Kildare v Mayo AI Qualifier Round 3

Started by Dinny Breen, June 25, 2018, 09:32:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gold

Quote from: Jinxy on June 30, 2018, 09:38:24 PM
No one aside from Andy Moran should be making any snap decisions anyway.

I hope Andy stays on
He still has it so why should he stop?
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

From the Bunker

Glad the Lads will get a well earned break this year. Super 8 would have been a disaster physically on this group after coming in the back door. the financial demand on Mayo supporters will get a badly needed rest as well. Let there not be a bad word about the Mayo players, they owe nothing to anybody.

Rossfan

Quote from: Jinxy on June 30, 2018, 09:46:54 PM
It's all neutral venues for Round 4, is that correct?
I know the CCCC are back in control now.
Yes Jinx and Croker has a concert so Provincial venues.
Cork v Kildare in Killarney
Ros v Armagh in Portlaoise
Laois v Monaghan  Hyde
Fermanagh v Tyrone Clones
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

bucko

Congrats to Kildare, better team on the day. Hunger shown by Kildare in the last 10-15 mins the big difference for me. They won 4 big 50/50 balls in the period that really drove them on. As for us, not enough got from our big game players on the day. I actually looked over the pitch at one point in the second half and wondered if Keegan was still on the pitch. Said it all really, a lot of guys looked well gassed before the end. Disappointed but not as much as I thought I'd be. Maybe the sense that this was coming at some point. Sorry for the guys who've brought us so close so many times the last few years and possibly may not get another chance.

Syferus

Quote from: From the Bunker on June 30, 2018, 09:57:38 PM
Glad the Lads will get a well earned break this year. Super 8 would have been a disaster physically on this group after coming in the back door. the financial demand on Mayo supporters will get a badly needed rest as well. Let there not be a bad word about the Mayo players, they owe nothing to anybody.

They owe Noel Connelly and Pat Holmes an apology.

joemamas

Quote from: Lar Naparka on June 30, 2018, 09:31:26 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on June 30, 2018, 08:50:57 PM
As refreshing as 3it is to see a Leinster team other than Dublin taking on the big guns, the realisation that I won't get to see Mayo in Croke Park is sinking in.
Always great to watch, play the game the right way and bring massive entertainment and colour to the championship.
Don't think this is 'the end' for them by any stretch.
Crippled with injuries, if they come back fresh next year they'll be right back in the mix.
Thanks Jinxy. Rough going at the moment but I'll survive as will Mayo. Well done Kildare. Better team won.

Thanks also. They have given us eight glorious years, a lot of very proud moments and heartbreak along the way.
They should all hold thier heads up high. they are all heros in my mind.
Congrats to kildare

macdanger2

Quote from: Syferus on June 30, 2018, 10:06:31 PM

Feeble effort even from you

yellowcard

The game itself lived up to the hype. Sweltering heat on a balmy summers evening with all the pent up emotion from events off the field very evident on the pitch after the match. Mayo died with their boots on and I just hope Kildare can refocus and channel the same energy into producing a performance close to what we seen tonight for next week. They will have gained an awful lot of goodwill from neutrals around the country this week.

Syferus

Quote from: macdanger2 on June 30, 2018, 10:11:31 PM

Feeble effort even from you

It's the damn truth.

BennyCake

Donnellys Hollow

There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

illdecide

It comes to all teams this, Mayo have given us all a good 8 years and you can only go the well so many times. I wouldn't say they're finished as a long break this year and back next year for one last go at it...I'd say they've one possibly two (max) more years left in that team. Unlucky Mayo and well done Kildare...
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

mrdeeds

Why were you involved in that team and this to justify your attempt at a troll.

Blowitupref

Quote from: illdecide on June 30, 2018, 11:01:20 PM
It comes to all teams this, Mayo have given us all a good 8 years and you can only go the well so many times. I wouldn't say they're finished as a long break this year and back next year for one last go at it...I'd say they've one possibly two (max) more years left in that team. Unlucky Mayo and well done Kildare...
6 good years. 2011 well beaten by Kerry and less than great in Connacht which included an extra time struggle v London. Can't call this year great either lucky to stay up in Div 1 and out of the championship by June. Aren't finish i'd agree they will be back for more next year but probably under new management.

Tonight is all about Kildare though, a mighty win for them totally against the odds well done to them and should be interesting to see how far they go after that win tonight
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose