Meath or Kildare first ?

Meath
13 (44.8%)
Kildare
16 (55.2%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Beffs

Quote from: Kuwabatake Sanjuro on April 04, 2016, 06:50:07 PM
We are only waiting 88 years, I don't think we will ever win another one unless something is done about financial fair play, Meath probably are the same. I can't see either team challenging in Leinster within the the next 8 years either let alone AI.

Kerry, Mayo (current group of players mainly) and possibly Tyrone or Donegal are the only counties capable of competing in the coming years and they require Dublin to play well below themselves to challenge.

Financial fair play? Ye didn't seem too worried about financial fair play, when ye were handing out massive amounts of money to Geezer & his retinue. Why don't ye try asking him for a refund?  ::)

Hound

Quote from: del_carroll on April 05, 2016, 12:14:33 PM
Quote from: Hound on April 04, 2016, 04:56:55 PM
Kildare have been doing very good work at underage level (a fair sprinkling of traitor Dubs helping them out too  ;D ), and they have some really classy players coming through. So by 2020 I've no doubt they'll be competitive with the Dubs, maybe even as soon as 2018.
We do have talent coming through, but arguable whether it's any better than what Kildare have coming through.

Fair smattering of Kildare & Meath-based players also togging out for the Dubs, which is a shambles given their player resources....the Eadestown-based Mighty Quinn spotted in the stands cheering on his young lad on Saturday...young Deegan from Ashbourne also adorned in blue.

Shouldn't be allowed, at least at underage level.
Quinn born in England, father a Dub. Not wanted by Kildare in any event.

Deegan born in Dublin, father a Dub. Not from Ashbourne. Plays with Ashbourne. Wanted by Meath, but doesn't want to play for Meath. Do you think whatever county you currently live in should decide who you play for? Bring that to Congress then and see how you get on.

Jinxy

The crisis in the Middle East has hit Kildare's finances badly.
A lot of the oil money they used to get from the Gulf States is going to ISIS now (which some would argue is the lesser of two evils).
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Beffs on April 05, 2016, 12:23:45 PM
Quote from: Kuwabatake Sanjuro on April 04, 2016, 06:50:07 PM
We are only waiting 88 years, I don't think we will ever win another one unless something is done about financial fair play, Meath probably are the same. I can't see either team challenging in Leinster within the the next 8 years either let alone AI.

Kerry, Mayo (current group of players mainly) and possibly Tyrone or Donegal are the only counties capable of competing in the coming years and they require Dublin to play well below themselves to challenge.

Financial fair play? Ye didn't seem too worried about financial fair play, when ye were handing out massive amounts of money to Geezer & his retinue. Why don't ye try asking him for a refund?  ::)

That Cork hurling manager Dublin have not to mention his predecessor from Clare must be doing it for the love of Dublin GAA. Be careful you don't fall off that horse..
#newbridgeornowhere

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Jinxy on April 05, 2016, 01:27:35 PM
A lot of the oil money they used to get from the Gulf States is going to ISIS now (which some would argue is the lesser of two evils).

It's back baby!!!

http://www.curragh.ie/about-us/curragh-redevelopment/
#newbridgeornowhere

Beffs

Quote from: Dinny Breen on April 05, 2016, 02:29:06 PM
That Cork hurling manager Dublin have not to mention his predecessor from Clare must be doing it for the love of Dublin GAA. Be careful you don't fall off that horse..

I'm not on a high horse, as I'm not the one giving out about financial fair play. If you pay your manager(s) the GNP of a medium sized African nation, you can hardly be in a position to give out about the haves and the have nots.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Beffs on April 05, 2016, 02:36:08 PM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on April 05, 2016, 02:29:06 PM

I'm not on a high horse, as I'm not the one giving out about financial fair play. If you pay your manager(s) the GNP of a medium sized African nation, you can hardly be in a position to give out about the haves and the have nots.

Why would any Dublin supporter give out about financial fair play when they are the ones being financially doped unless they have some sense of Corinthian values however we all know Dublin don't give a shit about anyone but themselves.

Dublin's millions in aid have been well documented please enlighten us, how much was McGeeney getting and much is Cunningham getting and how much did Anthony Daly fleece you for?
#newbridgeornowhere

Beffs

I'm not a Dublin supporter. I probably give my allegiances to three different counties and three different sports, on any given day. I said that in one of my first posts, when I was asked where I was from.

If you want to pull a smoke screen over Geezer raking it in, by bringing up other counties, knock yourself out. I never said other counties weren't up to it too. Are they the ones giving out about financial fair play 'tho?

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Beffs on April 05, 2016, 02:51:50 PM
I'm not a Dublin supporter. I probably give my allegiances to three different counties and three different sports, on any given day. I said that in one of my first posts, when I was asked where I was from.

If you want to pull a smoke screen over Geezer raking it in, by bringing up other counties, knock yourself out. I never said other counties weren't up to it too. Are they the ones giving out about financial fair play 'tho?

Smoke screen? All I want is facts not hearsay, Dublin's financial aid is well publicized at this stage and quite simply they wouldn't be half as successful without it.

So what was Geezer on and how does it compare to Cunningham and Daly, do you even know?. If you can't answer that why are we having this discussion.

It amuses me that people quite frankly refuse to accept the co-relation between Dublin's success and money. Take away the money and Dublin would come straight back into the pack - probably picking up 4/5 Leinster titles 1/2 All-Irelands every 10 years. 

#newbridgeornowhere

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Dinny Breen on April 05, 2016, 02:33:46 PM

It's back baby!!!

Sheikh Mohammed togged out for a challenge match down in Kildangan once. The man is Kildare to the core.

There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Dinny Breen

#newbridgeornowhere

Canalman

Both very specific cases. Ashbourne and Eadestown both right on the Dublin border if that makes any difference.

Another rota whinge to be trotted out anyway.

Jinxy

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on April 05, 2016, 06:02:35 PM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on April 05, 2016, 02:33:46 PM

It's back baby!!!

Sheikh Mohammed togged out for a challenge match down in Kildangan once. The man is Kildare to the core.

There's Sean Brady in the background.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Hill16 Blues

Quote from: Dinny Breen on April 05, 2016, 03:14:37 PM
Quote from: Beffs on April 05, 2016, 02:51:50 PM

Smoke screen? All I want is facts not hearsay, Dublin's financial aid is well publicized at this stage and quite simply they wouldn't be half as successful without it.

So what was Geezer on and how does it compare to Cunningham and Daly, do you even know?. If you can't answer that why are we having this discussion.

It amuses me that people quite frankly refuse to accept the co-relation between Dublin's success and money. Take away the money and Dublin would come straight back into the pack - probably picking up 4/5 Leinster titles 1/2 All-Irelands every 10 years.

If you put half as much energy into sorting out the sad excuse you have for a county football team as you do moaning, whinging and talking utter sh1te about Dublin there's a chance albeit a small one you might be able to match the likes of Monaghan, Roscommon, Cavan and 3/4 other counties who focus on making the best out of what they have rather than the relentless, bitter, whinging bol0xology you and many within your county & the lemons next door to you come out with. Grow a pair ffs and sort yourselves out. And maybe then some day we might again have a proper game of football with Kildare rather than handing your arse to you on a plate every time as we currently do.

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

Kildare are reasonably close to the levels of those 3 teams mentioned and should be going back in the right direction at senior level with Cian O'Neill in charge. Plenty of good work going on at underage level but it is near impossible to close the gap to Dublin due to the money involved coupled with all the other advantages they are givenn. It is the same for every other county in Leinster. This is more of a realistic attitude rather than a defeatist one.

Counties from outside the province are not as badly affected as they can get the confidence of winning a provincial crown coupled with knowing that Dublin are coming into the final stages of the championship without playing a competitive game. Over the coming years these non Leinster teams are going to be hammered more routinely though.

I was someone who did not begrudge Dublin winning their AIs over recent years but am massively concerned at how much harm is being done to the GAA by creating such a behemoth while other counties are not getting anywhere near the same level of support from the GAA.