Rossies v the Dubs, being played somewhere next Sunday.

Started by giveballaghback, March 28, 2016, 12:59:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

weareros

Quote from: INDIANA on April 01, 2016, 07:12:25 PM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on April 01, 2016, 06:18:51 PM
On the official Roscommon GAA Twitter account.

Forget the April Fools Rubbish you've heard. Roscommon Dublin is in the Hyde at 2pm Sunday.

In fairness economically this is the biggest event in Roscommon since the last time Enda drove through it on his way to mayo

That's why I had my shopeen stacked up with Celtic and ManU tracksuits when I heard the Dubs were coming to town.

Rossfan

Quote from: Beffs on April 01, 2016, 07:53:08 PM
I'd be surprised if the Dublin game gets a bigger crowd than the Mayo one. Dublin & Roscommon are not traditional rivals. Neither county are facing relegation, so nothing is really at stake.
8,000 max I'd say.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Conallach

Quote from: INDIANA on March 31, 2016, 10:33:26 PM
This would be the biggest win in Roscommon's history in fairness. We've nothing to play for.

I don't think I'll ever forget reading this.

Beffs

Quote from: Conallach on April 01, 2016, 09:01:02 PM
This would be the biggest win in Roscommon's history in fairness. We've nothing to play for.

If I was from Roscommon, I'd settle for not getting my arse handed to me by the likes of Sligo & Fermanagh again, over beating the Dubs in a meaningless league game, that Jim Gavin and Co will have forgotten about 5 minutes after the final whistle.

Syferus

This isn't even the biggest game Roscommon are playing this weekend.

INDIANA

You shouldn't in fairness. The best team of the modern era is coming to town

Beffs

Quote from: INDIANA on April 01, 2016, 09:30:05 PM

No, they're not. The best team of the modern era, will be at home watching Galway vs Cavan, along with everyone else. Fringe panelists & lads that need game time, will make the trip to Roscommon for the most part. Gavin isn't going to risk his A listers for a meaningless game in April, in the middle of a lake. He has bigger fish to fry, if you'll pardon the terrible pun.

Syferus

Quote from: Beffs on April 01, 2016, 10:05:55 PM

No, they're not. The best team of the modern era, will be at home watching Galway vs Cavan, along with everyone else. Fringe panelists & lads that need game time, will make the trip to Roscommon for the most part. Gavin isn't going to risk his A listers for a meaningless game in April, in the middle of a lake. He has bigger fish to fry, if you'll pardon the terrible pun.

He's not the only manager thinking like that.

giveballaghback

Quote from: Beffs on April 01, 2016, 10:05:55 PM

O Lord its so hard to be humble, when your perfect in every way.
Us poor Rossies will look on in awe at the great, the unbelievable, most fabulous swashbuckling Dubs playing live in our very own backyard {or Carrick}, what an honour, and you expect us to stay at home and watch  Cavan v Galway. ah come on, wheres me efin wellies. :D 

Jinxy

Word from the Rossie's camp is they want to finish strong in the last 15 mins so they're going to play against the current in the first half.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

INDIANA

Quote from: Jinxy on April 01, 2016, 10:44:29 PM
Word from the Rossie's camp is they want to finish strong in the last 15 mins so they're going to play against the current in the first half.

History is upon us on Sunday as the Rossies are set to create history. Must be good odds in the bookies for this. Roscommon should win

armaghniac

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

manfromdelmonte

heffo

Roscommon getting to and/or winning a League final would be huge for them in year one of their current cycle