Six figure salary and car on offer for new Ulster GAA CEO?

Started by T Fearon, August 31, 2016, 08:13:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

There have been paid officials in the GAA for many years. The GAA is so big that it is accepted you need paid, full time, officals taking care of the business of the GAA. Or do you think the top GAA executives could run the GAA as a hobby?

Rossfan

Quote from: T Fearon on September 01, 2016, 10:54:42 AM
It does make a mockery of "amateur organisation"
Games are amateur for players*
Organisation is very professional.
Also team managers and * players in the US get paid.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Applesisapples

Anyone who doesn't believe that the GAA needs to pay to attracted high quality professionals in to run the organisation has little understanding of business. The complexity of this job is immense covering everything from finance to PR. And lets face it the Casement fiasco will need a steady hand.

T Fearon

Its another step along the corporate road.No doubt a high flyer will be appointed with no idea of the GAA ethos,deliver nothing and walk away in a couple of years time with a big package.

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

johnneycool

Get onto Gill for the application pack;

gill@peoplealign.com

In saying that, as with all things GAA, don't be expecting a transparent process in how the person was elected, but with the job based in Armagh I'd presume all Fair employment practices will need to be met!!!

T Fearon

No doubt grant aiders like SportNI will be heavily involved too.

Rossfan

One of Tony's Unionist mates is a shoe in for the job.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

T Fearon

The job should go to the best applicant regardless of community background.SportNI will have a major say.

Aristo 60

There's a bit of Danny's shoulder on the right hand side. Maybe.

T Fearon

Are you saying Declan Bogue is writing inaccurate stories?

Rois

I bet I know who was in Bogue's ear.
I know the perfect applicant, hope she goes for it and gets it.

T Fearon

I would be surprised if it goes beyond one existing male Senior staff member

Milltown Row2

Quote from: T Fearon on September 01, 2016, 03:54:01 PM
Its another step along the corporate road.No doubt a high flyer will be appointed with no idea of the GAA ethos,deliver nothing and walk away in a couple of years time with a big package.

You should apply then, that's you all over, soccer head, only know one code, and by the looks of you never played!! Shoe in
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

johnneycool

Quote from: Rois on September 02, 2016, 02:59:44 AM
I bet I know who was in Bogue's ear.
I know the perfect applicant, hope she goes for it and gets it.

Carál Ní Chuilín?