Tír Eoghain vs Maigh Eo AIQF 6/8/2016

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, July 20, 2016, 08:57:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iorras

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on August 09, 2016, 09:24:23 AM
Quote from: WT4E on August 08, 2016, 10:05:24 PM
I was listening to newstalk off the ball this evening - they where really pushing the Tyrone and the dark arts theme again - was it that bad? Thought it was a strange angle on an intriguing game.
Its just the standard now at this stage.
Tyrone certainly did get in the face of Aidan o'se, and if they want to criticise that, i have no problem with that, but i dont know how you can single Tyrone out for the 'dark arts' when Lee Keegan spent the whole game trying to get Cavanagh the line.
Personally i dont like it, from either Tyrone or anyone else, but there are alot of pundits out there who need to either accept it as part of the game, or else or call all teams and players out for it, not just Tyrone & Donegal.
Bullshit. I was at the match. Coming out for the second half, Cavanagh shouldered into the back of Keegan as he had his back turned. Keegan reacted and grabbed his shirt, Cavanagh pulled him down on top of him and Keegan kept a hold on him. The opposite was what was going on, Cavanagh wanted Keegan sent off as he had him tucked in his back pocket and it was the only card, excuse the pun, Cavanagh had left to play. Gough gave him a chance from another tackle before he finally got his second yellow. The second yellow was probably unlucky as I think he was trying to hit the ball, but you put yourself in that situation, that's what happens.
"keegan" instigated it, is the same tired owl shite that the Dubs come out with every time Diarmuid Connolly loses the head with how annoying Keegan can be as a man marker who just wont go away. Some of these boys can give it, but they just cant take it.

GrandMasterFlash

http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/its-just-a-horrible-horrible-feeling-sean-cavanagh-demands-protection-from-officials-34949971.html

The cheek of this lad. There was a similar article in the back of the Irish News yesterday and I have to admit, I was 'numb' after reading it.. Harte was saying that (Saint) Sean would never go after cards; he f*%kin pioneered a card with his antics..

Sorry Sean, I couldn't give a f&%k to be honest..

Jinxy

Just read Seán's comments there.
There isn't a violin tiny enough in the world...
If you were any use you'd be playing.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: iorras on August 09, 2016, 09:44:48 AM
I was listening to newstalk off the ball this evening - they where really pushing the Tyrone and the dark arts theme again - was it that bad? Thought it was a strange angle on an intriguing game.
Tyrone certainly did get in the face of Aidan o'se, and if they want to criticise that, i have no problem with that, but i dont know how you can single Tyrone out for the 'dark arts' when Lee Keegan spent the whole game trying to get Cavanagh the line.
Personally i dont like it, from either Tyrone or anyone else, but there are alot of pundits out there who need to either accept it as part of the game, or else or call all teams and players out for it, not just Tyrone & Donegal.
Bullshit. I was at the match. Coming out for the second half, Cavanagh shouldered into the back of Keegan as he had his back turned. Keegan reacted and grabbed his shirt, Cavanagh pulled him down on top of him and Keegan kept a hold on him. The opposite was what was going on, Cavanagh wanted Keegan sent off as he had him tucked in his back pocket and it was the only card, excuse the pun, Cavanagh had left to play. Gough gave him a chance from another tackle before he finally got his second yellow. The second yellow was probably unlucky as I think he was trying to hit the ball, but you put yourself in that situation, that's what happens.
"keegan" instigated it, is the same tired owl shite that the Dubs come out with every time Diarmuid Connolly loses the head with how annoying Keegan can be as a man marker who just wont go away. Some of these boys can give it, but they just cant take it.
There was an incident before that in the first half where keegan was grappling with cavanagh and actually had him by the leg and had it lifted up waist height. This happen right in front of the linesman, but again the referee went ove rand warned both players, instead of dealing with keegan.
Like i said, I dont deny Tyrone were at the same sort of stuff with O'se, but lets not try and pretend it doesnt go on with all teams, and especially in this game from keegan.
ull keegan down on top of him' Keegan had cavangh pFrom what i seen of the one at HT cavanagh didnt pinned to the floor by the neck.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

ZeitChrist

Spare me the "poor Sean Cavanagh" routine. He's been dishing it out for years and now he can't take it. He was giving as good as he got to Keegan so it's a bit rich to claim the was victimized in some way. You got roasted Sean. Take your medicine.

Jinxy

Donegal and Tyrone fans who take the position that 'everyone is at it' fail to realise that THEY are the common denominator.
Other teams are at it when they play YOU because they know the level of jig-acting they're going to face.
We will see little or nothing of this sort of behaviour in the semi-finals.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: From the Bunker on August 08, 2016, 09:37:17 PM
Quote from: Blowitupref on August 08, 2016, 07:56:45 PM
Quote from: Fuzzman on August 08, 2016, 02:20:47 PM
Did neutrals think it was a good game or just more boring cat and mouse stuff?
It was a interesting game because it was close and no one knew who would win until the final whistle but the game itself was not a good one and won't live in the memory for many neutrals. The basic skill levels between two was surprising low,too much niggle was going on off the ball and not enough football broke out. The importance of having a good long range place kicker was highlighted in this game. Tyrone will be left with a summer of what ifs with only scoring 12 points from 33 scoring chances. The relief on the Mayo players faces at the end told its own tale.

Since the last Tyrone v Mayo championship meeting in 2013 i think Tyrone have remained the same level while Mayo have fallen back however they should reach another All Ireland final like they did in 2013.

I think Tyrone are a lot better and I think Mayo are better than 2013.  Cillian was playing with one hand in 2013. We did not have Parsons! Andy was in recovery from his Cruciate ligament. We did not have DOC.  With Parsons releasing O' Shea. We are stronger up front than in 2013!

