NFL Division 3 2017

Started by Shamrock Shore, January 30, 2017, 06:47:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

McGeeney reminds me of Liam Brady. An exceptional player but not a manager. Sometimes drive is not enough

magpie seanie

Quote from: seafoid on April 03, 2017, 08:09:57 AM
McGeeney reminds me of Liam Brady. An exceptional player but not a manager. Sometimes drive is not enough

He has the best PR machine ever.

He was a good player, no more.

He has been a disastrous manager. Kildare are only just recovering now from his tenure. And we've ended up with a clown in charge because "he worked with McGeeney". Watching Armagh the first day I thought they'd blitz the division but the silly errors that enabled us steal a draw that day keep being repeated. For a manager who is supposed to be so professional in his approach it defies belief that these basic things can't seem to get sorted.

Shamrock Shore

Corrigan Park very like a club ground. No stands or seats but the clubhouse overlooking the pitch was grand for my 82 year old mother to watch the game in comfort in.

We did our best to lose it. Missed goals, missed scorable frees and then, to cap it, conceded a penalty from a hail Mary high ball midway through second half. 2nd yellow for our defender and ergo down to 14. Penalty converted and our comfortable 4 pt lead was down to 1.

5 mins later it got worse when a soccer-esque sliding tackle merited a straight red and we were down to 13. Antrim tails up with the wind.

We could have gone down to 12 or even 11 when a clothes line tackle and an agricultural tackle only merited yellow. Nobody in Longford could have complained if they were red. The second tackle was where the 6 or so minutes of injury time came from as the Antrim player had a hurt shoulder or collar bone.

Antrim when one up from a free and I thought that was it. But we did a panzer like movement down the field, and Antrim panicked, conceded a free and that was the equaliser and the full time whistle blew.

Looking at the new tenants in the 2018 Div 3 and the existing ones, we will be red hot favourites to be relegated next year. I cannot see points coming from anywhere judging by what I have seen this year.

Cannot even see who we'll play at home. Westmeath, Sligo, Armagh and Offaly are away matches at least.....

AZOffaly

Very good SS. A panzer like movement :)

Billys Boots

QuoteCannot even see who we'll play at home. Westmeath, Sligo, Armagh and Offaly are away matches at least.....

Westmeath - we've won in de dump before, we'll win in de dump again
Sligo - Marky Park, it's a fortress ... not
Aaaaaaargh - you're kidding me
Offaly - a doss in Mullock Mór
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

tippabu

Almost embarrassed to post here now......complete robbery yesterday. We were very poor again yesterday but quinlivan, what can you say, being double and triple marked and scores a brilliant hat trick. After the Louth game I said no chance I was travelling to Armagh, Jesus I'm glad I did now. Must say any Armagh fans was talking to before and after the game were great.

Orior

Quote from: tippabu on April 03, 2017, 10:15:33 AM
Almost embarrassed to post here now......complete robbery yesterday. We were very poor again yesterday but quinlivan, what can you say, being double and triple marked and scores a brilliant hat trick. After the Louth game I said no chance I was travelling to Armagh, Jesus I'm glad I did now. Must say any Armagh fans was talking to before and after the game were great.

Yes, we're actually quite nice to meet in person. And we'll look after your women very well too.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

lurganblue

Jaysus it's frustrating being an armagh supporter.  Another game thrown away fs. 1st half we should have went in more ahead. some poor handling mistakes at crucial moments.

If we could defend we would be a decent team.  Even with 14/15 men in our own half we couldnt prevent a goal.  That's criminal.  Armagh are where they deserve to be unfortunately.  It seems they are slow to learn their lesson.

general_lee

Jesus you'd think it was the end of the world. Yes I'd prefer Armagh to be playing Division 2 next year (let's face it - not exactly full of world beaters) but the reality is a combination of factors including bad luck have left us where we are.

Fine margins saw us relegated to this division and fine margins have kept us here... but Is it McGeeney's fault grown men don't have the gumption to take a black card in the dying minutes when defending a tight lead? Is it McGeeneys fault "supporters" chastised a player to the extent he no longer wanted to play for his county? The man isn't immune from criticism - his inability to organise a sound defence is baffling given that's where he played his trade for 20 odd years. But the reality is bar CV we lack any real  leadership from 1-9 and with McKeever not really able for 60 mins at I/c level and Andy Mallon seemingly not interested (?)  it's hard to see who can shore up the defence.

That all said the team  have shown glimpses of what they're capable of, with players to return and fitness to improve on, lessons to learn I am quite confident of beating Down in the championship who are led by what can only be described as a complete idiot. They somehow managed to hold onto their Division 2 status (no doubt will go to their heads) and will probably enter the game as warm favourites though I don't think they have the players to deal with our forward unit especially if all are fit and available.

illdecide

I have said it many times that our record in AG is so poor and i can't understand it. The old AG was a real hard place for teams to come and win no matter who we played but the new AG is like an open invitation for away teams to come and take what you like...can't understand it TBH. I'd play every game away from home only for the financial repercussions.

On the game itself i can't understand how players can be so naive in the last piece of action...Feck me that Tipp player would have been decapitated anywhere else running through but our boys just let them sally on thru, Armagh were a 7-8pt better team than Tipp yesterday and came away with nothing. As someone else stated it's more or less expected now supporting Armagh and no matter how bad the beating is it just doesn't shock you as we're used to it and almost expect it...

Sure look even T Fearon had £10,000 on Tipp yesterday...fair play Tony the Bookie must hate the sight of you
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

omagh_gael

naka

frig
that's criminal
even worse than I thought

armaghniac

Well you can't accuse Armagh of cynical defending anyway! Alas.

Tipp really made the most of it though.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B