Tyrone v Derry, Healy Park, Omagh, 19:00 Sat 5/3/16

Started by never kickt a ball, February 28, 2016, 11:13:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Il Bomber Destro

Very strong Derry team named, they'll definitely have a big physical and size advantage over us with the side picked. Conditions will have a lot to say into the outcome - wet and soft conditions will suit Derry much more.

Tyrone have struggled with Derry in recent times, a lot of the Derry lads on here write off their team a little too much, they have quality players but it's more being a case of application and team spirit that has set them back in the past. Barton does seem to have them going well. Tyrone generally struggle against Ulster sides.

Tyrone win this and they're up, a Derry win throws it wide open between ourselves, Galway and Derry for two spots.

Il Bomber Destro

1 – Niall Morgan – Éadan na dTorc
2 – Aidan McCrory – Aireagal Chiaráin
3 – Ronan McNamee – Achadh Uí Aráin
4 – Cathal McCarron – An Droim Mór
5 – Barry Tierney – An Omaigh
6 – Rory Brennan – Trí Leac
7 – Tiernan McCann – Coill an Chlochair
8 – Colm Cavanagh – An Mhaigh
9 – Mattie Donnelly – Trí Leac
10 – Kieran McGeary – Cabhán a'Chaortainn
11 – Peter Harte – Aireagal Chiaráin
12 – Richard Donnelly – Trí Leac
13 – Connor McAliskey – Cluain Eo
14 – Sean Cavanagh – An Mhaigh
15 – Ronan O Neill – An Omaigh
16 – Michael O'Neill – Cluain Eo
17 – Mark Bradley – Coill an Chlochair
18 – Pádraig Hampsey – Oileán a'Ghuail
19 – Conall McCann – Coill an Chlochair
20 – Darren McCurry – Éadan na dTorc
21 – Hugh Pat McGeary – Cabhán a'Chaortainn
22 – Justin McMahon – An Omaigh
23 – Padraig McNulty – Dún Geanainn
24 – Conor Meyler – An Omaigh
25 – Johnathan Monroe – An Charraig Mhór
26 – Niall Sludden – An Droim Mhór

I presume that might be the last we've seen of the u21 lads for the remainder of the league.

ONeill

Good to see Peter Harte back starting. Ronan O'Neill getting a good stage now to stake a real claim.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Mikhailov

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on March 03, 2016, 10:08:34 PM

I presume that might be the last we've seen of the u21 lads for the remainder of the league.

AFAIK only 2 U21's on senior panel - Lee Brennan & Cathal McShane. Have I missed any??

We won't see these involved until U21 season is over, first game is Wednesday 16th in Breffni v An Cabhan

omagh_gael

The guys from teamtalk were very complimentary about Ronan O'Neill on Sunday, would be great to see him continue improving his form and cement a place in first 15.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Mikhailov on March 03, 2016, 10:32:43 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on March 03, 2016, 10:08:34 PM

AFAIK only 2 U21's on senior panel - Lee Brennan & Cathal McShane. Have I missed any??

We won't see these involved until U21 season is over, first game is Wednesday 16th in Breffni v An Cabhan

Fox and Mulgrew are also with the panel now but really only there for a numbers perspective.

Il Bomber Destro

Is PJ Quinn still on the Tyrone panel? I saw this on the Irish News last week.

Tyrone are still without injured trio Joe McMahon, Ronan McNabb, PJ Quinn and Niall McKenna, while Ronan McNamee took a knock to his knee during Sigerson last week, which "could keep him out" against Laois on Sunday.

On McMahon's absence, Harte said: "The good news with Joe was that he didn't need another operation, so we're hoping he'll be available to train fully again quicker than had he had another operation, which would have kept him out for another two months."

redhandefender

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on March 04, 2016, 07:28:07 AM
Is PJ Quinn still on the Tyrone panel? I saw this on the Irish News last week.

Tyrone are still without injured trio Joe McMahon, Ronan McNabb, PJ Quinn and Niall McKenna, while Ronan McNamee took a knock to his knee during Sigerson last week, which "could keep him out" against Laois on Sunday.

On McMahon's absence, Harte said: "The good news with Joe was that he didn't need another operation, so we're hoping he'll be available to train fully again quicker than had he had another operation, which would have kept him out for another two months."