As a team Mayo are way off where they were in 2013, very surprised you think otherwise. The 2013 team would have that game by 4/5 points.

AZOffaly

This equating of punching versus the in your face bullshit misses a fairly important point. If you punch someone, you are going to get the line 9 times out of 10. If you act the bollox and insult every seed and breed of your opponent, and roar and shout in his face, you will likely get no sanction and in fact if the lad reacts as most people would, he'll be the one who gets in trouble.

That, more than anything, is why I hate it. I don't know how Aidan O'Shea, in particular, didn't absolutely poleaxe that full back.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Jinxy on August 09, 2016, 10:27:21 AM
Donegal and Tyrone fans who take the position that 'everyone is at it' fail to realise that THEY are the common denominator.
Other teams are at it when they play YOU because they know the level of jig-acting they're going to face.
;D ;D ;D ;D

such nonsense
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

iorras

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 09, 2016, 10:30:08 AM
This equating of punching versus the in your face bullshit misses a fairly important point. If you punch someone, you are going to get the line 9 times out of 10. If you act the bollox and insult every seed and breed of your opponent, and roar and shout in his face, you will likely get no sanction and in fact if the lad reacts as most people would, he'll be the one who gets in trouble.

That, more than anything, is why I hate it. I don't know how Aidan O'Shea, in particular, didn't absolutely poleaxe that full back.
Because he would have been sent off and banned. Then we'd have all the experts telling him how he needs to learn to live with it, and to be a top player he has to get over it.
In the ironic, hypocritical world of GAA officiating, Cavanaghs and Hartes antics in the press since will pretty much guarantee lee Keegan some treatment from the officials over the next game, or two, if they get that far.

blast05

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on August 09, 2016, 10:20:16 AM
There was an incident before that in the first half where keegan was grappling with cavanagh and actually had him by the leg and had it lifted up waist height. This happen right in front of the linesman, but again the referee went ove rand warned both players, instead of dealing with keegan.
Like i said, I dont deny Tyrone were at the same sort of stuff with O'se, but lets not try and pretend it doesnt go on with all teams, and especially in this game from keegan.
ull keegan down on top of him' Keegan had cavangh pFrom what i seen of the one at HT cavanagh didnt pinned to the floor by the neck.

Correct, there was an incident before half time where Keegan had his leg in front of linesman. But are you trying to say he just randomly caught a hold of Cavanaghs leg? No he bloody well didn't. Again it was Cavanagh who couldn't handle the fact that Keegan was never more then an inch away and tried to side him out of the way but Keegan was having none of it.

Same after ht .... as others have highlighted, Cavanagh shouldered Keegan in the back - unprovoked.

So could someone actually pick out something illegal that Keegan instigated .... Or else just tell precious Sean and Saint Mickey to shut up and take their medicine

Il Bomber Destro

The most posionous game last year was Dublin and Mayo. Free staters have a hypocrisy complex, all you have to do is look at how they view the 1916 rising in comparison to the troubles. They never want a fair fight, they are like Commodus in Gladiator, they want to fight a wounded opponent with all the advantages tipped in their favour and the biased media coverage they show against Ulster teams is as evident as the day is long.

Lee Keegan has been a common denominator in flash points in the past two years with Damien Comer, Diarmuid Connolly and Sean Cavanagh.

Rossfan

Indeed it is time St Seànie and St Micky shut up when the karma catches up on them.
St Micky be better off addressing why his team kicked so many silly wides.

That Bomber buck had gone very quiet I notice :)

P s I see he's back at "Free Stater" nonsense now.
A thick bad loser. >:(
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

iorras

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on August 09, 2016, 10:58:35 AM

The most posionous game last year was Dublin and Mayo. Free staters have a hypocrisy complex, all you have to do is look at how they view the 1916 rising in comparison to the troubles. They never want a fair fight, they are like Commodus in Gladiator, they want to fight a wounded opponent with all the advantages tipped in their favour and the biased media coverage they show against Ulster teams is as evident as the day is long.

Lee Keegan has been a common denominator in flash points in the past two years with Damien Comer, Diarmuid Connolly and Sean Cavanagh.
He has been because hes an annoying, athletic, tight man marker who wont go away and would annoy the f**k outta ya. Connolly and Cavanagh have a list of incidents as long as yer arm without Lee Keegan even being on the same pitch, and they don't like it when he just doesn't f**k off and leave them at it

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: blast05 on August 09, 2016, 10:55:07 AM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on August 09, 2016, 10:20:16 AM

Correct, there was an incident before half time where Keegan had his leg in front of linesman. But are you trying to say he just randomly caught a hold of Cavanaghs leg? No he bloody well didn't. Again it was Cavanagh who couldn't handle the fact that Keegan was never more then an inch away and tried to side him out of the way but Keegan was having none of it.

Same after ht .... as others have highlighted, Cavanagh shouldered Keegan in the back - unprovoked.

So could someone actually pick out something illegal that Keegan instigated .... Or else just tell precious Sean and Saint Mickey to shut up and take their medicine

Sorry this makes no sense to me.
so who did grab his leg then?
I would much prefer harte and cavanagh said nothing and ' took thier medicine' as you put it.
But my point is, Tyrone are again getting criticised for off the ball stuff, that Mayo where just as guilty of.
O'shea got plenty of abuse, but he also came in late with a few sly digs and got involved in several things off the  ball. (im thinking of incidents with Sludden, mcshane & mcnabb) Keegan likewise with cavanagh.
All i am saying is, either accept that this is now part of the game, or criticise all who take part in it.