Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, July 20, 2016, 08:57:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oakleafgael

Quote from: blast05 on August 09, 2016, 10:55:07 AM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on August 09, 2016, 10:20:16 AM
Quote from: iorras on August 09, 2016, 09:44:48 AM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on August 09, 2016, 09:24:23 AM
Quote from: WT4E on August 08, 2016, 10:05:24 PM
I was listening to newstalk off the ball this evening - they where really pushing the Tyrone and the dark arts theme again - was it that bad? Thought it was a strange angle on an intriguing game.
Its just the standard now at this stage.
Tyrone certainly did get in the face of Aidan o'se, and if they want to criticise that, i have no problem with that, but i dont know how you can single Tyrone out for the 'dark arts' when Lee Keegan spent the whole game trying to get Cavanagh the line.
Personally i dont like it, from either Tyrone or anyone else, but there are alot of pundits out there who need to either accept it as part of the game, or else or call all teams and players out for it, not just Tyrone & Donegal.
Bullshit. I was at the match. Coming out for the second half, Cavanagh shouldered into the back of Keegan as he had his back turned. Keegan reacted and grabbed his shirt, Cavanagh pulled him down on top of him and Keegan kept a hold on him. The opposite was what was going on, Cavanagh wanted Keegan sent off as he had him tucked in his back pocket and it was the only card, excuse the pun, Cavanagh had left to play. Gough gave him a chance from another tackle before he finally got his second yellow. The second yellow was probably unlucky as I think he was trying to hit the ball, but you put yourself in that situation, that's what happens.
"keegan" instigated it, is the same tired owl shite that the Dubs come out with every time Diarmuid Connolly loses the head with how annoying Keegan can be as a man marker who just wont go away. Some of these boys can give it, but they just cant take it.
There was an incident before that in the first half where keegan was grappling with cavanagh and actually had him by the leg and had it lifted up waist height. This happen right in front of the linesman, but again the referee went ove rand warned both players, instead of dealing with keegan.
Like i said, I dont deny Tyrone were at the same sort of stuff with O'se, but lets not try and pretend it doesnt go on with all teams, and especially in this game from keegan.
ull keegan down on top of him' Keegan had cavangh pFrom what i seen of the one at HT cavanagh didnt pinned to the floor by the neck.

Correct, there was an incident before half time where Keegan had his leg in front of linesman. But are you trying to say he just randomly caught a hold of Cavanaghs leg? No he bloody well didn't. Again it was Cavanagh who couldn't handle the fact that Keegan was never more then an inch away and tried to side him out of the way but Keegan was having none of it.

Same after ht .... as others have highlighted, Cavanagh shouldered Keegan in the back - unprovoked.

So could someone actually pick out something illegal that Keegan instigated .... Or else just tell precious Sean and Saint Mickey to shut up and take their medicine

Lads don't be making stuff up to suit your narrative. In the first half Keegan went at Cavanagh out on the sideline no more than 10 yards from the linesman. He was spoken too and was very lucky to avoid a booking for it.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: blast05 on August 09, 2016, 10:55:07 AM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on August 09, 2016, 10:20:16 AM
Quote from: iorras on August 09, 2016, 09:44:48 AM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on August 09, 2016, 09:24:23 AM
Quote from: WT4E on August 08, 2016, 10:05:24 PM
I was listening to newstalk off the ball this evening - they where really pushing the Tyrone and the dark arts theme again - was it that bad? Thought it was a strange angle on an intriguing game.
Its just the standard now at this stage.
Tyrone certainly did get in the face of Aidan o'se, and if they want to criticise that, i have no problem with that, but i dont know how you can single Tyrone out for the 'dark arts' when Lee Keegan spent the whole game trying to get Cavanagh the line.
Personally i dont like it, from either Tyrone or anyone else, but there are alot of pundits out there who need to either accept it as part of the game, or else or call all teams and players out for it, not just Tyrone & Donegal.
Bullshit. I was at the match. Coming out for the second half, Cavanagh shouldered into the back of Keegan as he had his back turned. Keegan reacted and grabbed his shirt, Cavanagh pulled him down on top of him and Keegan kept a hold on him. The opposite was what was going on, Cavanagh wanted Keegan sent off as he had him tucked in his back pocket and it was the only card, excuse the pun, Cavanagh had left to play. Gough gave him a chance from another tackle before he finally got his second yellow. The second yellow was probably unlucky as I think he was trying to hit the ball, but you put yourself in that situation, that's what happens.
"keegan" instigated it, is the same tired owl shite that the Dubs come out with every time Diarmuid Connolly loses the head with how annoying Keegan can be as a man marker who just wont go away. Some of these boys can give it, but they just cant take it.
There was an incident before that in the first half where keegan was grappling with cavanagh and actually had him by the leg and had it lifted up waist height. This happen right in front of the linesman, but again the referee went ove rand warned both players, instead of dealing with keegan.
Like i said, I dont deny Tyrone were at the same sort of stuff with O'se, but lets not try and pretend it doesnt go on with all teams, and especially in this game from keegan.
ull keegan down on top of him' Keegan had cavangh pFrom what i seen of the one at HT cavanagh didnt pinned to the floor by the neck.

