Nicky Rackard Cup

Started by Saffron exile, May 01, 2007, 12:32:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

INDIANA

The Dublin Clubs would be proud of you, you bollocks!!!!  

wasn't trying to be smart. fair play to all concerned-it takes real dedication to play at that level in my view considering how little exposure they get.just commenting on what i saw. i actually witnessed the louth game as were training beside it. The reality is unfortunately that the top louth team plays in the dubli intermediate hurling league. Let's face it the  Dublin senior league isn't that strong a standard although it is gradullay improving. you'd imagine armagh will probably win out.

SimpleSimon

INDIANA, I will reply to your response at a more appropriate time, but I must add Louth are not in the NRC final! A number of top Louth teams, used to play in the Armagh league and were regularly hockeyed by Middletown, Keady and Cuchulians. As a result a few of them spent time in Armagh's Division 2. Maybe they have found their level in Dublin's Intermediate League. :P

Pull Hard Hes No Relation, I don't think Mattie will have any regrets regardless of the result as I'd say he will give it his best as will his team.
I'd say the fella's in question are happy where they are and are enjoying hurling with Down.

INDIANA

well i saw 30 mins of the roscommon game as well- and they were well beaten too. that's why i imagine armagh will be the likely winners. i take your point but it louth are so weak them getting to the semi-finals of the competition hardly gives an indication that the standard is especially strong.

MrTaylor

Any Armagh or Roscommon Gaels on this board attending Nicky Rackard Final on Saturday?

Sidelined

Anyone looking tickets (Premium Level) can win them in the Newry Democrat, which is out today. Seen it myself and its on orchardcounty site. Yeah Im def going to the game. How long does it take to get from Croker to Mullingar? Armagh Ladies play Tyrone in the All Ire Quarter final at 5.30pm in Mullingar

neilthemac

yeah. crowd of us from Ros heading up

SimpleSimon

Yeah, I'll be there  ;)
I wouldn't miss it. It should be a great occassion.

Mentalman

Quote from: Sidelined on August 07, 2007, 03:09:22 PM
How long does it take to get from Croker to Mullingar? Armagh Ladies play Tyrone in the All Ire Quarter final at 5.30pm in Mullingar

On a normal day about an hour and thirty minutes. But given you're coming from Croker on match day, hard to know. Would take at least 2 hours on a big match day to make the reverse journey, leaving early. Once you get beyond Lucan on the N4 and onto the M4 you'll be laughing but getting that far can be stressful.
"Mr Treehorn treats objects like women man."

neilthemac

1 hour 15 minutes from Phibsboro

Rossfan

Hope to be there but may have to forego the pleasure due to a family occasion.
I hope to be welcoming Nicky Sat night in Athleague though  :)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

heurebag

armagh to win, decy coulter is a leg end

Rossfan

Quote from: heurebag on August 07, 2007, 06:44:36 PM
armagh to win, decy coulter is a leg end

A Leg end?? Are you calling him a foot or an arse? ::)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

SouthArmaghBandit

I will be there all being well. Armagh are certainly putting a big effort into hurling and will move up the rankings in the coming years. WQinning on Saturday would be a good start.

Mack the finger

Absolutely heading up. Any excuse to get to croker.
Mattie Lennon has done a great job, the lads are in a great
condition and he's given the team a good shape.

MrTaylor

Not much support from the business community for Armagh in today's Armagh Observer - only two adverts supporting the team! If it was football there'd be 6 pages!