Six figure salary and car on offer for new Ulster GAA CEO?

Started by T Fearon, August 31, 2016, 08:13:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildweasel74

Games are amateur for players*
Organisation is very professional.
Also team managers and * players in the US get paid.

I remember alot of heat towards players when the word pay them was used,
so how come there no issues paying managers, coaches , trainers, are they not doing it for the love of the game.
i rather pay the players we come to see, not the men running the game or the managers. (of course this is Ireland not America and no team outside of Dublin could pay their players) but i hate the double standards and the use of the GAA as a amateur organization,
Christ i agreed with Tony for once, must be coming down with something

Rois

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on September 02, 2016, 11:56:35 PM
Games are amateur for players*
Organisation is very professional.
Also team managers and * players in the US get paid.

i rather pay the players we come to see, not the men running the game or the managers. (of course this is Ireland not America and no team outside of Dublin could pay their players) but i hate the double standards and the use of the GAA as a amateur organization,
Christ i agreed with Tony for once, must be coming down with something
I have a lot of sympathy for this point on paying players, but in my mind there is no doubt that there is a need for a professional infrastructure. You need someone to be responsible for the finances, insurance, development, grounds, tickets, HR for paid employees like schools coaches etc. There are thousands who do volunteer and probably put in the equivalent of a full time job into it, but there is still a need for a group of people to be responsible for the whole lot. I'm ok.with someone making a career out of it.

rrhf

I wonder who is responsible for deciding salary etc. 

T Fearon

I suppose to be fair,major funders insist on these structures of bureaucracy as a means of governance and guardianship of public funds.Inevitably SportNI will insist on endorsing the successful candidate which further dilutes the GAA's autonomy.

heffo

Quote from: rrhf on September 03, 2016, 04:17:27 AM
I wonder who is responsible for deciding salary etc.

Croke Park management in liason with Provincial Secretary I'd imagine - same as most other similar posts

WT4E

Any word on who got the this golden egg appointment? Has there been big changes in Ulster Council Staff recently?

T Fearon

Advertised for a Financial Manager last week.Big clue as to who new CEO is.

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

DuffleKing

Quote from: T Fearon on September 26, 2016, 10:54:54 AM
Advertised for a Financial Manager last week.Big clue as to who new CEO is.

Someone with no financial skills?

T Fearon

Rois

Quote from: T Fearon on September 26, 2016, 03:58:48 PM
I would have thought the previous Finance Manager
They'd have had to jump over the head of finance to get it then.

T Fearon

Rois,you're in the know.Has the previous Head of Finance been appointed CEO?

Rois

Quote from: T Fearon on September 26, 2016, 04:25:38 PM
Rois,you're in the know.Has the previous Head of Finance been appointed CEO?
I actually have no idea.  I checked the job spec (I wouldn't even get an interview   8) ) and it says that the finance manager reports into the head of finance.

T Fearon

Oh.I assumed Head of Finance had got CEO post and last week's ad was for a replacement.