The Official Roscommon Thread

Started by Shrewdness, November 30, 2015, 01:56:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shrewdness

Also heard that O`Griafa could miss a lot of next year through injury. Looks like it will be down to us
to knock Mayo off their perch.

Rossfan

Quote from: Syferus on December 04, 2015, 01:30:18 AM
Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on December 04, 2015, 01:15:30 AM
Quote from: Shrewdness on December 03, 2015, 06:04:27 PM
Ahead of Roscommon's championship match in New York next May, i heard a rumour in recent days, and was wondering if anyone can confirm or deny it?.. I heard that Galway duo, Micheal Lundy and Johnny Duane, have either moved or are moving to New York, and could play for them against Roscommon next May. How likely is this to happen? Any of the Galway posters know anything?

They are both gone already. Duane went a while back. Lundy went after the Connacht final. By all accounts they won't be available to Galway next year and plan on playing for New York. Whether that changes between now and then who knows?

Lundy probably needed the break. He seemed a bit burnt out this year for both club and county compared to his 2014 performances. Big loss to Galway right enough especially on his 2014 form.

Knowing how these things work this will be the season ye beat Mayo. We might be treated to a proper footballing Connacht final for a change.
Man! Galway v Sligo will be a sh1te game in a near empty Hyde :-[
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Lar Naparka

Arra, they won't even bother taking the sheep off the pitch. ;D
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Shrewdness on December 04, 2015, 07:19:00 AM
Also heard that O`Griafa could miss a lot of next year through injury. Looks like it will be down to us

Did his cruciate for the 3rd time.

Shrewdness

How do these amateur sportsmen keep coming back from these serious injuries? That's awful tough luck on O'Griafa to suffer that injury for a third time.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: giveballaghback on December 03, 2015, 09:36:06 PM
Thanks for the compliments and your kink remarks lar, dont be offering any more bets you are afraid to stand over.
Lundy and Duane gone to NY all right and may not be back for the league or championship, will be a big loss to the Galway panel if that is the case. Dont know about them playing for Ny.
You know what GBB,  I've had time to do a bit of thinking and maybe I got personal in one of my posts to you. I don't generally go in for personal abuse but a few have pointed out to me that I accused you of not having the brains of a jackass.
That's not civilised debating by any manner or means and given that it's Christmas time maybe we should stop being personal and get on better together in the New Year. If you took that meaning out of what I said, I'll withdraw it without a bother.
What say you? Will we be nicer to each other from now on?

Shrewdness

If I didn`t know better Lar, I`d say that you`ve had a rap across the
knuckles from the Mods.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Shrewdness on December 06, 2015, 07:18:50 PM
If I didn`t know better Lar, I`d say that you`ve had a rap across the
knuckles from the Mods.
Arra, great to see you back on your own thread!
No mods were hurt in the making of that last post- just a period of profound reflection and a desire not to sink to street level when having  a discussion with someone who doesn't share my views. I got my standards y'know.
I am a Mayo man after all. ;D

giveballaghback

Well lar I dont take anything that is said on these threads personally, its just a distraction from the troubles of the real world and thank God for the Rossies and yereselves and all our other neighbours and the gaa that we have sport to vent a little without doing any harm. Anyone taking this bit of crack seriously needs to have a look at themselves.
Apology accepted but there wasn't anything to apologise for, but remember if you step out of line I will be down on you like a ton of bricks. Now dont be going soft on me, hammer me if I step out of line. :) 

Lar Naparka

Quote from: giveballaghback on December 06, 2015, 07:51:03 PM
Well lar I dont take anything that is said on these threads personally, its just a distraction from the troubles of the real world and thank God for the Rossies and yereselves and all our other neighbours and the gaa that we have sport to vent a little without doing any harm. Anyone taking this bit of crack seriously needs to have a look at themselves.
Apology accepted but there wasn't anything to apologise for, but remember if you step out of line I will be down on you like a ton of bricks. Now dont be going soft on me, hammer me if I step out of line. :)
Well, if you insist... ;D

We both agree that' is wrong to say that you don't have the brains of a jackass so the only conclusion is that you do!
Good to see that we can agree on something. ;D
But all the same I'll wish you and the Rossies all the best for Christmas and the New Year.
Don't take it to heart Heewhaw, Lar been around for a long, long time!!

muppet

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on December 04, 2015, 01:07:00 PM
Quote from: Shrewdness on December 04, 2015, 07:19:00 AM

Did his cruciate for the 3rd time.

Gee that is tough going.
MWWSI 2017

Rossfan

Here's hoping for a great 2016 for Roscommon football.
Hope the hurly crowd do well too.

As for Mayowestros - may Rochford, McEntee and their busload of assistants bring them a repeat of 2010 :-*
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Shrewdness

Re the debate going on about Diarmuid O` Connor on a different thread, he certainly
wouldn`t have the talent of Ultan Harney or Diarmuid Murtagh.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Shrewdness on December 06, 2015, 08:37:11 PM
Re the debate going on about Diarmuid O` Connor on a different thread, he certainly
wouldn`t have the talent of Ultan Harney or Diarmuid Murtagh.
Know what? This is great craic!
I haven't laughed as much since I last saw Mrs. Brown. Rossies in fantasy mode would put any real comedian to shame. ;D