaults

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-62932781
Innocent until proven guilty, even if he has a dodgy foreign sounding name.

smelmoth

Armagh18

imtommygunn

When was the last constructive thing a unionist politician did? ( Well specifically dup or TUV as I fail to see what they add to society)

Eamonnca1

Quote from: imtommygunn on September 17, 2022, 03:21:34 PM
When was the last constructive thing a unionist politician did? ( Well specifically dup or TUV as I fail to see what they add to society)

Doug Beattie and the UUP refusing to join the DUP's petition of concern for the Alliance's integrated education bill. It subsequently passed in the Assembly. DUP and TUV? Hard to say what they've done that's constructive.

Eamonnca1

Quote from: seafoid on September 16, 2022, 01:08:41 PM
Quote from: 93-DY-SAM on September 16, 2022, 12:29:09 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on September 16, 2022, 12:10:27 PM
Quote from: Franko on September 16, 2022, 09:08:05 AM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on September 16, 2022, 08:58:03 AM
Quote from: Kidder81 on September 16, 2022, 08:09:09 AM
I can't get my head round these eejits queuing, currently a 12 hour wait  :-\

To us that is mental but to your average English person this is their Queen. It is huge for them and this is one of the most significant historical events in English history.  It would be churlish to underestimate that. The concept of Great Britain is teetering on the edge. She has been a constant for the majority of the population the whole of their lives. This is a huge moment in history and many want to be part of it. At the heel of the hunt though they reckon about half a million will visit her over the period of laying in state. With a population of close to 70m that's only a drop in the ocean.

It is clearly nuts, but I do remember as a child, queueing in a very long line to file past the coffin of Cardinal O'Fiaich many years ago in the Cathedral in Armagh

Us Irish are not averse to getting caught up in a bit of hysteria either

Sure look at the crowds at the George Best funeral, an alcoholic footballer.

It is a moment in history. I think though they should probably have travelled overland from Scotland and given people a chance to stand in their own town.

If this had happened 20/30 years ago when she wasn't an old woman I don't think there would have been the same mass hysteria that there is now. I'd put much of this down to her simply being just an old woman now and everyone relates to that with their granny.
I was in London when Diana died and it was the same social contagion. The Royals are the ultimate soap opera and class system pinnacle combo.

Ever see Christopher Hitchens's documentary about the Diana hysteria?