?
10 (50%)
?
10 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Sheugh Water

Quote from: Squareball71 on December 12, 2018, 11:42:32 PM
Quote from: Sheugh Water on December 12, 2018, 11:22:05 PM
If you were a Derry hurler you'd be considering a strike after those finances were announced Monday night

I was wondering if someone would mention Monday night. After that do you see the promotion of Hurling to the fore for 2019?

Its going to difficult. 24k for minor football versus 14k for senior hurling is nothing short of disrespectful. These hurlers played full national league and  Christy ring. 3k for minor hurlers wjo had a long enough campaign.

U20 footballers 24k. Then there was the expenses claimed by management. Zero by collie mc gurk and massive figure by mceerlain

JoG2

TBH, I'd have liked to have seen Bobby Farren voted in, young man, fresh ideas, plenty of energy. Was there maybe 18 clubs represented out of 39? Wonder how that % would compare to the likes of Donegal / Tyrone etc?

Keyser soze

Bobby Farren has zero interest in the GAA, sad day for GAA in Derry when he is anywhere near a county chairman position.

JoG2

Quote from: Keyser soze on December 13, 2018, 10:39:13 AM
Bobby Farren has zero interest in the GAA, sad day for GAA in Derry when he is anywhere near a county chairman position.

Wow, quite the statement on a public forum. Sounds personal....Any sadder than sitting in Div 4 from a Div 1 final 4 years ago? Sadder than having less than 50% of clubs at the CC the other night when more than ever we need everyone pulling together and not the usual hurling from the ditch? Christ nobody snipes better than Derry folk

Keyser soze

JoG2

Quote from: Keyser soze on December 13, 2018, 11:36:52 AM
Is Bobby a Glack man?

You've the man sussed, we should be asking you info surely?

PS: does it matter what club he's from?

Dick Craig

The only clubs not represented at County Convention were Claudy, Drum, Ogra Colmcille and Ballymaguigan. All other clubs and County Exectutive members were represented. 90+ delegates.

Keyser soze

Well it does matter as I would expect that anyone hoping to become county chairman would have demonstrated their ability to lead the county set up by having experience of similar roles within their club over a number of years, at the very least.

Squareball71

The public interviews in the Press didn't help I'm sure. Some quite damning slurs on the volunteer in it.

Derry Optimist

I believe that Derry recently played challenge matches against Carlow and Queen's University.Has any poster heard  reports of the games and the names of the players   who fielded for Derry?

toby47

Quote from: Derry Optimist on December 13, 2018, 03:01:12 PM
I believe that Derry recently played challenge matches against Carlow and Queen's University.Has any poster heard  reports of the games and the names of the players   who fielded for Derry?

Played a youthful/experimental team a couple of weekends ago vs Carlow. Derry won the game

JoG2

Quote from: Keyser soze on December 13, 2018, 02:13:07 PM
Well it does matter as I would expect that anyone hoping to become county chairman would have demonstrated their ability to lead the county set up by having experience of similar roles within their club over a number of years, at the very least.

Yeah, like all those combined years of club committee experience we currently have have served us well in the last number of years? 3rd biggest spend from Croke Pk and Div 1 to Div 4 in 4 years? Personally I'd have taken a punt on fresher blood, a new vision for the county, plenty of energy. But, I'll bow to your greater knowledge of Farren as you're willing to give him both barrels on here.

Keyser soze

JoG2

Quote from: Keyser soze on December 13, 2018, 03:46:41 PM
What was this new vision JoG?

we're at playground levels now. You lam bast the man on here outright, and you seem to know nothing about him. Knock yourself out

Keyser soze

Quote from: JoG2 on December 13, 2018, 03:58:16 PM
Quote from: Keyser soze on December 13, 2018, 03:46:41 PM
What was this new vision JoG?

we're at playground levels now. You lam bast the man on here outright, and you seem to know nothing about him. Knock yourself out

You came on and said that you wished he had got the nod for chairman, I disagreed as I do not think he has demonstrated any previous commitment to the GAA which for me is a prerequisite for anyone to be on our county board. I did not 'lambast' him, he has put himself forward for a high profile position in the county and coupled that with a major media push to maximise his support so in my eyes that makes it entirely fair that I can comment on his suitability or otherwise for said position.

I also feel it is fair to ask you what you feel his 'new vision' is as you said it was one of the things that would have made you vote for him. I don't see what is playground about that.