Rossies v the Dubs, being played somewhere next Sunday.

Started by giveballaghback, March 28, 2016, 12:59:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Main Street

Quote from: Jinxy on April 03, 2016, 03:39:20 PM
Once you cross the Shannon, it's every man for himself.
They don't call it the Wild West for nothing.
Isn't the pitch on the less wild side of the Shannon?

Jinxy

Quote from: macdanger2 on April 03, 2016, 04:05:08 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on April 03, 2016, 01:40:21 PM
That's very unfair.
Nobody could have anticipated that a weeks worth of rain on top of an already waterlogged pitch would make it unplayable.

That's known as Roscommon cuteness, same name as the kerry kind but seems to be entirely different in practise

In the Kerry version, they're usually only pretending to be thick.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Jinxy

Quote from: Rossfan on April 02, 2016, 12:07:00 AM
Enjoy Division 3.

In your face Rossfan.  ;D
Now, I'm off down to PT to have a roll around on our lovely, bone dry pitch.
Might even build a sandcastle while I'm there.

Syferus

Good response in the second half when it looked like a trimming was likely. Wouldn't be too worried about the miss at the end, it was a glorified challenge match with both teams rotating players early. Donie Shine looked well on his return in particular. Mulhooly put in a quality shift after last night's disappointment. Niall Mc cleaned out Cathal McHugh twice while isolated inside one-on-one which was excellent to see from a young lad who is making a hell of a fist at his first season starting.

League overall has been excellent for us. Hung with the big boys and were competitive in just about every match.

rrhf

Syferus

giveballaghback

You are talking tru your rear end as usual syf if you think that was a glorified challenge match. it was full blooded right from start to finish, were you at the game? if you were you were doing a hell of a lot of posting or maybe you were at home in Mchale park.

Jinxy

Syferus was below in the Hyde with his pitchfork.

INDIANA

Quote from: Syferus on April 03, 2016, 04:17:44 PM
Good response in the second half when it looked like a trimming was likely. Wouldn't be too worried about the miss at the end, it was a glorified challenge match with both teams rotating players early. Donie Shine looked well on his return in particular. Mulhooly put in a quality shift after last night's disappointment. Niall Mc cleaned out Cathal McHugh twice while isolated inside one-on-one which was excellent to see from a young lad who is making a hell of a fist at his first season starting.

League overall has been excellent for us. Hung with the big boys and were competitive in just about every match.

To conclude you lost minor, u21 and senior games this weekend.

If that's something to celebrate then it says everything. Dublin had half a team out today- you moved the venue this morning, pissed off all our fans and you still couldn't beat us.

Tubberman

Quote from: INDIANA on April 03, 2016, 05:58:37 PM

If that's something to celebrate then it says everything. Dublin had half a team out today- you moved the venue this morning, pissed off all our fans and you still couldn't beat us.

Don't you come in here and make me side with the Rossies - I won't have it!
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

INDIANA

Quote from: Tubberman on April 03, 2016, 06:00:49 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on April 03, 2016, 05:58:37 PM

Don't you come in here and make me side with the Rossies - I won't have it!

This guy (Syferus) is absolutely delusional.

giveballaghback

I could have sworn the dubs had 15 players on the field at all times today indianna, and what about that super panel of players ye have? ye looked a very ordinary lot today when the presure was on, I hope the train was not clamped when ye got back to it ;D

dublin7

Roscommon should be made all their league games away from home next season. County board didn't switch the game until this morning so the pubs/hotels could get the dubs money.

Charging €10 for buses was the ultimate insult. On the game itself a second string dublin did there best to throw away victory. Messed up 4 goal chances in the 2nd half and kicked some shocking wides. Mannion played well and McHugh won a lot of ball. Savage struggled under high balls and at fault for rossies goal. Pitch was poor and big Dublin crowd travelled up

mup

Quote from: dublin7 on April 03, 2016, 06:31:40 PM
Roscommon should be made all their league games away from home next season. County board didn't switch the game until this morning so the pubs/hotels could get the dubs money.

Charging €10 for buses was the ultimate insult. On the game itself a second string dublin did there best to throw away victory. Messed up 4 goal chances in the 2nd half and kicked some shocking wides. Mannion played well and McHugh won a lot of ball. Savage struggled under high balls and at fault for rossies goal. Pitch was poor and big Dublin crowd travelled up

The Dubs money? Judging by the outrage over the e10 charge for the bus, I cant imagine the dubs spent too much in Roscommon last night.

INDIANA

Quote from: giveballaghback on April 03, 2016, 06:21:20 PM
I could have sworn the dubs had 15 players on the field at all times today indianna, and what about that super panel of players ye have? ye looked a very ordinary lot today when the presure was on, I hope the train was not clamped when ye got back to it ;D

4 championship starters today. And we still won.

Extraordinary