Canavan rates the remaining teams

Started by Fuzzman, July 29, 2016, 02:45:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Tyrone haven't beaten any of Dublin, Kerry or Mayo in yonks. Canavan obviously believes they can beat two of them, and maybe he is right. But I wouldn't agree.

As for Galway, they haven't won a game in Croke Park for 15 years. I expect that to change tomorrow, but that will probably be the end of their run. And that would be a very good year for them considering most of their supporters didn't give them a chance against Mayo.

But 4th best team! Nonsense. Donegal would eat them alive in Croker as, I think, Mayo will do in the semi final.
MWWSI 2017

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: muppet on July 30, 2016, 04:07:03 PM
Tyrone haven't beaten any of Dublin, Kerry or Mayo in yonks. Canavan obviously believes they can beat two of them, and maybe he is right. But I wouldn't agree.

Delusional Mayo, love it! :D :)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

seafoid

As for Galway, they haven't won a game in Croke Park for 15 years. I expect that to change tomorrow, but that will probably be the end of their run. And that would be a very good year for them considering most of their supporters didn't give them a chance against Mayo.

But 4th best team! Nonsense. Donegal would eat them alive in Croker as, I think, Mayo will do in the semi final.
Good man Muppet. No surrender.
Just on not winning in CP in 15 years. I think.it was the same in 98.

seafoid

I would love to see Mayo beating Kerry this year. The patronising attitude Kerry football people have must drive  Mayo people  up the wall. Tomás  Ó Sé is full of it in the Indo today. Love their gah but they can't win.

Mclf

Where are Roscommon in this list? Surely with the dreamteam of McFod at the helm and the vast array of talent available to them they should at least be in the top 3?

J70

BennyHarp

That was never a square ball!!

J70

Of course. And Canavan didn't have much to go on really, so its not a personal dig at him. But there's a whole middle level of teams among whom there is no pattern or logic to results. The same five or six teams will beat just about everyone until they play each other, after which Dublin will come out on top. Trying to rank the rest, beyond the really poor few, is futile, and I think even Canavan would admit he was probably unsure about putting Galway top four, even with being on the non-Dublin side of the draw.

Owenmoresider

Quote from: J70 on July 31, 2016, 05:58:33 PM
Of course. And Canavan didn't have much to go on really, so its not a personal dig at him. But there's a whole middle level of teams among whom there is no pattern or logic to results. The same five or six teams will beat just about everyone until they play each other, after which Dublin will come out on top. Trying to rank the rest, beyond the really poor few, is futile, and I think even Canavan would admit he was probably unsure about putting Galway top four, even with being on the non-Dublin side of the draw.
That's it exactly, there's 5-6 teams at the top (some permanently) and 5-6 at the bottom (ditto), and the rest in between. The top 5-6 if they perform right should beat anyone below that and the latter will struggle to beat anyone above that layer, and the other teams can move up and down with the middle group when they get things right (Tipp, Clare, Fermanagh, Westmeath, Roscommon, Kildare, Armagh, Laois all fine examples of that).

giveballaghback

Jaysus Mclf you have a hard on for the Rossies, must invite you down to meet the fockers.

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Farrandeelin

Quote from: giveballaghback on August 02, 2016, 09:40:46 PM
Jaysus Mclf you have a hard on for the Rossies, must invite you down to meet the fockers.
Not really no. He's just after poor Syf the whole time. It is good fun for the rest of us I must say.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

muppet

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on July 30, 2016, 04:53:22 PM

Delusional Mayo, love it! :D :)

I like Canavan's analysis on Sky, but I wouldn't back his predictions.  :D
MWWSI 2017

yellowcard

Won't be getting a job as a tipster anytime soon anyway.