Nicky Rackard Cup

Started by Saffron exile, May 01, 2007, 12:32:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saffron exile

Who are the favourites?

I suppose Armagh (only team playing in Division 2) and Roscommon (Div 3 champions) must be the front-runners.

Four groups of three counties: A: Sligo, Armagh, Tyrone; B: Donegal, longford and Leitrim;  C: Roscommon, Fermanagh, and Monaghan; D: louth, Warwickshire and Cavan. 

Top 2 qualify for quarter-finals.

Fixtures:

-- 23.06.07 (Sat) Round 1 --

Group 3A
Sligeach v Ard Mhacha
Tír Eoghain bye

Group 3B
Liatroim v Longfort
Dún na nGall bye

Group 3C
Ros Comáin v Fear Manach
Muineachán bye

Group 3D
Warwickshire v An Lú
An Cabhán bye

-- 30.06.07 (Sat) Round 2 --

Group 3A
Ard Mhacha v Tír Eoghain
Sligeach bye

Group 3B
Longfort v Dún na nGall
Liatroim bye

Group 3C
Fear Manach v Muineachán
Ros Comáin bye

Group 3D
An Lú v An Cabhán
Warwickshire bye

-- 07.07.07 (Sat) Round 3 --

Group 3A
Tír Eoghain v Sligeach
Ard Mhacha bye

Group 3B
Dún na nGall v Liatroim
Longfort bye

Group 3C
Muineachán v Ros Comáin
Fear Manach bye

Group 3D
An Cabhán v Warwickshire
An Lú bye

-- 14.07.07 (Sat) --
Quarter-Finals

-- 21.07.07 (Sat) --
Semi-Finals

-- 12.08.07 --
Final

SimpleSimon

Any pricing on this LoneShark  ???

Lone Shark

Should have it by the end of the week. Did all my football stuff last week, just getting a look at the hurling now - busy out for the next few days though. It'll all be done though.

And I wasn't in charge last year, so the likes of that 9/4 about Derry won't happen again, I can promise you .....  ;)

Bacon

Quote from: Lone Shark on May 01, 2007, 04:42:05 PM
Should have it by the end of the week. Did all my football stuff last week, just getting a look at the hurling now - busy out for the next few days though. It'll all be done though.

And I wasn't in charge last year, so the likes of that 9/4 about Derry won't happen again, I can promise you .....  ;)
Sorted yet Lone Shark? I'd be on Armagh.
Down Championships Prediction League Winner 2009

SouthArmaghBandit

I'd like to see prices for this as well. Armagh will be very well prepared and have a good chance despite a tough draw.

Lecale2

Hurling - Nicky Rackard Cup - (Tournament winner) Saturday 23rd of June, 2007

Roscommon 4/5
Armagh 7/4
Donegal 10/1
Sligo 12/1
Louth 12/1
Longford 14/1
Tyrone 20/1
Warwickshire 33/1
Leitrim 80/1
Cavan 100/1
Fermanagh 100/1
Monaghan 100/1
Each-way bets 1/3 odds first 2 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hurling - Christy Ring Cup 2007 - (Tournament winner) Saturday 23rd of June, 2007

Down 7/4
Westmeath 9/4
Carlow 5/1
Wicklow 7/1
Kerry 12/1
Meath 12/1
Kildare 16/1
Derry 25/1
Mayo 50/1
London 500/1
Each-way bets 1/2 odds first 2 

Copyright ©2007 Ladbrokes

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

nrico2006

I've heard Tyrone only started back training this week after a month or 2 of doing nothing.  They were flying in the league this year until they got a few injuries.  Tyrone  really should be up with Armagh at this level, wasnt too long ago they beat them by 17 odd points in the championship.  The problem is getting the best hurlers from Dungannon, Carrickmore, Strabane and Coalisland to turn out and play.  The winner favourites have to be Roscommon and Armagh, with Donegal Tyrone and Louth thereabouts.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

SimpleSimon

Lone shark, can you give any indication as to what way the market is going in this one?
Is there any or much money going on each of the teams or is it impractical of me to ask that.

SimpleSimon

Anybody going to any of the games today? Post any results as they happen please

Lone Shark

Quote from: SimpleSimon on June 21, 2007, 11:48:55 PM
Lone shark, can you give any indication as to what way the market is going in this one?
Is there any or much money going on each of the teams or is it impractical of me to ask that.

You're always welcome to ask. I won't guarantee that I'll answer, but you can ask...  ;)

After the early money for Armagh, at what I now accept must have been a wrong price, the market has settled and I've seen very few bets of note. A few quid for Longford from Longford people, a bit of money for Warwickshire to turn over Louth in the group, but essentially very little. No doubt it'll take off again after the weekend's games.

SimpleSimon

Very high scoring by louth and I see roscommon won 7-27 to 1-06 against fermanagh. They both must be sharp teams this could turn out to be a cracking competition and very open. Donegal and Tyrone won't be far away either.

glens73

Quote from: SimpleSimon on June 23, 2007, 08:16:43 PM
Very high scoring by louth and I see roscommon won 7-27 to 1-06 against fermanagh. They both must be sharp teams this could turn out to be a cracking competition and very open. Donegal and Tyrone won't be far away either.

Shows the massive gap in standards between the best and worst counties in the country in hurling - Fermanagh beaten by almost 40 points by Roscommon who in turn were beaten by around 60 points in the Christy Ring Cup last year by Antrim who in turn would probably lose to Kilkenny by about 30 points if they played in a championship match.
I know hurling has more scores in it than football but the gap between top and bottom is nowhere near as bad. The gap in class between different counties in hurling is depressing for the future of the game.

Colonel Cool

Huge win for Roscommon! I know Meath are using the new rule and have a lad from Tipp leading their attack. Have any other counties selected lads from the stronger counties?
I'm not Homer Simpson. That ship has sailed. I'm "Colonel Cool"!

magpie seanie

Bad result for sligo though apparently they were missing a few key players. Hopefully they will be back for the Tyrone game.

SouthArmaghBandit

-This Saturdays fixtures.-

Group 3A
Ard Mhacha v Tír Eoghain
Armagh are going well. The run out in Ulster has done them the power of good and they will be far to strong for Tyrone. I hear the Tyrone preparation hasn't gone well and there's a wee bit of dissent in the camp. Armagh to win by 8.

Group 3B

Longfort v Dún na nGall
Donegal aren't the force they were at this level but should still have too much for Longford who beat Leitrim last week but lost the Leinster Shield final to Down Juniors. Donegal to win by 6.

Group 3C
Fear Manach v Muineachán
This one will be tighter than you might think after Fermangh got tanked by Roscommon. Monaghan to win by a pt.

Group 3D
An Lú v An Cabhán
Louth to win by 10.