Kildare v Mayo AI Qualifier Round 3

Started by Dinny Breen, June 25, 2018, 09:32:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayo Border

Rossfan

Great game, great win for Kildare best team won as the years caught up with our neighbours.
Genuinely sorry ye didn't win Sam over the years.
But there you go.
Ros v Kildare next week in Portlaoise. 
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Farrandeelin

Gutted. f**king gutted. It was always going to end sometime but f**k it it's not nice when it did. Well done Kildare deserved but I'm gutted for the Mayo players.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

seafoid

Dougal Maguire

I take back a lot of the things I said. Fair play to Kildare, their decision to press for home advantage has been proven to be justified. Good luck to them going forward. They still need to do something quickly about the state of their ground and hopefully this will generate an impetus to get things moving in that regard
Careful now

yellowcard

Unbelievable scenes on the pitch afterwards with players management and fans unified as one, I doubt if we will see scenes like it for the rest of the year even on AI final day.

Kildare deserved it in what was a physically bruising encounter, they played like savages at times and particularly in the last 10-15 minutes when the game was in the melting pot.

You would have to have sympathy for a great Mayo side and Diarmuid O'Connor (MOTM I thought) and Paddy Durcan did not deserve to be on a losing side tonight

Syferus

Quote from: Farrandeelin on June 30, 2018, 08:45:34 PM
Gutted. f**king gutted. It was always going to end sometime but f**k it it's not nice when it did. Well done Kildare deserved but I'm gutted for the Mayo players.

I think people will look back and marvel at how Mayo made the last two AI finals, they looked out of gas this time two years ago but somehow found enough left in the well. The chase for an AI that started in 2011 for most of these lads is now over. Despite their heroics they weren't destined to be the ones to change Mayo's story.

Jinxy

As refreshing as it is to see a Leinster team other than Dublin taking on the big guns, the realisation that I won't get to see Mayo in Croke Park is sinking in.
Always great to watch, play the game the right way and bring massive entertainment and colour to the championship.
Don't think this is 'the end' for them by any stretch.
Crippled with injuries, if they come back fresh next year they'll be right back in the mix.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Mayo4Sam14

Wish we could've at least gone out to a proper team with actual aspirations going forward. Kildare probably f**king bend over again to whoever they get in the next round and if not then then in the super 8s
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

Syferus

Quote from: Jinxy on June 30, 2018, 08:50:57 PM
As refreshing as it is to see a Leinster team other than Dublin taking on the big guns, the realisation that I won't get to see Mayo in Croke Park is sinking in.
Always great to watch, play the game the right way and bring massive entertainment and colour to the championship.
Crippled with injuries, if they come back fresh next year they'll be right back in the mix.

We're a much better watch in fairness.

GalwayBayBoy

Kildare v Cork now so the winners have the Dubs at home.

seafoid

Quote from: Jinxy on June 30, 2018, 08:50:57 PM
They have an awful lot of miles on the clock and they are no longer #1 in Connacht.
I don't think anyone could ask more of the players. They gave everything to the cause.
And it puts a different spin on how the Dubs behaved at the end of last year's final.

charlieTully

Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on June 30, 2018, 08:52:38 PM
Wish we could've at least gone out to a proper team with actual aspirations going forward. Kildare probably f**king bend over again to whoever they get in the next round and if not then then in the super 8s

Wise up you twat. They beat you fair and square. You lot had your chance and blew it more times than a €25 hooker.

highorlow

Congratulations Kildare and to Mup and Dinny, well done. If we could choose a team to end our era it would be ye guys.

Best of luck from now on. Kildare Abu.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Syferus

Will Willie Joe survive this at all??