?
10 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 20

JoG2

Quote from: Keyser soze on December 13, 2018, 04:06:19 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on December 13, 2018, 03:58:16 PM
Quote from: Keyser soze on December 13, 2018, 03:46:41 PM
What was this new vision JoG?

we're at playground levels now. You lam bast the man on here outright, and you seem to know nothing about him. Knock yourself out

You came on and said that you wished he had got the nod for chairman, I disagreed as I do not think he has demonstrated any previous commitment to the GAA which for me is a prerequisite for anyone to be on our county board. I did not 'lambast' him, he has put himself forward for a high profile position in the county and coupled that with a major media push to maximise his support so in my eyes that makes it entirely fair that I can comment on his suitability or otherwise for said position.

I also feel it is fair to ask you what you feel his 'new vision' is as you said it was one of the things that would have made you vote for him. I don't see what is playground about that.

"Bobby Farren has zero interest in the GAA, sad day for GAA in Derry when he is anywhere near a county chairman position"...our definitions of lam bast must differ.  You must know the man  to come out with that, or at the very least spoken with him to see what he thinks? no?  I've spoken to the man in the past and liked what he had to say. I've spoken to members of other clubs both in the city and outside who were for backing him.  If you think I'm gonna share our conversations on here, think again. But it was enough for me to think he'd deserve a go at it. 

Keyser soze

Quote from: JoG2 on December 13, 2018, 04:22:57 PM
Quote from: Keyser soze on December 13, 2018, 04:06:19 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on December 13, 2018, 03:58:16 PM
Quote from: Keyser soze on December 13, 2018, 03:46:41 PM
What was this new vision JoG?

we're at playground levels now. You lam bast the man on here outright, and you seem to know nothing about him. Knock yourself out

You came on and said that you wished he had got the nod for chairman, I disagreed as I do not think he has demonstrated any previous commitment to the GAA which for me is a prerequisite for anyone to be on our county board. I did not 'lambast' him, he has put himself forward for a high profile position in the county and coupled that with a major media push to maximise his support so in my eyes that makes it entirely fair that I can comment on his suitability or otherwise for said position.

I also feel it is fair to ask you what you feel his 'new vision' is as you said it was one of the things that would have made you vote for him. I don't see what is playground about that.

"Bobby Farren has zero interest in the GAA, sad day for GAA in Derry when he is anywhere near a county chairman position"...our definitions of lam bast must differ.  You must know the man  to come out with that, or at the very least spoken with him to see what he thinks? no?  I've spoken to the man in the past and liked what he had to say. I've spoken to members of other clubs both in the city and outside who were for backing him.  If you think I'm gonna share our conversations on here, think again. But it was enough for me to think he'd deserve a go at it.

We spell lambast differently too lol.

marty34

Quote from: Squareball71 on December 12, 2018, 11:42:32 PM
Quote from: Sheugh Water on December 12, 2018, 11:22:05 PM
If you were a Derry hurler you'd be considering a strike after those finances were announced Monday night

I was wondering if someone would mention Monday night. After that do you see the promotion of Hurling to the fore for 2019?

Are the football figures available to see?

Champion The Wonder Horse

Enda Mc Ginley has been appointed manager of Swatragh senior football team for 2019.

Newbridge Exile

Quote from: Champion The Wonder Horse on December 15, 2018, 09:02:45 PM
Enda Mc Ginley has been appointed manager of Swatragh senior football team for 2019.
Who has he managed previously ?

braveheart

Quote from: Newbridge Exile on December 15, 2018, 10:38:39 PM
Quote from: Champion The Wonder Horse on December 15, 2018, 09:02:45 PM
Who has he managed previously ?
ironically he rang us looking the job.Brilliant appointment IMO.

Mountain Gael

Start of the new season and my annual good wishes.just wishing the derry management and players all the best for the year ahead.we have enough quality to cruise through the league and get ready for our neighbours in the championship.

restorepride

Quote from: Mountain Gael on December 17, 2018, 03:44:41 PM
Start of the new season and my annual good wishes.just wishing the derry management and players all the best for the year ahead.we have enough quality to cruise through the league and get ready for our neighbours in the championship.
So, are you certain that Doire will win Division 4 of National Football League?

toby47

Quote from: restorepride on December 18, 2018, 12:15:48 AM

Has anyone seen odds for the league?

JoG2

Absolutely.

Mountain Gael

Quote from: JoG2 on December 18, 2018, 03:20:41 PM

Absolutely.
Yes certain for promotion

oakleaflad

You would think we'd learn by now that nothing is certain but you would think that, with the talent we have, we really should get promotion at the very least.

restorepride

Quote from: JoG2 on December 18, 2018, 03:20:41 PM

Absolutely.
How much money would you put on it?

Real Talk

Quote from: oakleaflad on December 19, 2018, 04:11:36 PM
You would think we'd learn by now that nothing is certain but you would think that, with the talent we have, we really should get promotion at the very least.

Given the players that have committed for Derry in 2019 (at this stage) who would the spine of your starting team be ie :

Goalkeeper
Full Back
CH Back
2 Mid-fielders
CH Forward
Full Forward

JoG2

Positions aren't what they once were., but this crowd of yahoo's would be a solid start to build lines around...

Mckindless
Rogers
Mckaigue C
E Bradley McAtamney
Paudie Tad
Bell