Rossies v Kerry round 2, will Croke Park be playable?

Started by giveballaghback, April 03, 2016, 07:27:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Never beat the deeler

Hasta la victoria siempre

From the Bunker

Zulu

Quote from: From the Bunker on April 10, 2016, 03:30:41 PM
Quote from: Zulu on April 10, 2016, 03:23:40 PM
Roscommon's decision making and speed of execution is very poor but they are good enough to develop into a top 6 team IMO but they need more to start challenging for silverware - a midfield of some description would be a start.

?

Sorry, poorly worded. I mean that they have a decent team/squad, one that is better than the majority of those in Ireland, however if they are to win Connacht championships, division 1 leagues and All Irelands then they need a few more players capable of playing top level IC football.

Il Bomber Destro

If Roscommon played in Ulster they'd be the 7th best team there.

macdanger2

Tough day for the Rossies (lord knows we've had enough of them ourselves) but it shows these players where they need to be so if McStay and the team can learn from today then this shouldn't be a major setback

From the Bunker

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on April 10, 2016, 03:44:34 PM

So who are the six better teams? Looking forward to you naming them!

maigheo

This is a stupid argument not worth replying to

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: From the Bunker on April 10, 2016, 03:50:12 PM

Well they've been dumped out in the past 3 Championships by three of them - Fermanagh, Armagh and Tyrone.

Then there is Donegal, Monaghan and Derry. I would probably rank Cavan ahead of them by the end of this Championship campaign. So I'd have them 8th, ahead of Antrim and Down at the end of this year's Championship.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on April 10, 2016, 03:53:01 PM

Well they've been dumped out in the past 3 Championships by three of them - Fermanagh, Armagh and Tyrone.

Then there is Donegal, Monaghan and Derry. I would probably rank Cavan ahead of them by the end of this Championship campaign. So I'd have them 8th, ahead of Antrim and Down at the end of this year's Championship.

Ah man, you are all over the place there!  Donegal, Monaghan and Tyrone and after that you are clutching at straws!

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: From the Bunker on April 10, 2016, 04:03:36 PM

Ah man, you are all over the place there!  Donegal, Monaghan and Tyrone and after that you are clutching at straws!

Clutching at straws??????????????

Fermanagh dumped them out of last year's Championship.
Armagh dumped them out of the 2014 Championship.

Roscommon have done nothing of note in Championship football in 15 odd years.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on April 10, 2016, 04:13:39 PM

But we are not talking about the last 15 years. We are talking about the present!

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: From the Bunker on April 10, 2016, 04:17:09 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on April 10, 2016, 04:13:39 PM

But we are not talking about the last 15 years. We are talking about the present!

Yes we are and Roscommon have been knocked out of Championship by 3 different Ulster sides in the past 3 years. They have done nothing at Championship level.

maigheo

El Bomber do you always have to tear down every body?Try posting some thing positive for a change

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: maigheo on April 10, 2016, 04:40:47 PM
El Bomber do you always have to tear down every body?Try posting some thing positive for a change

Il Bomber - I'm Italian.

My postings are a reaction to the circumstances. A lot of the Roscommon lads are utterly delusional as to the level their team are at, they have a badly misplaced arrogance to football matters. They haven't done anything significant at Championship level in quite some time, in fact when was the last time they actually beat the big two in Connacht (Mayo and Galway) in Championship football? They want to run with the wolves while they aren't even able to spar with cubs. They should lose some of the delusionaly gained superiority complex they have over other minnows until they actually go and do something of note at Championship.

An average team with delusional fans, that's the reality of the matter but sometimes the truth can hurt.

Rudi

Quote from: maigheo on April 10, 2016, 04:40:47 PM

Yeah he needs to get a girlfriend or something. Every comment is dark and negative. On the game itself very bad beating, in reality this was twice the 10 point hammering we got. Small full back line was shown up badly. Need a sweeper in the fullback line. Bet all over the park. Still think outside the big 3 we can compete. Kerry when they did not have the ball pressed up on us and squeezed the bejaysus out of us. Ref again was shocking for both sides, this really is a major issue that needs dealing with.