Previous topic - Next topic

Meath or Kildare first ?

Meath
13 (44.8%)
Kildare
16 (55.2%)

Total Members Voted: 29

seafoid

2 fallen women. Mired in mediocrity in a Leinster ruled imperiously by the Dubs who have won 10 of the last 11 Leinsters. Which team will win Sam first after the Empire collapses?

AZOffaly

You're missing Galway from these polls. And as Kildare and Meath are at the same level as Galway, does that mean ye are a fallen woman as well, from the great days of Colleran, Purcell, Stockwell, Fallon, Walsh and all the others?

Edit, you beat me to it :)

Dinny Breen

#newbridgeornowhere

Hound

Kildare have been doing very good work at underage level (a fair sprinkling of traitor Dubs helping them out too  ;D ), and they have some really classy players coming through. So by 2020 I've no doubt they'll be competitive with the Dubs, maybe even as soon as 2018.

Meath I'd be less sure about.

Dublin will come back a bit into the pack. Bernard, Flynner and Cluxton only have a year or two left in them, Connolly not many more than that. I wouldnt be surprised to see others follow McCaffrey and O'Carroll and take a year or two out. I dont have any inside info on that but I believe a couple of key players in their mid 20s would be prime candidates. 
We do have talent coming through, but arguable whether it's any better than what Kildare have coming through.

seafoid

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

We are only waiting 88 years, I don't think we will ever win another one unless something is done about financial fair play, Meath probably are the same. I can't see either team challenging in Leinster within the the next 8 years either let alone AI.

Kerry, Mayo (current group of players mainly) and possibly Tyrone or Donegal are the only counties capable of competing in the coming years and they require Dublin to play well below themselves to challenge.

Donnellys Hollow

We were the first in 1928. I think we'll win it again in 2028.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Dinny Breen

Thinking about there is probably no one alive in Kildare that has seen us win a senior All Ireland.
#newbridgeornowhere

seafoid

Quote from: Dinny Breen on April 04, 2016, 08:50:24 PM
Thinking about there is probably no one alive in Kildare that has seen us win a senior All Ireland.
That is outrageous

From the Bunker

1928 - 2016 = 88

There are lads and lassies in their 90's who'd remember. It's a fair stretch back all the same.

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

Can't be more than a handful if any who were in attendance at this stage though.

Hound

Quote from: Kuwabatake Sanjuro on April 04, 2016, 06:50:07 PM
We are only waiting 88 years, I don't think we will ever win another one unless something is done about financial fair play,
Classic embarrassing flourbag whingebag comment!

The poor minnows of Kildare have no hope, so why even bother!

If only the likes of Mayo, Tyrone and Donegal would have a similar attitude to give the Dubs as handy a run outside Leinster as they we get inside it!

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Hound on April 05, 2016, 07:29:57 AM
We are only waiting 88 years, I don't think we will ever win another one unless something is done about financial fair play,

If only the likes of Mayo, Tyrone and Donegal would have a similar attitude to give the Dubs as handy a run outside Leinster as they we get inside it!

BS - typical no sense of perspective comment from a Dublin supporter if any of those counties were in Leinster they would just be as suppressed and like wise if Kildare/Meath were outside Leinster they would be liberated. Dublin are Steau Bucharest or Red Star Belgrade, All teams are equal but one team is more equal than others.
#newbridgeornowhere

Hound

Quote from: Dinny Breen on April 05, 2016, 07:43:03 AM
Quote from: Hound on April 05, 2016, 07:29:57 AM

BS - typical no sense of perspective comment from a Dublin supporter if any of those counties were in Leinster they would just be as suppressed and like wise if Kildare/Meath were outside Leinster they would be liberated. Dublin are Steau Bucharest or Red Star Belgrade, All teams are equal but one team is more equal than others.
We liberate you from Leinster every year

del_carroll

Quote from: Hound on April 04, 2016, 04:56:55 PM
Kildare have been doing very good work at underage level (a fair sprinkling of traitor Dubs helping them out too  ;D ), and they have some really classy players coming through. So by 2020 I've no doubt they'll be competitive with the Dubs, maybe even as soon as 2018.
We do have talent coming through, but arguable whether it's any better than what Kildare have coming through.

Fair smattering of Kildare & Meath-based players also togging out for the Dubs, which is a shambles given their player resources....the Eadestown-based Mighty Quinn spotted in the stands cheering on his young lad on Saturday...young Deegan from Ashbourne also adorned in blue.

Shouldn't be allowed, at least at underage level.