Rossies v Kerry round 2, will Croke Park be playable?

Started by giveballaghback, April 03, 2016, 07:27:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tubberman

Quote from: Syferus on April 14, 2016, 03:52:49 PM
Dalys get too much abuse for their defending. Davy is your favourite child by the sounds of things but he's been caught napping plenty himself. All those players can do a good job if they're given roles that suit their skill-sets and they remain switched on for the whole match. Coaching the tackle and defensive systems are exactly why lads like David Casey (never replaced since he retired) and Liam McHale are there.

Liam McHale - Noted defender and exponent of the tackle ;)
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Syferus

Quote from: Tubberman on April 14, 2016, 04:12:43 PM
Quote from: Syferus on April 14, 2016, 03:52:49 PM
Dalys get too much abuse for their defending. Davy is your favourite child by the sounds of things but he's been caught napping plenty himself. All those players can do a good job if they're given roles that suit their skill-sets and they remain switched on for the whole match. Coaching the tackle and defensive systems are exactly why lads like David Casey (never replaced since he retired) and Liam McHale are there.

Liam McHale - Noted defender and exponent of the tackle ;)

Casey and McHale are the defense and forward coaches respectively.

weareros

Quote from: Rossfan on April 14, 2016, 03:38:37 PM

I see "weareros" is dropping Seanie and Davy Murray but including 2 Dalys in defence

Love those players but if we learned anything we need more physically imposing players. Conor Daly also takes the games to the opposition and would rather be playing the game in their half of the field than ours. Feel we've given away too many goals by lack of height - led to the penalty versus Fermanagh last year (though a debatable penalty), two goals last Sunday. Lots of other goals I could mention. They are brilliant players and nothing to do with their football prowess, but more to do with the type of teams that are giving us trouble. If we are fortunate to make Connacht final, Mayo would steamroll us with their height and physical advantage in crucial areas of the field.

giveballaghback

First let me say the Donaghy incident was not a card offence, only Donaghy knows what he was trying to do and I think he made every effort to try and avoid stamping on Cregg.
Its amazing how one game changes all perspective about the team, yes there were always going to be changes for the championship but most of the changes will be in the way we set the team up. Once Kerry got the first couple of scores in the second half they knew there was no fight back in Roscommon and just put the brakes on.
Rossies have 3 hurdles to clear and nearly 3 months to regroup and prepare for a Connacht final showdown, if the cant clear the hurdles then they are not where we are hoping they are.
How will Ros set up if they do qualify for the final? after these last few Sundays no one knows.
I have been away since Monday and have only read some of the tripe written on this thread since Sunday, some of ye need to cop on, have a read back lads, Pudsy Ryan would be proud of it, now if ye dont know who the f   Pudsy is well thats more of it.

larryin89

Aidan o Shea after opening a tk Max shop in Castlebar was seen in paddy power putting 2k on Roscommon to win Connacht .Hes always loved Roscommon .
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Shrewdness