Cheeky arrogant Dubs at it again

Started by stephenite, May 29, 2007, 04:09:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Romeo

Quote from: Billys Boots on May 29, 2007, 03:36:10 PM
I said meaningless, compared to Leitrim and Monaghan, you're quoting me out of context.  But I agree that meaningless is too strong a word - I should have said that it is probably not be as big a deal for them. What I meant was that the lads in the smaller counties know a huge proportion of the people in the crowd cheering for them, they know the people who wish them well on the street, and as Seanie says, they have a huge responsibility to their club and their parish (the future of their own clubs can rest on their shoulders).  

That's utter b*ll*x!

Do you think the Irish Rugby team are less proud to represent their country because they don't "know" a big proportion of the entire population they are representing?? That they don't feel a massive responsilbilty to the area they are representing?

magpie seanie

The Irish Rugby team have nothing to do with this but perhaps it is telling that you brought them into it.

Billys Boots

I'm not talking about international rugby; are you lost childeen?
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

dubinhell

My county is better/bigger/smaller/more dedicated/less bandwagon etc than yours...nyah nyah

cavan4ever

This thread is losing the run of itself.

Romeo

Quote from: Billys Boots on May 29, 2007, 04:06:20 PM
I'm not talking about international rugby; are you lost childeen?

Best u avoid the comparison than argue against it! I'll take that as u accepting my point!

tayto

Funny to have non Dubs telling us it means less to our players then theirs. There maybe things wrong with Dublin GAA but i really dont think a lack of pride in the Dublin jersey is one of them. Fair enough a Monaghan player might know more of the monaghan crowd but a dublin player will know most everyone he knows is watching him as well, and the size of the crowd brings it's own pressure and/or responsibility.

Billys Boots

The Junior Cert debating champion triumphs again - congrats.  I'm not arguing the point because it's irrelevant - how can you compare an international professional sport with a representative amateur sport, in terms of motivation?  Money, for a start, career, getting a transfer to a bigger club/league.  Are you following me yet?

Billys Boots

Come on tayto, you know I'm not saying that.

Romeo

Quote from: Billys Boots on May 29, 2007, 04:27:09 PM
Come on tayto, you know I'm not saying that.

Tell us so what are you saying? I've obviously got u wrong in thinking u said, because a lad might know 9 out of the 10 people watching him that he would have more pride?

Billys Boots

For the third time, I was talking about motivation, not pride. 

Romeo

Quote from: Billys Boots on May 29, 2007, 04:48:58 PM
For the third time, I was talking about motivation, not pride. 

Pride, motivation, happiness to be there, it doesn't matter, your point is still doesn't make any sense at all!

tayto

The way i saw it you were talking motivation for club players in Dublin, but i thought you were saying playing for Dulin meant less to our players as well.
Fair enough so.

I agree that having a chance to play for yor county is a huge motivation alright, but Cork has more club teams registred then Dublin, I dont see anyone calling for Cork to be split.

dubinhell

Maybe Croker should be expanded ?? Wembly will have nothing on us then  ;)

I don't see Dublin being split any time soon, no matter what some sh!tstirrers would like tosay. We don't win very often and there are other counties with more clubs & players.

If Dublin was split, then there would be twice as many poor unfortunate country folk "done" out of tickets by "arrogant" Dubs  ;D

Billys Boots

QuoteI dont see anyone calling for Cork to be split.

Yeah, but Cork win things now and again, and seem to have their structures right.  I'll get me coat.