Six figure salary and car on offer for new Ulster GAA CEO?

Started by T Fearon, August 31, 2016, 08:13:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnneycool

Quote from: T Fearon on September 26, 2016, 05:44:58 PM
Oh.I assumed Head of Finance had got CEO post and last week's ad was for a replacement.

Another Down man gets it, he may also be another Burren man to boot;

Down's Brian McAvoy is set to be appointed as the new secretary of the Ulster Council.

The Belfast Telegraph is reporting that the Mourne County man is to take over the reins from the long serving Danny Murphy.

McAvoy's GAA administrative CV includes spells as secretary of Down GAA and the Down Hurling committee.

In recent times, he has acted as an adviser to Northern Ireland Assembly Minister of Culture, Arts and Leisure, Carál Ní Chuilín.

oakleafgael

Quote from: johnneycool on October 10, 2016, 02:23:09 PM
Oh.I assumed Head of Finance had got CEO post and last week's ad was for a replacement.

Down's Brian McAvoy is set to be appointed as the new secretary of the Ulster Council.

The Belfast Telegraph is reporting that the Mourne County man is to take over the reins from the long serving Danny Murphy.

McAvoy's GAA administrative CV includes spells as secretary of Down GAA and the Down Hurling committee.

In recent times, he has acted as an adviser to Northern Ireland Assembly Minister of Culture, Arts and Leisure, Carál Ní Chuilín.

Brian, who is a member of St. Mary's GAC, Burren, is a former secretary of the Down County Committee and is a highly experienced GAA official.  A civil servant by profession, he has worked at the heart of government affairs in recent years and has served as Principal Information Officer in a number of government departments including The Office of the First Minister and Deputy First Minister and the Department of Culture, Arts and Leisure.  He is currently Head of the Government Advertising Unit.

T Fearon

yellowcard

Quote from: oakleafgael on October 10, 2016, 03:12:39 PM
Quote from: johnneycool on October 10, 2016, 02:23:09 PM

Brian, who is a member of St. Mary's GAC, Burren, is a former secretary of the Down County Committee and is a highly experienced GAA official.  A civil servant by profession, he has worked at the heart of government affairs in recent years and has served as Principal Information Officer in a number of government departments including The Office of the First Minister and Deputy First Minister and the Department of Culture, Arts and Leisure.  He is currently Head of the Government Advertising Unit.

Same club as the last man, sounds like jobs for the boys!!

T Fearon

The Gs Man

Keep 'er lit

Dubh driocht

Excellent appointment to a key role- a fair man with vast experience in the GAA and public sector but without ego.

bannside

I had the pleasure of meeting Brian when he stayed with our club during the feile a couple of years ago. Great craic and a vast knowledge of how the GAA works. A regular guy without ego as previous poster alluded to. Congratulations.

omaghjoe

Quote from: Rois on September 26, 2016, 04:29:44 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on September 26, 2016, 04:25:38 PM
Rois,you're in the know.Has the previous Head of Finance been appointed CEO?
I actually have no idea.  I checked the job spec (I wouldn't even get an interview   8) ) and it says that the finance manager reports into the head of finance.
TBF your prob not a million miles away from it Rois, the question might be could they afford you?

saulzer

A fair old hike in pay, if he was a Grade 7 Principal Information Officer in the Civil Service his top whack salary would have been £52k. Good luck to him.

sambostar

Quote from: saulzer on October 15, 2016, 06:45:16 PM
A fair old hike in pay, if he was a Grade 7 Principal Information Officer in the Civil Service his top whack salary would have been £52k. Good luck to him.
He'll be hoping the salary's paid in Euro now!