Jamie Clarke,the GAA's answer to Stephen Ireland?

Started by T Fearon, January 05, 2016, 09:26:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bennydorano

Quote from: DuffleKing on January 11, 2016, 03:08:25 PM
Quote from: Applesisapples on January 11, 2016, 02:12:18 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on January 11, 2016, 02:09:49 PM
Hang on now. I'm a big fan of club teams, but to suggest that a Crossmaglen team, ramping up for an All Ireland Club Semi Final, beating a Kildare team getting ready to start the O'Byrne Cup, indicates that they'd beat most county teams is stretching it.

With the best will in the world, the best club teams in the country would be beaten by 25 county teams at least, if they met when both were mid season.

They still might beat Offaly mind you :)
Mind you its one of those ones hard to disprove. I still think Cross have more county standard players than the current Armagh squad!

This type of gibberish amply illustrates the mentality that creates the cultural vacuum which those Cross lads that have the potential to play county football have to be brave enough to push through. It's an unnecessary, poisonous culture that damages our county unfortunately. Cross and every other club's players should be proud enough Armagh men to put themselves in harms way to see if they can make it for the county to be able to put their best foot forward.
I second that. Cross deserve all the credit in the world for their achievements, but non-Crossmaglen (Armagh clubmen) people worshipping at the Cross altar and basking in some sort of reflected glory sickens my hole and it really isn't good for the County team.

seafoid

Quote from: bennydorano on January 11, 2016, 07:52:23 PM
Hang on now. I'm a big fan of club teams, but to suggest that a Crossmaglen team, ramping up for an All Ireland Club Semi Final, beating a Kildare team getting ready to start the O'Byrne Cup, indicates that they'd beat most county teams is stretching it.

With the best will in the world, the best club teams in the country would be beaten by 25 county teams at least, if they met when both were mid season.

Mind you its one of those ones hard to disprove. I still think Cross have more county standard players than the current Armagh squad!

This type of gibberish amply illustrates the mentality that creates the cultural vacuum which those Cross lads that have the potential to play county football have to be brave enough to push through. It's an unnecessary, poisonous culture that damages our county unfortunately. Cross and every other club's players should be proud enough Armagh men to put themselves in harms way to see if they can make it for the county to be able to put their best foot forward.
I second that. Cross deserve all the credit in the world for their achievements, but non-Crossmaglen (Armagh clubmen) people worshipping at the Cross altar and basking in some sort of reflected glory sickens my hole and it really isn't good for the County team.
What happened to Dromintee ?

T Fearon

I think the whole County followed Crossmaglen for their first three All Ireland wins,but the County team came to the fore and the novelty wore off.

The Lurgan Clan Na Gael team that got to the All Ireland Final in the early 70s was the best club side Armagh ever produced in my opinion,with lads all born in the streets around Davitt Park,St Paul's Church.

imtommygunn

The o'rourke brothers got old seafoid.

Tf good attempt to wind up bc1 there ;D

T Fearon

It's not a wind up! Clans had a great team,including Jimmy Smyth,Colm Mc Kinstry,Jim Mc Kerr etc and were very unlucky not to win an All Ireland over 20 years before Crossmaglen.They didn't go stealing players from Wee clubs like Forkhill either

brokencrossbar1

general_lee

Balls. Even a McKenna Cup Armagh team would bate cross out the gate

INDIANA

Current Vincent's team would beat 15 county teams at least. And Cross too.

smort

Quote from: INDIANA on January 11, 2016, 11:18:45 PM

Current Vincent's team isn't in the last four

brokencrossbar1

Probably but they won't get a chance this year.

INDIANA

Quote from: smort on January 11, 2016, 11:22:28 PM

Current Vincent's team isn't in the last four

3 of the last 4 don't play in the best county championship in Ireland

armaghniac

Quote from: INDIANA on January 11, 2016, 11:55:16 PM
3 of the last 4 don't play in the best county championship in Ireland

Probably because they live in proper counties, not ones the size of a province.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

stew

If St Vincent's were that good surely they would be playing in the club AI  championships and Cross are one of the top two club teams there has ever been, maybe not this vintage, we will find out!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

omaghjoe

Feck this has taken a bizarre twist.
Surely Jamie himself proves the point that Cross wouldn't match up to county level since he is a genuis at club level but then cant cut it at inter-county, Mossey Quinn the case in point for Vincents