The Official Roscommon Thread

Started by Shrewdness, November 30, 2015, 01:56:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

giveballaghback

Good man lar, you are going well now, all your good wishes are returned and lets hope we can up the anti in the new year when the fun starts. Good betting man that you are what odds are you giving against the Rossies retaining that wonderful fbd trophy or are you still afraid, a jackass like me would put money on anything. Or are you you all bluff .......... ;D

Shrewdness

Lar, O'Connor wouldn't score the goal that Enda Smith scored in Cavan. A solo effort from just inside the Cavan half. A hugely talented young player, and a big player of the future.

Shannoncider

Quote from: Lar Naparka on December 06, 2015, 10:04:08 PM
Quote from: Shrewdness on December 06, 2015, 08:37:11 PM
Re the debate going on about Diarmuid O` Connor on a different thread, he certainly
wouldn`t have the talent of Ultan Harney or Diarmuid Murtagh.
Know what? This is great craic!
I haven't laughed as much since I last saw Mrs. Brown. Rossies in fantasy mode would put any real comedian to shame. ;D

You're the one in fantasy mode bud if you think O'Connor is even half the player the above two mentioned are. He wouldn't lace their boots. He wouldn't make the Ros starting team and to think otherwise you are either a chronic heroin addict whos goofin off or a downer

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Shannoncider on December 07, 2015, 09:21:54 AM
Quote from: Lar Naparka on December 06, 2015, 10:04:08 PM
Quote from: Shrewdness on December 06, 2015, 08:37:11 PM
Re the debate going on about Diarmuid O` Connor on a different thread, he certainly
wouldn`t have the talent of Ultan Harney or Diarmuid Murtagh.
Know what? This is great craic!
I haven't laughed as much since I last saw Mrs. Brown. Rossies in fantasy mode would put any real comedian to shame. ;D

You're the one in fantasy mode bud if you think O'Connor is even half the player the above two mentioned are. He wouldn't lace their boots. He wouldn't make the Ros starting team and to think otherwise you are either a chronic heroin addict whos goofin off or a downer
This is getting better and better; keep it up. You're the sort oof laitcheko Tom Kennedy had in mind. ;D
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Syferus

Who the holy f**k is Tom Kennedy.  He's getting more mentions from you than Enda Kenny,  Lar.

Rossfan

He's some publican who must have given Lar a pint on the house wance up a time fadó fadó.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Shrewdness on December 07, 2015, 07:55:55 AM
Lar, O'Connor wouldn't score the goal that Enda Smith scored in Cavan. A solo effort from just inside the Cavan half. A hugely talented young player, and a big player of the future.

We are not comparing like with like.No doubt Smith is talented  but would he step out onto the pitch in Croke Park, in front of 85,000 spectators and give a MOTM display?   
Not only that, would he turn up for the next game and repeated his performance?   Prior to his displays in the semi, he had a couple of very good games in the earlier championship games so he didn't get his YPOTY award because he hit it lucky in any particular game.     
Furthermore, he won the mayoggablog poll for POTY comfortably. Here he was in contention with AOS, Lee Keegan and the likes. I mean his achievements have been judged by others and he has come up trumps.
I'm not knocking Smith but he's a long, long way to go before we'll be able to judge his true worth. 
Ross v Cavan in Breffni Park isn't quite the same as Ross v Dublin in front of a packed stadium in Croke Park. 

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Syferus on December 07, 2015, 09:56:30 AM
Who the holy f**k is Tom Kennedy.  He's getting more mentions from you than Enda Kenny,  Lar.
Tom was the owner of Kennedys in Drumcondra, one of the most popular GAA pubs in the Capital.
Shrewdness  asked a question; why had Mayo a "thing" about Roscommon and I told him what TK once told me. Jaysus, the Oxo hit the fan.
I mentioned him because he couldn't be regarded as a Mayo man and he had been dealing with football fans from all over Ireland for many, many years.  I only gave a sanitised version of what he told me or some of ye buckos would have pissed yerselves.
I pointed out that Tom felt all counties had their corps of bowsies but Ross had some particularly ones. You'd think I had accused all Rossies from the time of Queen Maedbh of sheep shagging or worse with the amount of abuse I got.
I've had direct experience of Ross thickos in action.
Last time we met in Connacht Final, I had my nephew and his son along with me.
Kiod went off to the jacks after the game. His dad and I followed dhim and found four or five brave Rossie warriors ganging up on a 12 year old kid just because he spoke with a Birmingham accent and wore a Mayo jersey. Poor kid was in tears. Some thick ears and  a few sore holes later, the young fellow told us these so-called Rossie fans, all about 17-18, followed him into the jacks and were pushing and tormenting him when his dad and I arrived.
Would you condone that type of carry-on or feel they were  genuine Rossie supporters?

Shrewdness

No Lar, that was unacceptable behaviour to that lad, and i'd like to think that any genuine Ros supporters who would have encountered that situation, would have dealt with the perpetrators. Be assured Lar, we're not all like those yobs that you saw.

Shannoncider

Quote from: Lar Naparka on December 07, 2015, 10:47:41 AM
Tom was the owner of Kennedys in Drumcondra, one of the most popular GAA pubs in the Capital.
Shrewdness  asked a question; why had Mayo a "thing" about Roscommon and I told him what TK once told me. Jaysus, the Oxo hit the fan.
I mentioned him because he couldn't be regarded as a Mayo man and he had been dealing with football fans from all over Ireland for many, many years.  I only gave a sanitised version of what he told me or some of ye buckos would have pissed yerselves.
I pointed out that Tom felt all counties had their corps of bowsies but Ross had some particularly ones. You'd think I had accused all Rossies from the time of Queen Maedbh of sheep shagging or worse with the amount of abuse I got.
Kiod went off to the jacks after the game. His dad and I followed dhim and found four or five brave Rossie warriors ganging up on a 12 year old kid just because he spoke with a Birmingham accent and wore a Mayo jersey. Poor kid was in tears. Some thick ears and  a few sore holes later, the young fellow told us these so-called Rossie fans, all about 17-18, followed him into the jacks and were pushing and tormenting him when his dad and I arrived.
Would you condone that type of carry-on or feel they were  genuine Rossie supporters?

Not all Rossies are like that every county has there bad eggs, I can remember watching a match not so long ago when a big fat baldy fcuker from mayo tried to attack the referee after the game, Totally unacceptable behaviour also

Syferus

Would you please stop posting utter the utter shite of personal anecdotes and equating it to a county's entire support. You're on the Earth long enough not to be that dumb Lar. Past a joke with the above. Totally over the line.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Shannoncider on December 07, 2015, 03:14:13 PM

Not all Rossies are like that every county has there bad eggs, I can remember watching a match not so long ago when a big fat baldy fcuker from mayo tried to attack the referee after the game, Totally unacceptable behaviour also
The utter shite, as you describe it was in response to a rather OTT post from one of your own. I don't start heckling matches- although generally willing to keep one going.
I pointed out in the first Tom Kennedy post that neitherTom nor I would put Roscommon on top of his list and that all counties had their agricultural element. The reaction was predictable, irrational and personal- and completely missed my point.
I never claimed either that the incident I mentioned in my last post summed up all Rossies- I have gone out of my way repeatedly to emphasise that. Mayo has its own share.
BTW I could have mentioned quite a few other similar incidents but I don't see any point in doing so as I have nothing to prove.
Don't be in such bad humour Syf; life is passing by and you could well be left behind. Your good self is no mean hand at stirring things up and you can include another few Rossies in that also.

Rossfan

Arra Lar will ya start actin yer age and don't mind Syfín. :-[
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Rossfan on December 07, 2015, 05:16:31 PM
Arra Lar will ya start actin yer age and don't mind Syfín. :-[
I know, I know but every once in a while, I just get the urge to have a biteen of craic and today is one hell of a lousy day and I can't even  put the dog out; the ignorant hoor just bared his teeth and growled when I pointed ayt the door. So what else could a body do?? :D

Syferus

Quote from: Lar Naparka on December 07, 2015, 05:08:39 PM
Quote from: Shannoncider on December 07, 2015, 03:14:13 PM

The utter shite, as you describe it was in response to a rather OTT post from one of your own. I don't start heckling matches- although generally willing to keep one going.
I pointed out in the first Tom Kennedy post that neitherTom nor I would put Roscommon on top of his list and that all counties had their agricultural element. The reaction was predictable, irrational and personal- and completely missed my point.
I never claimed either that the incident I mentioned in my last post summed up all Rossies- I have gone out of my way repeatedly to emphasise that. Mayo has its own share.
BTW I could have mentioned quite a few other similar incidents but I don't see any point in doing so as I have nothing to prove.
Don't be in such bad humour Syf; life is passing by and you could well be left behind. Your good self is no mean hand at stirring things up and you can include another few Rossies in that also.

I don't come on here every time I see a Mayo lad acting the maggot relaying it blow-by-blow and I could do it plenty if I wanted. A story like the above is just muddying the water whatever way you try to re-frame it. Your post ended with a loaded question ffs Lar.

You have nothing left to prove because there was nothing you could prove to begin with. A few bad apples never equal a reflection of any team or county's supporters.