18. Conor McAtamney-Suitreach
19. Ben McCarron-Baile Stil
20. Simon McErlain-Maichre Fiolta
21. Padraig McGrogan-Droichead Nua
22. Christopher McKaigue-Sleacht Neill
23. Sean McKeever-Dun Geimhin
24. Paul McNeill-Sleacht Neill

Real Talk

And what would Oakleaf's preferred  spine be for the League campaign ?

oakleaflad

Quote from: Real Talk on December 19, 2018, 10:27:37 PM
And what would Oakleaf's preferred  spine be for the League campaign ?
Ask me again after the McKenna cup. At the minute probably similar to what JoG2 has above though I'd swap Paudie Tad and Emmett Bradley from his selection.

toby47

Any reports from last night? Who impressed?

JoG2

Young defence and attack, few players fairly light on bulk and conditioning compared to the Tyrone men. Good to have McKindless back, hes a fine footballer, and McFaul too. 

Sukie lead the line well, he'll reap rewards through the offensive mark (looks like a decent rule change though time will tell) and scored a mighty point into the changing room end in the first half.

Would like to see McGill get a good run at 6, looked assured last night, classy footballer

Kickouts were a disaster tbh, though not much movement or the looks of a strategy in place.

Some great moves at pace from both sides blew up for the 4th handpass, hope they drop it.

We need to keep Lynn fit, vital again for the year ahead

Coney at 11 for Tyrone was a handful all night

oakleaflad

Quote from: JoG2 on December 21, 2018, 10:08:17 AM
Young defence and attack, few players fairly light on bulk and conditioning compared to the Tyrone men. Good to have McKindless back, hes a fine footballer, and McFaul too. 

Sukie lead the line well, he'll reap rewards through the offensive mark (looks like a decent rule change though time will tell) and scored a mighty point into the changing room end in the first half.

Would like to see McGill get a good run at 6, looked assured last night, classy footballer

Kickouts were a disaster tbh, though not much movement or the looks of a strategy in place.

Some great moves at pace from both sides blew up for the 4th handpass, hope they drop it.

We need to keep Lynn fit, vital again for the year ahead

Coney at 11 for Tyrone was a handful all night
Was McGill marking Coney then? I see Coney got MOTM. McGill the one player i'm probably most interested in seeing what he can do in a county jersey. 
Sad to hear about the kickouts, been an issue this past few years. Plenty of time to work on it yet though.

JoG2

very little man marking these days, especially outside of the fullback line. Alot of roaming going on and zonal positioning (apologies for that). Coney was excellent, McGill steady.

North Man

I thought the conditioning of the tyrone players we far superior to the Derry lads.
I saw Grugan play for Omagh v Sneil last year, he was a cart-horse, last night he was a lean and agile.
N Sludden is some worker, far superior to Coney who has a terrific left foot skills, but is he a worker.
Darragh C, was like his da, looking for the ball right and left, always thinking.
I think Ryan D was on Coney.
Derry do not have the quality and team work of Tyrone yet, Tyrone were able to slot in young lads that were fully aware of what they had to do.
We had a young team out, i think we have the basis of a team that should get promoted, we need to get our spine sorted and playing on a regular basis.

restorepride

Looks like a very long road until we will be challenging Tír Eoghain in any meaningful way.  Not to have anything approaching a primary possession/kick out strategy at this level is soul destroying for supporters, never mind players. On the plus side, McCarron has a bit of class about him and if given time could be a great addition.

markl121

The kickout strategy for the last few years has been soul destroying. When you see how effortless the top teams make it look, yet we just seem to mindlessly boot it and hope for the best.

Real Talk

Is there any evidence to suggested that Damian McErlean is the right man for the job ?

braveheart

Quote from: Real Talk on December 27, 2018, 08:46:59 PM
Is there any evidence to suggested that Damian McErlean is the right man for the job ?
we should know more after this year. It's a big year for his future in Gaelic football management.

Real Talk

We need at least 10 mature good Club players to be on this panel because those teams we are playing will not have too many young inexperienced fells on their teams.  What about Daniel Heavron, has to been asked to join the panel ?   While he may be short of club game time due to the bad injury he got earlier in the year he's still one of the very best in the County.  I don't want to hear about preparing for Tyrone in the championship (that's a waste of time ) our only focus should be concentrating on getting a settled team early in the League campaign and grinding out a promotion ...   

JoG2

Quote from: Real Talk on December 28, 2018, 05:27:50 PM
We need at least 10 mature good Club players to be on this panel because those teams we are playing will not have too many young inexperienced fells on their teams.  What about Daniel Heavron, has to been asked to join the panel ?   While he may be short of club game time due to the bad injury he got earlier in the year he's still one of the very best in the County.  I don't want to hear about preparing for Tyrone in the championship (that's a waste of time ) our only focus should be concentrating on getting a settled team early in the League campaign and grinding out a promotion ...

Couldn't agree more. Would liked to have seen Heavron and big Emmet back, with McGuckin leading the line with Sukie, Toner playing off them. Mackers doesn't need anyone to tell him he's drinking in the last chance saloon after last year. Minimum is winning the league and making a right fist of the qualifiers.

Glenman93

Quote from: JoG2 on December 28, 2018, 07:28:51 PM
Quote from: Real Talk on December 28, 2018, 05:27:50 PM

Couldn't agree more. Would liked to have seen Heavron and big Emmet back, with McGuckin leading the line with Sukie, Toner playing off them. Mackers doesn't need anyone to tell him he's drinking in the last chance saloon after last year. Minimum is winning the league and making a right fist of the qualifiers.

Both invited and refused I believe. Keep up man!