Rossies v Kerry round 2, will Croke Park be playable?

Started by giveballaghback, April 03, 2016, 07:27:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

From the Bunker

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on April 10, 2016, 04:52:31 PM
Quote from: maigheo on April 10, 2016, 04:40:47 PM
El Bomber do you always have to tear down every body?Try posting some thing positive for a change

Il Bomber - I'm Italian.

My postings are a reaction to the circumstances. A lot of the Roscommon lads are utterly delusional as to the level their team are at, they have a badly misplaced arrogance to football matters. They haven't done anything significant at Championship level in quite some time, in fact when was the last time they actually beat the big two in Connacht (Mayo and Galway) in Championship football? They want to run with the wolves while they aren't even able to spar with cubs. They should lose some of the delusionaly gained superiority complex they have over other minnows until they actually go and do something of note at Championship.

An average team with delusional fans, that's the reality of the matter but sometimes the truth can hurt.

Ah there is no harm in a bit of hope. They have had a few decent underage teams who have taught both Galway and Mayo lessons the last couple of years, so naturally there is hope and a bit of confidence emerging.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: From the Bunker on April 10, 2016, 04:56:46 PM
El Bomber do you always have to tear down every body?Try posting some thing positive for a change

Il Bomber - I'm Italian.

My postings are a reaction to the circumstances. A lot of the Roscommon lads are utterly delusional as to the level their team are at, they have a badly misplaced arrogance to football matters. They haven't done anything significant at Championship level in quite some time, in fact when was the last time they actually beat the big two in Connacht (Mayo and Galway) in Championship football? They want to run with the wolves while they aren't even able to spar with cubs. They should lose some of the delusionaly gained superiority complex they have over other minnows until they actually go and do something of note at Championship.

An average team with delusional fans, that's the reality of the matter but sometimes the truth can hurt.

Ah there is no harm in a bit of hope. They have had a few decent underage teams who have taught both Galway and Mayo lessons the last couple of years, so naturally there is hope and a bit of confidence emerging.

There's a difference between confidence and arrogance, and if there is a fine line between both then Roscommon have exceeded it by the proverbial country mile.

T Fearon

I hear Roscommon fans were happily paying €10 euros for buses to get them out of Croke Park at half time today😂

Ringfort

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on April 10, 2016, 05:02:18 PM

Il Bomber - I'm Italian.

There's a difference between confidence and arrogance, and if there is a fine line between both then Roscommon have exceeded it by the proverbial country mile.

You are the most tiresome poster on this site. Let the Ros stuff go will you. I don't know where you get this notion of arrogance from. Ros people are mad about football, not arrogant.

Anyway, destroyed today all over by a real top side. We have several deficiencies we may or may not be able to rectify. However we're going far better than we have been in years so it's still happy days for me and let's hope we can do something in Connacht this year for a change.

INDIANA

Il Bomber - I'm Italian.

It's eight years since Tyrone won a senior AI.

Rossfan

Home tired and dissapointed at our poor performance and some of the silly things we did today.
Not helped by the ignorant rantings of the Tymoan twerp or Tony's feeble attempt at comedy.
Maybe they'd enlighten us on how their Counties got on today ;D
Hopefully a lot learned from today by management.
If so and improvements can be implemented then today will have been a valuable exercise.
The aim was to stay in D1 and that's achieved with 2 games to spare.
The last 3 games have shown us how far we still have to go.
On to the Championship where the aim is reach a Connacht Final and hopefully an AI qtr final.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

bigpackiechestout

Kerry lads - what's the story with tommy Walsh?  Is there any sign of him making the team? Noticed he didn't play again today (maybe he's injured), I know he didn't play much last year but after he made a couple of late appearances of the bench towards the end of last year's championship i thought he would have pushed on again this year. Is he showing up well when he plays for his club?

lenny

Quote from: Ringfort on April 10, 2016, 08:34:40 PM

Il Bomber - I'm Italian.

You are the most tiresome poster on this site. Let the Ros stuff go will you. I don't know where you get this notion of arrogance from. Ros people are mad about football, not arrogant.

Anyway, destroyed today all over by a real top side. We have several deficiencies we may or may not be able to rectify. However we're going far better than we have been in years so it's still happy days for me and let's hope we can do something in Connacht this year for a change.

He's only trying to sledge you. It's a Tyrone thing.

Lar Naparka

Hard luck Ross and f**k the begrudgers!
Maybe it's all for the best as you now know what it's like to face a top side at full throttle. It's a learning exercise and ye will benefit from the lessons to be learnt. From mid-Div3 , through Div2 and then through the Premier Div as far as the semis is nothing to be sneezed at.
We'll see how you have come on if we meet in the Connacht Final!
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Syferus

Quote from: Rossfan on April 10, 2016, 08:56:40 PM
Home tired and dissapointed at our poor performance and some of the silly things we did today.
Not helped by the ignorant rantings of the Tymoan twerp or Tony's feeble attempt at comedy.
Maybe they'd enlighten us on how their Counties got on today ;D
Hopefully a lot learned from today by management.
If so and improvements can be implemented then today will have been a valuable exercise.
The aim was to stay in D1 and that's achieved with 2 games to spare.
The last 3 games have shown us how far we still have to go.
On to the Championship where the aim is reach a Connacht Final and hopefully an AI qtr final.

When Neil finds out where the FB line is they'll all be frigged anyways.

From the Bunker

Tough day in the office. Luckily for Roscommon they had Kerry rather than the Dubs. Kerry take the foot off the pedal once a game is won and try to minimise injuries and give squad members game time. They also practice defensive and offensive formations. Anyway, all is not lost, a top level game in Croker, Division One retained and enough time to forget about today come championship. I do think that the Under 21's and no Club involved in the AI Club series has/will help focus for the rest of the year. I said this 100 times last year - Roscommon peaked for the FBD and Division 2 campaign last year. They were flat going into the championship and had important players carrying injuries. I do believe they have came up a level early again this year (which they had to do) and it is important for them to get themselves for what lies ahead in Championship. Time to go away and hide for a few weeks and let the Gaa media find the next darlings to write about

Hound

Quote from: bigpackiechestout on April 10, 2016, 09:01:30 PM
Kerry lads - what's the story with tommy Walsh?  Is there any sign of him making the team? Noticed he didn't play again today (maybe he's injured), I know he didn't play much last year but after he made a couple of late appearances of the bench towards the end of last year's championship i thought he would have pushed on again this year. Is he showing up well when he plays for his club?
Tommy was there today. Looked fully fit, was warming up on the sideline. Surprised he didn't come on when Walsh went off injured, so seems to be well down the pecking order

Gael85

Lads did anyone see Donaghy stamp on Fintan Cregg in first half?Donaghy gets away with a lot with referees

https://twitter.com/The_Abbeytonian/status/719163195970207745

AZOffaly

Saw it on telly. I'd be inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt there, with his big spidery legs I think it was just awkward. He was fairly apologetic about it.

I was very surprised at the naive Roscommon defending. Not so much defending the balls into the full forward line, which was very poor, but just the inability of Ros to hold up or check the Kerry man in possession. They constantly just sidestepped and ran away from defenders. Very poor basics in terms of footwork, near hand tackling and body position.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Ringfort on April 10, 2016, 08:34:40 PM

Il Bomber - I'm Italian.

Might want to have a word with a few of fellow county men so.