Correct, there was an incident before half time where Keegan had his leg in front of linesman. But are you trying to say he just randomly caught a hold of Cavanaghs leg? No he bloody well didn't. Again it was Cavanagh who couldn't handle the fact that Keegan was never more then an inch away and tried to side him out of the way but Keegan was having none of it.

Same after ht .... as others have highlighted, Cavanagh shouldered Keegan in the back - unprovoked.

So could someone actually pick out something illegal that Keegan instigated .... Or else just tell precious Sean and Saint Mickey to shut up and take their medicine

Well that's a lie. Bit rich to lecture about not making things up when that is what you're doing.

blewuporstuffed

Go back and read his post again Bomber.

You've lost the run of yourself
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

criostlinn

I always had great time for Sean Kavanagh as a footballer despite all his sneaky antics over the years. He has the all stars and All Ireland's to back it up but the facts of the matter are Lee Keegan absolutely cleaned him out the last day.

Whether Keegan could have done this during Kavanaghs hay day I seriously doubt but unfortunately for Sean his best days are well behind him.

The whinging from him in the Irish Independent article is a bit embarrassing. In fairness to Mickey when he made his comments it was straight after the game and he probably didn't have time to compose himself but Kavanagh has had a couple of days to settle and he come's out with this shite.

I get the impression that after watching Mayo v Westmeath, Sean reckoned he was going to have a field day against Mayo as he dragged Kevin Keane around the field picking up handing frees as he hit the deck with the slightest touch but unfortunately for him the wrong Westport man picked him up. That's when plan B came into operation. Advice at half time seems to have been take a yellow with Keegan and he'll have to watch hi,self. Not a bad plan lads and has worked wonders for Sean in the past but unfortunately he was dealing with a different animal on Saturday and the plan totally backfired when Kavanagh couldn't resist the temptation of taking O'Shea out of it.

If anyone should feel hard done by here its Keegan. He gets on with the job in hand playing to the limit without mouthing or slobbering but has now finding himself a target of opposing teams as a result of whinging managers and lazy journalists.

What was Keegan meant to do on Saturday. Stand back and admire this once great player in the twilight of his career or mark him like every other defender is expected to do.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: criostlinn on August 09, 2016, 11:44:17 AM
I always had great time for Sean Kavanagh as a footballer despite all his sneaky antics over the years. He has the all stars and All Ireland's to back it up but the facts of the matter are Lee Keegan absolutely cleaned him out the last day.

Whether Keegan could have done this during Kavanaghs hay day I seriously doubt but unfortunately for Sean his best days are well behind him.

The whinging from him in the Irish Independent article is a bit embarrassing. In fairness to Mickey when he made his comments it was straight after the game and he probably didn't have time to compose himself but Kavanagh has had a couple of days to settle and he come's out with this shite.

I get the impression that after watching Mayo v Westmeath, Sean reckoned he was going to have a field day against Mayo as he dragged Kevin Keane around the field picking up handing frees as he hit the deck with the slightest touch but unfortunately for him the wrong Westport man picked him up. That's when plan B came into operation. Advice at half time seems to have been take a yellow with Keegan and he'll have to watch hi,self. Not a bad plan lads and has worked wonders for Sean in the past but unfortunately he was dealing with a different animal on Saturday and the plan totally backfired when Kavanagh couldn't resist the temptation of taking O'Shea out of it.

If anyone should feel hard done by here its Keegan. He gets on with the job in hand playing to the limit without mouthing or slobbering but has now finding himself a target of opposing teams as a result of whinging managers and lazy journalists.

What was Keegan meant to do on Saturday. Stand back and admire this once great player in the twilight of his career or mark him like every other defender is expected to do.

Give me strength  ::)

Keegan had a fantastic game on saturday, and fair play to him for it.
Many before him have tried and failed to curtail Cavanagh.
But lets not pretend that he didnt play the game right on the edge and maybe over it (as he tends to do)
That I have no problem with, It just galls me when tyrone players are then called out for the exact same thing.( see justy mcmahons performance v Michael Murphy last year)
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Il Bomber Destro

Last year he checked Connolly's run off the ball three or four times, he then dragged him to the ground in a headlock and got Connolly to react and get sent off. He picked up a second yellow against Galway last year when he was up to his old tricks with Damien Comer and he was at them with Cavanagh on Saturday. He is skilled and well versed in the dark arts but you seem to have the blinkers on in admitting this.

