Mayo v Kildare, Round 3B Football Qualifier July 16, 2016

Started by From the Bunker, July 10, 2016, 01:14:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jinxy

Quote from: Chimley on July 13, 2016, 11:28:23 AM
This could be a fascinating clash. It's definitely two teams with Jekyll and Hyde characteristics. Neither set of fans will be approaching this with any degree of confidence.

Will the Mayo who beat Donegal last year and won 5 Connachts in a row show up for the first time under Rochford.
Which Kildare will show up? The Cork or Kerry version from 2015?

It's a good chance for the winner to make something out of the year.

I think you underestimate both sets of fans.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

seafoid

Quote from: Jinxy on July 13, 2016, 03:38:29 PM
This could be a fascinating clash. It's definitely two teams with Jekyll and Hyde characteristics. Neither set of fans will be approaching this with any degree of confidence.

Will the Mayo who beat Donegal last year and won 5 Connachts in a row show up for the first time under Rochford.
Which Kildare will show up? The Cork or Kerry version from 2015?

It's a good chance for the winner to make something out of the year.

I think you underestimate both sets of fans.
Mayo fans

Kildare fans

Syferus

Cunny Funt

It will be mostly Kildare supporters approaching this game with little or no confidence. Kildare played their league football in division 3 this year losing to Clare and Sligo. In the championship Kildare struggled against Wexford a division 4 team and lost to Westmeath who were relegated to division 4 and last Sunday conceded a big score against division 3 Offaly.

Lets be honest here Mayo division one playing at home and still considered All Ireland contenders not winning this game comfortably will be a major shock.

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

Quote from: Cunny Funt on July 13, 2016, 04:45:04 PM
It will be mostly Kildare supporters approaching this game with little or no confidence. Kildare played their league football in division 3 this year losing to Clare and Sligo. In the championship Kildare struggled against Wexford a division 4 team and lost to Westmeath who were relegated to division 4 and last Sunday conceded a big score against division 3 Offaly.

Lets be honest here Mayo division one playing at home and still considered All Ireland contenders not winning this game comfortably will be a major shock.

Pretty much it, only hope really is that Kildare display some guts and courage and give them a good game. If they avoid conceding 7 goals it will be progress from last year.
Unfortunately Kildare wouldn't have a full back capable of dealing with AO'S so there is the possibility of him doing serious harm. Hopefully Barry Moran doesn't start either as he would comfortably dominate midfield.
On the other hand Niall Kelly and Neil Flynn can score heavily if service is provided to them but playing like they did against Westmeath would leave them starved.

Farrandeelin

I'm still scarred from the 1st half continuation of the Galway game the last day against Fermanagh. I hope whatever happened at halftime the last day still has an effect on the performance on Saturday.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

moysider

Quote from: Farrandeelin on July 13, 2016, 08:45:34 PM
I'm still scarred from the 1st half continuation of the Galway game the last day against Fermanagh. I hope whatever happened at halftime the last day still has an effect on the performance on Saturday.

What happened at half time is we got the wind Farr. Not much else happened.

larryin89

KIldare are now 7/1 with ourselves being pushed out from 1/6 to 1/10 from opening odds to date . Handicap  has gone from -5 to -7 also.

I believe we are going to put in a very good show and the handicap will be well covered.

Twin towers tactic needs to be given a run for this one. I dont think kildare would cope.horses for courses.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

From the Bunker

Have to say all these home games in McHale Park makes me realise how comfy those Dublin fans have things. No worries about travel. Breakfast at home. Dinner at home. Tea at home. No rushing for the train to Maynooth. Going to the game isn't even a decision! A lot of Money, time and stress saved.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: From the Bunker on July 13, 2016, 11:43:09 PM
Have to say all these home games in McHale Park makes me realise how comfy those Dublin fans have things. No worries about travel. Breakfast at home. Dinner at home. Tea at home. No rushing for the train to Maynooth. Going to the game isn't even a decision! A lot of Money, time and stress saved.
The Dubs don't have cows to milk. I probably won't be there this Sat.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Farrandeelin on July 13, 2016, 11:47:08 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on July 13, 2016, 11:43:09 PM
The Dubs don't have cows to milk. I probably won't be there this Sat.

Milk them when you get home, sure it's only over the road! And sure you're off work for the summer!

seafoid

The core of the team is the 2006 u21

2006 - K O'Malley; T Howley, G Cafferkey, K Higgins; C Barrett, T Cunniffe, C Boyle; S O'Shea, B Moran; A Campbell, J Dillon, A Kilcoyne; M Ronaldson, M Hannick, M Conroy. Subs - S Ryder, K Costello, E Varley.

what happened to Ronaldinho?

From the Bunker

Quote from: seafoid on July 14, 2016, 01:45:18 AM

2006 - K O'Malley; T Howley, G Cafferkey, K Higgins; C Barrett, T Cunniffe, C Boyle; S O'Shea, B Moran; A Campbell, J Dillon, A Kilcoyne; M Ronaldson, M Hannick, M Conroy. Subs - S Ryder, K Costello, E Varley.

Used to be - only 3 to 4 will start Saturday.

seafoid

Quote from: From the Bunker on July 14, 2016, 07:09:14 AM
Quote from: seafoid on July 14, 2016, 01:45:18 AM

Used to be - only 3 to 4 will start Saturday.
How many are injured and how many are past it?

larryin89

From that team,  Caff (19) , Higgans, boyler, Barrett(19), SOS (19) and barry moran all still very much part of senior panel. Nobody can question their dedication to the cause . Lets see how this pans out , if you were an outsider lookin in, trying to figure out this years championship . Youd be confused about Mayo, people are writing them off but wont stop writing about them. Its a biteen strange . Sure if we're finished shut up about us and get on with the championship.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .