Jamie Clarke,the GAA's answer to Stephen Ireland?

Started by T Fearon, January 05, 2016, 09:26:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

No wides

Quote from: seafoid on January 10, 2016, 10:38:33 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on January 10, 2016, 08:39:45 PM
Nobody has to do anything technically.But it is a breach of trust,morally
Raping children is a breach of trust, morally, Tony

Not wanting to play with the county is not. Get a grip, FFS.

Defending the rape and blaming the children is far worse than not wanting to play an amateur sport.

tonto1888

Quote from: T Fearon on January 10, 2016, 07:50:13 PM
There is a commercial transaction involved,gaining access to a county game,and in my and hundreds of other cases,purchasing a season ticket,with a reasonable expectation that one's county will field the strongest possible team available.Therefore we as a common courtesy should be informed why our best player is not making himself available.

We are bombarded all year with the message "Nothing beats being there!". If our top players don't subscribe to that why should supporters shell out hard earned cash?

And I imagine McGeeney will field our strongest team available. It won't include Clarke tho as he is not available

Applesisapples

Quote from: imtommygunn on January 09, 2016, 10:35:04 PM
How do you know he is prioritising it? People who travel tend to do so in the summer.

Plus club should always come first.
Not only that but his club team would beat most county teams including the existing Armagh team. If Jamie owes anything and its a big if, it is to the club and community that forged him. He owes Armagh nothing.

Canalman

CR (and any other club team)  imo anyway would not beat 90% plus of intercounty teams if both were going at full pelt. Difference between club and i/c scene is massive.

The Aristocrat

Did anyone find out how much McGeeney is getting paid to manage and coach the Armagh team yet? Please ask your club delegate to find out of the county board and let us all know please?

Perhaps if its out in the open Armagh can give half it to Jamie to get him to play. Should be worth 50k a year.

Brick Tamlin

Don Johnson

Quote from: Applesisapples on January 11, 2016, 09:23:30 AM
How do you know he is prioritising it? People who travel tend to do so in the summer.

Not only that but his club team would beat most county teams including the existing Armagh team.

Surely there's not actually anyone that genuinely believes this nonsense?

Applesisapples

Quote from: Don Johnson on January 11, 2016, 01:46:55 PM

Not only that but his club team would beat most county teams including the existing Armagh team.

BCB can confirm but they have done so including Kildare recently I believe.

Don Johnson

Quote from: Applesisapples on January 11, 2016, 02:04:39 PM
Quote from: Don Johnson on January 11, 2016, 01:46:55 PM

BCB can confirm but they have done so including Kildare recently I believe.

My God.

AZOffaly

Hang on now. I'm a big fan of club teams, but to suggest that a Crossmaglen team, ramping up for an All Ireland Club Semi Final, beating a Kildare team getting ready to start the O'Byrne Cup, indicates that they'd beat most county teams is stretching it.

With the best will in the world, the best club teams in the country would be beaten by 25 county teams at least, if they met when both were mid season.

They still might beat Offaly mind you :)

Applesisapples

Quote from: AZOffaly on January 11, 2016, 02:09:49 PM
Hang on now. I'm a big fan of club teams, but to suggest that a Crossmaglen team, ramping up for an All Ireland Club Semi Final, beating a Kildare team getting ready to start the O'Byrne Cup, indicates that they'd beat most county teams is stretching it.

With the best will in the world, the best club teams in the country would be beaten by 25 county teams at least, if they met when both were mid season.

Mind you its one of those ones hard to disprove. I still think Cross have more county standard players than the current Armagh squad!

AZOffaly

The problem with Crossmaglen beating Armagh is, Crossmaglen is part of Armagh :) So if you are saying Crossmaglen would beat the pick of the rest of Armagh, that might be realistic. As you say, hard to prove either way, as it's unusual to have a club team playing a county team in the height of Summer.

When I was involved with the Tipperary Juniors, we were beaten by Limerick in the first round of the championship by 4 points. About 2 weeks before that, we played Nemo Rangers down in Cork, and they were at almost full strength. They beat us by 2 points.

deiseach

You often hear it said that Kilkenny would win All-Irelands* with their bench, or some variation on the theme. To which I respond: I'd like to see them try.

*Hurling All-Irelands, of course. Although...

(h/t to David Herity)

DuffleKing

Quote from: Applesisapples on January 11, 2016, 02:12:18 PM

Mind you its one of those ones hard to disprove. I still think Cross have more county standard players than the current Armagh squad!

This type of gibberish amply illustrates the mentality that creates the cultural vacuum which those Cross lads that have the potential to play county football have to be brave enough to push through. It's an unnecessary, poisonous culture that damages our county unfortunately. Cross and every other club's players should be proud enough Armagh men to put themselves in harms way to see if they can make it for the county to be able to put their best foot forward.

Jinxy

That's their highest state of readiness though.
If you were any use you'd be playing.