Started by stephenite, May 29, 2007, 04:09:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

highorlow

There was a NorthCider named Bertie,
and Mickey McDo all  wouldn't give him his Bow all,
Time has moved on and Mc Dowel is gone,
Now that Bertie is back in he will try it agin,
The Dubs can move thier ranch and go and play in Blanch,
no-one gets the blame and the rest of the Country will produce the best games!  

They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

magpie seanie

Quotevast tracts of areas like tallaght don't play GAA.

The very reason why Dublin should be split. There's no incentive or will to tackle this problem when you're going to have a good county team anyway.

Stagmeister

Jesus thats the worst attempt of a poem I've ever read in my life!!!

BTW congrats to that Bastion of football Longford on winning their first leinster championship game in 5 years this summer...here's hoping ye win another one in 2012!!

Billys Boots

Quotekilmacud support a population of about 300,000 in south dublin - this has been mentioned to the gaa several times about the lack of clubs in south dublin but they've done nothing about it.

Are you honestly saying that there isn't the interest or will in Kilmacud/Sandyford/Dundrum to set up new clubs because of the existence of Crokes?
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Gnevin

Quote from: Billys Boots on May 29, 2007, 12:13:53 PM
Quotekilmacud support a population of about 300,000 in south dublin - this has been mentioned to the gaa several times about the lack of clubs in south dublin but they've done nothing about it.

Are you honestly saying that there isn't the interest or will in Kilmacud/Sandyford/Dundrum to set up new clubs because of the existence of Crokes?
Sure , will you be giving this new club 5 + million for a pitch?
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

AZOffaly

Sure can't they use the stadium in Tallaght?? (Ducks)

dubinhell

Quote from: David McKeown on May 29, 2007, 11:24:44 AM
Heres the thing that has always annoyed me about Dublin games in Croke Park.  The fact that they get the entire of the hill.  I have yet to hear a water tight argument as to why this is so, can Dublin fans just not mix with fans from other counties.

Another Yawn !!!

They mix quite happily in the Hogan, Cusack and Canal End.

Also many thousands of Hill tickets have been made available to Louth Wicklow and Meath.

David McKeown

Sorry I was basing this on the quote from the first post on this thread

They (Dublin) originally received all 8,000 tickets for Hill

Also I was being flippant about them not being able to mix I was more wondering if that was the GAA's reasoning for them getting all the hill tickets
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Shamrock Shore

If I set up a GAA club in Blackrock will I automatically get 4 All Ireland tickets every year?

Billys Boots

QuoteSure , will you be giving this new club 5 + million for a pitch?

Is there a problem with doing what new clubs all over the world do when they start, i.e. rent public pitches?  For instance, did the GAA Club that set up in Barcelona 'get' €5M+ for a pitch?

Dinny Breen

Correct me if I'm wrong but do Ballinter St Johns not play on Council grounds?
#newbridgeornowhere

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Dinny Breen on May 29, 2007, 01:11:22 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong but do Ballinter St Johns not play on Council grounds?
think you are right, but they finished their big impressive (expensive) clubhouse a year or two ago.

tayto

Quote from: magpie seanie on May 29, 2007, 12:07:10 PM
Quotevast tracts of areas like tallaght don't play GAA.

The very reason why Dublin should be split. There's no incentive or will to tackle this problem when you're going to have a good county team anyway.

Eh, there are 6 clubs in or in the vicinity of Tallaght. Splitting Dublin is a non runner in my cheeky arrogant opinion.

Billys Boots

Tell us why tayto, I'd genuinely like to know.

lynchbhoy

I wouldnt mind seeing dublin split. Could create two very decent football teams imo.

Also I know it was a joke, but splitting Kilkenny and cork would give more decent hurling matches during the season.