NFL Game in Wembly - Dolphins V Giants

Started by SuperDooperCooper, April 30, 2007, 01:48:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SammyG

Quote from: AZOffaly on May 16, 2007, 02:52:25 PM
See all the dicks on Ebay selling their tickets? W*nkers. At huge prices. 'Selling because they can't be used' WHY QUEUE FOR TICKETMASTER THEN??? Lying Dicks. 'Selling due to 'accidental double purchase''. Yeah right.

I hate that Sh1te. I hope NFL are monitoring Ebay, and can trace these tickets.

Unfortunately I'm not sure there's much they can do. Ticket touting isn't illegal on the UK as long as you quote the original price, to the buyer (except on football/soccer tickets). Ebay sometimes take auctions down, unilaterally, but usually only when it's a charity event.

AZOffaly

Do you read the forum over on NFLUK.com? Some of them lads are going bananas. I hate to see lads really wanting tickets, only for flutes like that to come on and get them. And the lying is very hard to stomach. 'Accidental Double Purchase??'. Pr1ck.

Syd

I might try Ebay if all else fails but i would imagine due to the demand the prices will be extortionate.

thejuice

It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

thejuice

Theres still hope for me to get a ticket. Hope no-one here put there tickets on e-bay

NFL takes action against eBay sellers

The intention from the original announcement of the game at Wembley between the Miami Dolphins and New York Giants was for the stadium to be filled with genuine NFL fans to ensure that the atmosphere at the game replicated exactly that of a regular season fixture in the USA.

"We set up the pre-registration in February, the random lottery, and the passcode system to try to ensure that this was a secure sale that stopped tickets being re-sold through the secondary market," said NFL UK Managing Director Alistair Kirkwood.

"Clearly some people have slipped through the net, but we have a system in place to ensure that they will not be able to benefit from selling on tickets to our game at a vastly inflated price. The Ticketmaster purchase terms and conditions clearly state that tickets cannot be resold, and we are within our rights to withdraw all these tickets and reissue them at a later date."

Therefore, all people who have attempted to sell tickets on eBay have had their tickets withdrawn from sale, and those seats will be resold in a future ticket sales period.

Although the illegal eBay sellers will be reimbursed for their ticket purchases, they will be removed from the ticket registry of interest, and will not be eligible to buy more tickets for this game in the second batch of sales that will take place in June.

Additionally, those people that have placed some tickets on eBay but intended to use a further part of their allocation personally will have their entire ticket allocation cancelled, and will not be able to attend the game.

The resale of these tickets will take place in June at the same time as the second batch of tickets going on sale to those people who registered their interest in February. The same policy will be in effect among that second set of tickets, and if any of them appear on eBay they will also be withdrawn from sale and resold to genuine NFL fans at face value. 
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Gabriel_Hurl

thejuice

yeah i saw a few on e-bay going for £800 for 4 tickets. Its something i'd never do is spend that kind of money on something like that. Remember some lad forked out €1000 for tickets to the Galway-Cork hurling final. Madness

AZOffaly

Well Lads,

Who got tickets? I'm in 117, meself and de brudder. I'll probably head on over on Saturday morning and try and catch a soccer match on the Saturday. Home Monday afternoon then. Bank holiday weekend and all.

So who else is going?

magickingdom

anyone been to the new wembly and whats it like in comparsion to the old one? watched eng v brazil the other night and it looked fantastic. i know your in the south of england sammy did you go?

SammyG

Quote from: magickingdom on June 08, 2007, 11:08:36 AM
anyone been to the new wembly and whats it like in comparsion to the old one? watched eng v brazil the other night and it looked fantastic. i know your in the south of england sammy did you go?

If Engerlund where playing in my back garden I'd close the curtains.  ;)

Haven't been into the new Wembley but it looks class from the outside, the arch is fecking huge.

magickingdom

QuoteIf Engerlund where playing in my back garden I'd close the curtains. 

Haven't been into the new Wembley but it looks class from the outside, the arch is fecking huge.

Ha Ha  :D the arch makes it, looked really impressive on the telly. was in the old wembly years ago and it was some stadium so i hope the new one lives up to that. would have been nice if they could have kept the wembly towers tho..

SammyG

More tickets to be released from http://www.nfluk.com/news-display.php?id=2479

QuoteMore Wembley tickets to go on sale

The NFL will release the second batch of tickets to go on sale for the regular season game between the Miami Dolphins and New York Giants on Thursday June 28th – exactly four months before the big match takes place at Wembley Stadium.

Tickets will be available from 10:00 a.m. BST on Thursday June 28th to the winners of a lottery held among fans who registered an interest on nfluk.com when the game was first announced in February.

The second batch of tickets will be released and distributed in the same manner as the first. All people who registered their interest – except for those who bought tickets in the first group – will be re-entered into the lottery. Those who are lucky enough to be selected to buy tickets from this second lottery will receive an email within seven days of the sale date with a password which they will then be able to use on the Ticketmaster website on the morning of Thursday June 28th. For this sale the only correspondence will be via email – there will be no letters sent out.

The NFL and Ticketmaster have worked to address the teething problems that a handful of people encountered with the first batch of tickets.

The tickets for nfluk.com lottery winners will be on sale until 10:00 p.m. BST on Sunday July 1st but only on a first-come, first-served basis. There will be more applicants than seats available, so please purchase early to avoid disappointment. In the first sale 40,000 tickets went in 90 minutes, so those lucky enough to get the chance to buy tickets are advised to be online ready to buy their tickets on time.

As with the first sale, any tickets from this sale that are found to be on eBay or similar ticket touting websites will have their sale cancelled, and made available to genuine fans at a later date.

There will be another opportunity to purchase tickets in the coming months for those people who miss out in this sale.

Syd

Good stuff, dont fancy the odds though !

bugs bunny

Dolphins going to suck this year ,Culpepper walked out of camp,new head coach  as well.Giants won'tbe great either imo

thejuice

Quote from: bugs bunny on June 10, 2007, 09:12:35 PM
Dolphins going to suck this year ,Culpepper walked out of camp,new head coach  as well.Giants won'tbe great either imo

In light of this news, does anyone want to sell me their wembly ticket  ;D