PJ came back in few months ago

Gaffer

Quote from: Walter Cronc on March 03, 2016, 10:31:14 AM
Quote from: screenexile on March 03, 2016, 10:24:40 AM
Quote from: WT4E on March 03, 2016, 10:12:42 AM
Is Barton allowed on the line? I heard a decent story about there recently sounds like the man is nuts when it comes to aggressive issues.

I'd say he was a hardy boy in his hay day - Fair play to Pascal for stepping up to the plate and putting him in his box that day!

What nonsense!! Pascal punched him once and got sent off.

Barton not allowed on line for the next 7 weeks AFAIK.

Canavan hit him 2 or 3 quick blasts to the nose - blood flew out of Barton. He was caught unaware. Remember it clear as day, happened right in front of me in Clones.

Was it not a couple on the jaw? Caught unaware! Do me a favour! He had a hold of Canavan by the throat. He should have expected some reaction!
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

Walter Cronc

Mikhailov

Quote from: Walter Cronc on March 03, 2016, 10:31:14 AM
Quote from: screenexile on March 03, 2016, 10:24:40 AM
Quote from: WT4E on March 03, 2016, 10:12:42 AM
Is Barton allowed on the line? I heard a decent story about there recently sounds like the man is nuts when it comes to aggressive issues.

I'd say he was a hardy boy in his hay day - Fair play to Pascal for stepping up to the plate and putting him in his box that day!

What nonsense!! Pascal punched him once and got sent off.

Barton not allowed on line for the next 7 weeks AFAIK.

Canavan hit him 2 or 3 quick blasts to the nose - blood flew out of Barton. He was caught unaware. Remember it clear as day, happened right in front of me in Clones.

Were you playing? From memory it was 20 yards or so away from dug out area but how could you see if he bled if you were sat in the stand. Unless of course it was gushing out of Barton but I don't recall seeing any blood. Remember the incident ok - Barton was a tough cookie on the pitch but I think he considered retirement after that game so was past it in terms of playing time with Derry in 1995. He possibly played 1996 but certainly not 1997. Pascal was hardy boy too but sneaky with it

BennyHarp

From my recollection of being there and watching it hundreds of times afterwards. Barton had Pascal by the throat and Pascal hit him two jabs to the side of the head. He had to go but Barton was hardly bursted or bleeding!

Still my favourite single game as a Tyrone fan, even above the AI victories. From complete despair at half time (and having to listen to the most cocky and arrogantly triumphant bunch of Derry fans throughout that halftime break) to the overwhelming joy of watching the majesty of Peter Canavan, the driving force of Paul Donnelly (I still don't know how or why Art didn't play him in the AI final) the energy of Sean McLoughlin, the return to form of Adrian Cush and the glorious winning point by Jody Gormley! Great days! 😄
That was never a square ball!!

rrhf

Sean mc Laughlin was class alright. Never stopped. Paul Donnelly, wee barney and Cush probably got a raw deal that year. We started some average players by the time we got to the final. Tyrone win tonight and they have Derry mentally scarred for the year. Lovely. Get that glass ceiling in place lads.

Newbridge Exile

Quote from: BennyHarp on March 04, 2016, 11:39:52 PM
From my recollection of being there and watching it hundreds of times afterwards. Barton had Pascal by the throat and Pascal hit him two jabs to the side of the head. He had to go but Barton was hardly bursted or bleeding!

Still my favourite single game as a Tyrone fan, even above the AI victories. From complete despair at half time (and having to listen to the most cocky and arrogantly triumphant bunch of Derry fans throughout that halftime break) to the overwhelming joy of watching the majesty of Peter Canavan, the driving force of Paul Donnelly (I still don't know how or why Art didn't play him in the AI final) the energy of Sean McLoughlin, the return to form of Adrian Cush and the glorious winning point by Jody Gormley! Great days! 😄
That would be my memory of that incident, couple of jabs and that was it, (sean McLaughlin had some engine on him great player who never stopped running )

rrhf

Yes 2 good punches and Barton stayed on his feet.  Manly hit and manly taken - no blood either.  Pascal was reckless and had to go.  Damian had a press column and the following year he said he didnt retire because he wanted back at Tyrone.  Tyrone beat them with a cricket score the following year.  Psychologically Tyrone must keep Derry down every game as if they feel they are top again for the first time in 22 years they will build on that and stay top. 
Get wired into them lads, both teams in development, so Derry need to lay a marker down or they will remain that 2 years behind Tyrone.  Expect a deadly nights football!