I think Cavanagh should just take it on the chin and get on with it but I'm sure had it been O'Shea who was sent off your viewpoint would have been a lot different.

criostlinn

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on August 09, 2016, 11:49:37 AM

But lets not pretend that he didnt play the game right on the edge and maybe over it (as he tends to do)
That I have no problem with, It just galls me when tyrone players are then called out for the exact same thing.( see justy mcmahons performance v Michael Murphy last year)

Well then it seems you fully agree with me so.
Only difference is McMahon was called out by the lazy journalist and a bunch of an anonymous internet warriors whereas as Keegan has been called out by the manager of the opposing team and the player he marked out of it.
Just out of interest, what is this dastardly deed Keegan is meant to have done to Kavanagh that has himself and Mickey up in arms

Jinxy

Sean Cavanagh is the type of lad to cry at his own birthday party in primary school because his Mam told him he had to let one of the other kids win the treasure hunt.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: criostlinn on August 09, 2016, 11:59:25 AM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on August 09, 2016, 11:49:37 AM

Well then it seems you fully agree with me so.
Only difference is McMahon was called out by the lazy journalist and a bunch of an anonymous internet warriors whereas as Keegan has been called out by the manager of the opposing team and the player he marked out of it.
Just out of interest, what is this dastardly deed Keegan is meant to have done to Kavanagh that has himself and Mickey up in arms

Whereas last year one of your managers was pre-empting Aidan O'Shea being targetted in the press before a match even began.

sinabhuil

Lad sour grapes. All beaten teams engage in it including ourselves when Kerry beat us in Limerick. A bit embarrassing really! Cop on lads. All teams sledge. All teams provoke. Just stop complaining about it when it happens against you. Expected more of Tyrone manager and Sean C. Tyrone fans I met after the game agreed that Mayo were the best team and wished us well. Mickey H and Sean C are just trying to promote a siege mentality - tactics really.

blewuporstuffed

I have already said i would have preferred Harte and Cavanagh to say very little on the matter, it doesnt come across well at this stage.
Harte should have said that he felt the red card was very soft and he is disappointed with referee for the yellow card at half time and left it at that.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: sinabhuil on August 09, 2016, 12:02:15 PM
Lad sour grapes. All beaten teams engage in it including ourselves when Kerry beat us in Limerick. A bit embarrassing really! Cop on lads. All teams sledge. All teams provoke. Just stop complaining about it when it happens against you. Expected more of Tyrone manager and Sean C. Tyrone fans I met after the game agreed that Mayo were the best team and wished us well. Mickey H and Sean C are just trying to promote a siege mentality - tactics really.

My only issue is with how the incident is relayed differently depending on the parties involved.

criostlinn

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on August 09, 2016, 12:11:31 PM
Quote from: sinabhuil on August 09, 2016, 12:02:15 PM

My only issue is with how the incident is relayed differently depending on the parties involved.

I agree with you here. Just have a look back at your posts after the Keegan - Connolly incident last year and how your interpretation of the incident has changed when it comes to blackening the name of Keegan today.

Fuzzman

I think Sean gets very emotional at times when things go wrong and because he's such an open lad and speaks his mind he can come out with things that make him or the team look bad.
Over the years he's taken some serious abuse like the Cavan player back in 2003 but whether we like it or not it's part of the game to target certain players for "special treatment" and the rules are there to stop it but often the refs don't or end up booking both players.
Dublin were doing lots of stuff to Donegal on Saturday to stop players making runs etc as was Michael Murphy as well so this behaviour is rife and so it's NOT just black arts tactics with Tyrone and Donegal that some believe.

It's interesting that the chairman for the football review committee who has been pushing for the black card and removal of cynical play can come out and say stop whinging and get on with it. It's one thing admitting it goes on but for someone in his position to almost condemn it is ridiculous. He should be saying yes it goes on and maybe we need to look at how do we fairly punish the instigator in these incidents and not simply booking or sending off both players.

https://twitter.com/alanbrogan13/status/762554315282186240

In my own opinion I agree with blewuporstuffed, that Keegan did target Cavanagh on Sat and did a great job keeping him out of the game. Of course he bent the rules as much as he could get away with and he managed to stay on the pitch and kick two good scores near the end.

Sean needs to learn that it's better sometimes to say nothing as Tyrone often use the same tactics to mark a good player out of the game but I suppose Sean is hurting as he maybe saw this as his last year and a great chance to make it to an AI final with him being captain. You could see how emotional he was when walking off. He knew that the last 10 min of a game are vital and that he was annoyed with himself that Keegan had got the better of him and now rather than leading Tyrone to a final like Dooher and Canavan had done, he was suddenly a big reason why they had lost. I feel bad for him as he has been a huge servant to Tyrone and I'd say he really doesn't want to end his career sitting at the side of Croke Park crying that he was sent off. I think it will motivate him to give it one more year.

Rossfan

Oisìn McConville enjoying Tyrone's crying in yesterday's Examiner
His response was " Well boo - hoo"
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM