Meath or Kildare first ?

Meath
13 (44.8%)
Kildare
16 (55.2%)

Total Members Voted: 29

From the Bunker

Quote from: Kuwabatake Sanjuro on April 06, 2016, 09:38:17 PM
Kildare are reasonably close to the levels of those 3 teams mentioned and should be going back in the right direction at senior level with Cian O'Neill in charge. Plenty of good work going on at underage level but it is near impossible to close the gap to Dublin due to the money involved coupled with all the other advantages they are givenn. It is the same for every other county in Leinster. This is more of a realistic attitude rather than a defeatist one.

Counties from outside the province are not as badly affected as they can get the confidence of winning a provincial crown coupled with knowing that Dublin are coming into the final stages of the championship without playing a competitive game. Over the coming years these non Leinster teams are going to be hammered more routinely though.

I was someone who did not begrudge Dublin winning their AIs over recent years but am massively concerned at how much harm is being done to the GAA by creating such a behemoth while other counties are not getting anywhere near the same level of support from the GAA.

Yes this is true - for example Most if not all of the (so called) lesser lights outside of Leinster rarely get to come up against Dublin in Championship football. Bar Fermanagh last year I cant think of many.  So many of these teams do not get a hands on look as to how much they are out of their dept against this present Dublin side.

Hound

The other Leinster counties should all come together and propose that Dublin, as capital and a special case, should be rotated among the provinces rather than play in Leinster each year

Imagine if Dublin were not in Leinster this year, there'd be 6 or 7 counties who'd think they'd have a chance of winning it. But the Leinster counties would never bring forward such a suggestion for fear they might lose out on a few bob.

seafoid

I think Meath and Kildare have been hammered so often by the Dubs recently that they have developed stockholm syndrome.