Rossies v Kerry round 2, will Croke Park be playable?

Started by giveballaghback, April 03, 2016, 07:27:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rudi

Quote from: Kuwabatake Sanjuro on April 11, 2016, 12:01:40 AM
In terms of talent at their disposal Roscommon are definitely a top 10 team. To close the gap on Mayo they will need to develop an effective defensive system and a hard edge. They don't seem apparent yet.

Top 10 team. Well Kerry, Dublin and Mayo are miles ahead of us. Tyrone and Donegal are a good bit ahead of us. Monaghan, Cork & Cavan are on parity, after that you can forget about it. Its worrying to see how far the top 3 are ahead of everybody else. Looks like the championship starts at the All Ireland Semi Final stage again. Galway are dire bad under Walsh, not a prayer of them beating Mayo, would not give them much of a chance against ourselves to be honest.

Fuzzman

It's no harm looking at each controversial incident Aristocrat in slow motion but I think Donaghy was genuinely trying to get out of the way here and misjudged it. Of course we don't know for sure but I'd say it still hurt.

I think the whole process is way too random. Some incidents get looked at my the CCCC and some don't.
How McCarthy's eye poking incident didn't get punished is really a mystery to me.
I wish it was all much more open and reasons made public for why some are punished and some are not.

Syferus

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Rudi on April 11, 2016, 10:47:24 AM
Quote from: Kuwabatake Sanjuro on April 11, 2016, 12:01:40 AM
In terms of talent at their disposal Roscommon are definitely a top 10 team. To close the gap on Mayo they will need to develop an effective defensive system and a hard edge. They don't seem apparent yet.

Top 10 team. Well Kerry, Dublin and Mayo are miles ahead of us. Tyrone and Donegal are a good bit ahead of us. Monaghan, Cork & Cavan are on parity, after that you can forget about it. Its worrying to see how far the top 3 are ahead of everybody else. Looks like the championship starts at the All Ireland Semi Final stage again. Galway are dire bad under Walsh, not a prayer of them beating Mayo, would not give them much of a chance against ourselves to be honest.
In fairness Roscommon beat Donegal a few weeks ago in Letterkenny, Donegal are on a five game losing run their older players no longer influencing the game like they once were and Cavan,Monaghan,Tyrone are all more likely to win Ulster than them this summer.

Roscommon also hammered Cork in Cork and they were relegated to Div two what puts them on parity? Cavan improving however they lost their last two championship games against Roscommon didn't they?

I think it will be the same last four in the All Ireland semi finals this summer. Kerry,Tyrone,Mayo,Dublin with the winner of Kerry v Dublin to win the All Ireland. Far too predictable the GAA championship has become and it is crying out for a few other teams to rise up and start challenging.

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

Quote from: Captain Obvious on April 11, 2016, 08:48:44 PM
I think it will be the same last four in the All Ireland semi finals this summer. Kerry,Tyrone,Mayo,Dublin with the winner of Kerry v Dublin to win the All Ireland. Far too predictable the GAA championship has become and it is crying out for a few other teams to rise up and start challenging.

Very hard to make the breakthrough without money and very hard to raise money without success so it is a vicious circle. Roscommon and Cavan have been going in the right direction but are hitting a ceiling when it comes to senior level, coincidentally spending far less than the big 3. The only other possibility is another genius like Jim McGuinness coming through somewhere but that won't happen often.

Syferus

Quote from: Kuwabatake Sanjuro on April 11, 2016, 08:59:53 PM

Very hard to make the breakthrough without money and very hard to raise money without success so it is a vicious circle. Roscommon and Cavan have been going in the right direction but are hitting a ceiling when it comes to senior level, coincidentally spending far less than the big 3. The only other possibility is another genius like Jim McGuinness coming through somewhere but that won't happen often.

McGuiness was flooded with money.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Kuwabatake Sanjuro on April 11, 2016, 08:59:53 PM

Not true. Roscommon spent more money than Tyrone last year. Roscommon are giving it everything they have to these players......

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

I know he got a lot of bills paid from supporters but the county board spending was nothing out of the ordinary when it comes to the official accounts.

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on April 11, 2016, 09:06:35 PM

Not true. Roscommon spent more money than Tyrone last year. Roscommon are giving it everything they have to these players......

I meant Dublin, Kerry and Mayo as the big 3. Mayo are being squeezed financially too lately but spent big enough getting to where they are.

Tyrone are exceptionally well run but are still a long way off challenging in my opinion.

Syferus

Quote from: Kuwabatake Sanjuro on April 11, 2016, 09:07:39 PM
I know he got a lot of bills paid from supporters but the county board spending was nothing out of the ordinary when it comes to the official accounts.

Official account mean fùck all for the Mayos and the Donegals. Most of the money isn't on the books and Mayo's semi-hilarious public spat with Horan for privately fundraising for team activities out in NY highlights that very brightly.

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

With respect to Donegal I haven't seen any evidence that they were spending anything overly remarkable in comparison to other counties. In 2012 they went to Portugal for a week but a lot of other counties do the same while 2014 seen a week in Johnstown Bridge. Their backroom teams never seemed huge either.
I'd still stand by the claim that their spending would not be on a level anywhere near Dublin and would have been below Kerry's Kerry Group spend and was surely below what Horan was spending in Mayo.

Rossfan

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on April 11, 2016, 09:06:35 PM

Ros have more transparent accounts obviously ;) and no chape dodgy diesel either.
Anyway most of our players are based a long way out of the County.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

twohands!!!

Quote from: Syferus on April 11, 2016, 09:10:13 PM

Official account mean fùck all for the Mayos and the Donegals. Most of the money isn't on the books and Mayo's semi-hilarious spat with Horan for privately financing team activities out in NY highlights that very brightly.

Are the official accounts even worth considering given there are so many other ways to provide funds (and services) to intercounty teams ?

Syferus

Quote from: twohands!!! on April 11, 2016, 09:27:39 PM

Official account mean fùck all for the Mayos and the Donegals. Most of the money isn't on the books and Mayo's semi-hilarious spat with Horan for privately financing team activities out in NY highlights that very brightly.

Are the official accounts even worth considering given there are so many other ways to provide funds (and services) to intercounty teams ?

If we ever want to get serious about leveling the playing field financially the first thing that needs to be implemented is oversight on accounts and budgets on county team spending. The only way to do that properly is putting the fear of God into counties by imposing serious fines if they are found to be fudging numbers. Until the GAA starts addressing the money imbalance properly no amount of fluting about with schedules or underage competitions will improve the product on the field.

larryin89

Official account mean fùck all for the Mayos and the Donegals. Most of the money isn't on the books and Mayo's semi-hilarious public spat with Horan for privately fundraising for team activities out in NY highlights that very brightly.

What does that even mean ya fookin muppet ? Ros spent more than Mayo last year sin e and the other muppet above goin on about transparent accounts , you are kidding me . Sugar daddies in Ross are well known .
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .