Mayo v Kildare, Round 3B Football Qualifier July 16, 2016

Started by From the Bunker, July 10, 2016, 01:14:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jinxy

Where is Kilcoyne nowadays?
He was very good, if I'm thinking of the right lad.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Crete Boom

Quote from: Jinxy on July 14, 2016, 03:24:23 PM
Where is Kilcoyne nowadays?
He was very good, if I'm thinking of the right lad.

Had three or four horrific injuries in a row which lead to him being 50% fit from 2010 on when he did play. In 2013 or 14 he had a freak knee injury in the warm up before a Mayo club semi and he is only just back playing a bit in goal for Knockmore trying to get back to a standard of fitness so he can play outfield!!!

From the Bunker

Quote from: seafoid on July 13, 2016, 03:14:05 PM
Quote from: Crete Boom on July 13, 2016, 02:43:09 PM
Quote from: seafoid on July 13, 2016, 01:00:40 PM
I remember 2001 and being stunned after the Ros match. It felt like the year was lost. Every qualifier match was potentially the last. There was no certainty. Some of the matches were very close. But they won each one. And meath destroyed Kerry in the other semifinal. So it was underdog status in the final. But the rest is history.

That team had the memory of wining Sam in 98 along with the medals to prove it though!
Mayo have the memory of going so close

2013 in Salthill is a beautiful memory!  ;)

seafoid

Mayo are close enough to the qfs and business as usual.
If Jennifer Aniston can get pregnant surely Mayo can land Sam.

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

From the Bunker

Quote from: seafoid on July 14, 2016, 05:53:42 PM
Mayo are close enough to the qfs and business as usual.
If Jennifer Aniston can get pregnant surely Mayo can land Sam.

Seafoid give up them funny pills!

Dinny Breen

Seafoid has 4 obsessions in life Mayo, Kildare, Meath and Jennifer Aniston.
#newbridgeornowhere

seafoid

Quote from: Jinxy on July 14, 2016, 06:43:22 PM
That's the weirdest thing you've ever said.

I dunno Jinxy. I am not even interested in her but there was a picture of her in the hairdressers and her pregnant. You would know her from womens magazines even if you didn't ever read them just like any women would be aware of the Mayo journey. And she was going out with Brad Pitt at some stage when Meath were a football team which is a VERY long time ago. But that other one took him. She is like Mayo in many ways. That tragic aspect plus the need for affection and all the questions . And now she is up the pole. Born 1969 so would be near the end of the body clock, not unlike the 2006 under 21s.  Nobody would have believed it after she lost to the Dubs in a replay last year or whatever it was. But the unthinkable has happened.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EdmHSTwmWY

Donnellys Hollow

There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Lar Naparka

Quote from: seafoid on July 14, 2016, 07:59:41 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on July 14, 2016, 06:43:22 PM
That's the weirdest thing you've ever said.

I dunno Jinxy. I am not even interested in her but there was a picture of her in the hairdressers and her pregnant. You would know her from womens magazines even if you didn't ever read them just like any women would be aware of the Mayo journey. And she was going out with Brad Pitt at some stage when Meath were a football team which is a VERY long time ago. But that other one took him. She is like Mayo in many ways. That tragic aspect plus the need for affection and all the questions . And now she is up the pole. Born 1969 so would be near the end of the body clock, not unlike the 2006 under 21s.  Nobody would have believed it after she lost to the Dubs in a replay last year or whatever it was. But the unthinkable has happened.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EdmHSTwmWY

You are not (yet) another alias for Syferus by any chance, are you?
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

seafoid

In Castlebar, a small but steadfast crowd was waiting in the heavy rain outside the Welcome Inn. Nothing official had been arranged, but these Mayo people stood vigil all the same. Their gesture choked Brady up in a way he hadn't felt in years. In the function room, he was overcome. That was when it hit him. Thirteen years of playing county football and this was how it ended. He had to lower his head, had to raise his hand to warn his friends away.
"The warmth of those people was incredible. It kind of dawned on me then. The whole thing hit me and in my heart and soul, I shed a tear or two inside. That is what I had been doing this thing for - the 13 years of breaking arms, legs, nose, jaws, the hundreds of training sessions, the whole lot - that is why. These were strangers standing in the pissing rain to greet a team that had been destroyed in the biggest football match of the year. I won't ever forget that."

Jack O'Connor came in and spoke with direct compassion about what had just happened on the field. He explained that the one, single year Kerry had been waiting since their All-Ireland final loss to Tyrone had been more cutting and salty than the half-century of constant keening that accompanied Mayo teams. He explained Kerry's need had been greater

Surely it is time to put a shtop to it .  The Galway result adds another twist to it

moysider

But Jennifer Aniston is not pregnant!!

And f**k Jack O Connor and shite talk after winning an AI. Easy to walk into a loser's space and patronise them about need and hurt. Bollocks. Kerry were much the better team, end of.
If anything, its a sense of entitlement/superiority that nourishes them not cut and salt.

Dinny Breen

#newbridgeornowhere

Farrandeelin

Quote from: seafoid on July 14, 2016, 08:23:15 PM
In Castlebar, a small but steadfast crowd was waiting in the heavy rain outside the Welcome Inn. Nothing official had been arranged, but these Mayo people stood vigil all the same. Their gesture choked Brady up in a way he hadn't felt in years. In the function room, he was overcome. That was when it hit him. Thirteen years of playing county football and this was how it ended. He had to lower his head, had to raise his hand to warn his friends away.
"The warmth of those people was incredible. It kind of dawned on me then. The whole thing hit me and in my heart and soul, I shed a tear or two inside. That is what I had been doing this thing for - the 13 years of breaking arms, legs, nose, jaws, the hundreds of training sessions, the whole lot - that is why. These were strangers standing in the pissing rain to greet a team that had been destroyed in the biggest football match of the year. I won't ever forget that."

Jack O'Connor came in and spoke with direct compassion about what had just happened on the field. He explained that the one, single year Kerry had been waiting since their All-Ireland final loss to Tyrone had been more cutting and salty than the half-century of constant keening that accompanied Mayo teams. He explained Kerry's need had been greater

Surely it is time to put a shtop to it .  The Galway result adds another twist to it
Away to fûck with yer bollixing shit about Galway and your faux worrying about Mayo football. If Galway do win the AI before us, you'll be a hard hoor to listen to. Go away and annoy Syferus on the Connacht final thread.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.