Tyrone v Derry, Healy Park, Omagh, 19:00 Sat 5/3/16

Started by never kickt a ball, February 28, 2016, 11:13:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tiempo

Quote from: rrhf on March 05, 2016, 07:30:39 AM
Sean mc Laughlin was class alright. Never stopped. Paul Donnelly, wee barney and Cush probably got a raw deal that year. We started some average players by the time we got to the final. Tyrone win tonight and they have Derry mentally scarred for the year. Lovely. Get that glass ceiling in place lads.

Even though Canavan was unreal Cush was my favourite player at the time, so much poise, pace and technically brilliant. Could have put 4 or 5 points on Dublin in the AI final that year if he hadn't got injured the week of the final, that always gutted me about 95

imtommygunn

Cush pulled tyrone out in the semi against galway. He was great in the second half that day.

Club Rossa

Fancy an away win tonight.In terms of promotion I think it's a must win game for Derry.That might be enough to see them over the line by a couple of points.

screenexile

Quote from: Club Rossa on March 05, 2016, 12:06:32 PM
Fancy an away win tonight.In terms of promotion I think it's a must win game for Derry.That might be enough to see them over the line by a couple of points.

Cant see a Derry win especially without Lynch and McBride in there... Generally we put it up to the huns but I cant see past a home win tonight.

Club Rossa

Holly and SL McGoldrick will be useful additions since the last meeting.

Mikhailov

Quote from: Club Rossa on March 05, 2016, 01:19:38 PM
Holly and SL McGoldrick will be useful additions since the last meeting.

From a Tyrone perspective I nearly prefer we lose tonight. Derry will beat us sometime and I would prefer it to be tonight rather than Celtic Park in May. If we win tonight the pressure will be immense in May and Derry will be under no pressure - lose tonight and we can still qualify.

Strange I know but Derry by 2/3 and I wouldn't care in the slightest.

May is the big one !!!

As an earlier poster said 1995/96 was some period for us playing Derry in the 2 Ulster semi finals and winning both. A lot of great players played for both teams in them days and with all the extra training, S&C etc involved now they would possibly be even better in today's game.

Wildweasel74

G u lads mustnt seen the Galway game last week!! Tyrone would need to be fairly crap for us to win the night, we were stronger out in the McKenna Cup, Derry to go defensive with McGoldrick and Heavern dropping back.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

screenexile

Over the Bar

BennyHarp

Quote from: screenexile on March 05, 2016, 07:22:28 PM
How in gods name is that a yellow card??

Maybe the punch to the ribs on Harte was though! I wouldn't complain if I were you!
That was never a square ball!!

Over the Bar

screenexile