Mayo v Kildare, Round 3B Football Qualifier July 16, 2016

Started by From the Bunker, July 10, 2016, 01:14:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

From the Bunker

Quote from: Farrandeelin on July 14, 2016, 09:08:10 PM
Quote from: seafoid on July 14, 2016, 08:23:15 PM
In Castlebar, a small but steadfast crowd was waiting in the heavy rain outside the Welcome Inn. Nothing official had been arranged, but these Mayo people stood vigil all the same. Their gesture choked Brady up in a way he hadn't felt in years. In the function room, he was overcome. That was when it hit him. Thirteen years of playing county football and this was how it ended. He had to lower his head, had to raise his hand to warn his friends away.
"The warmth of those people was incredible. It kind of dawned on me then. The whole thing hit me and in my heart and soul, I shed a tear or two inside. That is what I had been doing this thing for - the 13 years of breaking arms, legs, nose, jaws, the hundreds of training sessions, the whole lot - that is why. These were strangers standing in the pissing rain to greet a team that had been destroyed in the biggest football match of the year. I won't ever forget that."

Jack O'Connor came in and spoke with direct compassion about what had just happened on the field. He explained that the one, single year Kerry had been waiting since their All-Ireland final loss to Tyrone had been more cutting and salty than the half-century of constant keening that accompanied Mayo teams. He explained Kerry's need had been greater

Surely it is time to put a shtop to it .  The Galway result adds another twist to it
Away to fûck with yer bollixing shit about Galway and your faux worrying about Mayo football. If Galway do win the AI before us, you'll be a hard hoor to listen to. Go away and annoy Syferus on the Connacht final thread.

Yes, go away with you plámásing sh1te! Ye have had enough bad days in the office the last 50 years. Plenty of Galway lads went to the well and got nothing for their troubles. Ye have plenty of players with Runners up AI medals and no AI from the 70's and 80's. Go research their plámás stories of so near yet so far. Your constant rhetoric is tired at this stage. 

moysider

Well it looks like our fertility Godess has gone and deserted us. Jennifer denied that she is pregnant 2 days ago and said she is fed up with likes of Seafóid over the years invading her privacy with idle speculation about her breeding condition.
Anyway if our chances of success were depending on the fecundity of a middle-aged actress we're cooked boys. It won t be happening.

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

moysider

Quote from: From the Bunker on July 14, 2016, 09:22:09 PM
In Castlebar, a small but steadfast crowd was waiting in the heavy rain outside the Welcome Inn. Nothing official had been arranged, but these Mayo people stood vigil all the same. Their gesture choked Brady up in a way he hadn't felt in years. In the function room, he was overcome. That was when it hit him. Thirteen years of playing county football and this was how it ended. He had to lower his head, had to raise his hand to warn his friends away.
"The warmth of those people was incredible. It kind of dawned on me then. The whole thing hit me and in my heart and soul, I shed a tear or two inside. That is what I had been doing this thing for - the 13 years of breaking arms, legs, nose, jaws, the hundreds of training sessions, the whole lot - that is why. These were strangers standing in the pissing rain to greet a team that had been destroyed in the biggest football match of the year. I won't ever forget that."

Jack O'Connor came in and spoke with direct compassion about what had just happened on the field. He explained that the one, single year Kerry had been waiting since their All-Ireland final loss to Tyrone had been more cutting and salty than the half-century of constant keening that accompanied Mayo teams. He explained Kerry's need had been greater

Surely it is time to put a shtop to it .  The Galway result adds another twist to it
Away to fûck with yer bollixing shit about Galway and your faux worrying about Mayo football. If Galway do win the AI before us, you'll be a hard hoor to listen to. Go away and annoy Syferus on the Connacht final thread.

Yes, go away with you plámásing sh1te! Ye have had enough bad days in the office the last 50 years. Plenty of Galway lads went to the well and got nothing for their troubles. Ye have plenty of players with Runners up AI medals and no AI from the 70's and 80's. Go research their plámás stories of so near yet so far. Your constant rhetoric is tired at this stage.

Well, seafóid translates as nonsense after all.

macdanger2

Will someone tweet Jennifer and ask if she has any team news?

seafoid

Quote from: moysider on July 14, 2016, 08:42:15 PM

But Jennifer Aniston is not pregnant!!

And f**k Jack O Connor and shite talk after winning an AI. Easy to walk into a loser's space and patronise them about need and hurt. Bollocks. Kerry were much the better team, end of.
If anything, its a sense of entitlement/superiority that nourishes them not cut and salt.
O Connor had some gall to say that

seafoid

They probably will.
Unless something happens this year.

moysider

Quote from: seafoid on July 14, 2016, 09:38:29 PM

And f**k Jack O Connor and shite talk after winning an AI. Easy to walk into a loser's space and patronise them about need and hurt. Bollocks. Kerry were much the better team, end of.
If anything, its a sense of entitlement/superiority that nourishes them not cut and salt.

I'd show him the door. In the past I bit my tongue a few times in situations like that.

highorlow

Right time to change the subject.

Any word on the team?
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

blast05

Quote from: moysider on July 14, 2016, 09:58:43 PM
Quote from: seafoid on July 14, 2016, 09:38:29 PM

I'd show him the door. In the past I bit my tongue a few times in situations like that.

Ha, indeed ... reminds of one of my all-time favourite GAA moments when i was coaching/managing a club minor team and we won the county A title. However, there was also a Premier A championship which was only open to 4 clubs in the county (the 4 biggest (town clubs), no pre-qualification and final was on before the county senior final - insane sh*t).

The losing team in our A final were also one of the 4 'anointed' that competed in the premier A (the '4' got to compete in both competitions ... we beat 3 of them in our 'A' win in QF, SF and final - comfortably).

Their manager came into our dressing room after the game and said words along the lines of ... "well done lads, yeer not a bad side, in fact a small bit better and yee'd be worth your place in the premier A" ......My (roaring) reply - "shut your f**king mouth and get out. This bunch of lads are thee best minor team in the county - period. You can shove your premier A up your hole now fcuk off" ...... out he went (as my bunch of lads were standing and inching towards him and the door - all but frothing at the mouth).

As it panned out, that was the last year of the premier A nonsense. I like to think that it was something to do with the county secretary being outside the dressing room as i went on my rant!!

moysider

Quote from: highorlow on July 14, 2016, 10:17:04 PM

Any word on the team?

It'll be tomorrow afternoon/evening before there is a team named I expect.

Doubt there will be much change in selection or approach. They're as well to start Andy and let him loose.

mayo.mick

Any word on the team?

Published last night (by mistake I'd say, got deleted again)
mayo for sam-don't ask me what year! :-)
https://michaelmaye.com/mayo-gaa-photos/
@mayo_mick

Farrandeelin

Quote from: moysider on July 14, 2016, 10:43:50 PM

Any word on the team?

It'll be tomorrow afternoon/evening before there is a team named I expect.

Doubt there will be much change in selection or approach. They're as well to start Andy and let him loose.
Who's would you drop?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

highorlow

I'd start both Morans, drop Freeman.

If we can we should try and start with 16, we got away with cheating the last day so may aswell continue.

We are bollicized anyhow, can't see us winning this and I'm always optimistic.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

Kildare's team was supposed to be named after training this evening, they must still be training as it hasn't been released yet. I wouldn't expect many changes from the Offaly game. Ollie Lyons took a big knock the last day so he should be the only injury concern. I would be a big bonus if Daniel Flynn could recover enough to make the bench. Paul Cribbin won't play again for Kildare this season due to injury and is a massive loss against a team as athletic and physical as Mayo.