The Official Roscommon Thread

Started by Shrewdness, November 30, 2015, 01:56:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Quote from: Beffs on December 01, 2015, 09:00:52 PM
t? Dublin played 4 games before the AI quarter final.

Who were they against and what were the scores? :-[
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

muppet

Quote from: Beffs on December 01, 2015, 08:47:14 PM
Yep. Open draw.

Or just re gig the current provincial format to 4 geographical regions, with 8 counties in each one. North, South, East & West.

Everyone starts their season on the same day.

Problem solved.

( Bagsie not be the one to have to tell one Ulster county (Donegal maybe?) that they aren't in Ulster/Northern region anymore. They are now Men of The Whest ! )

No, no.

Open draw is open draw. 32 teams, one hat.

If Kerry are out first and Dublin against them, Killarney it is then.
MWWSI 2017

Mayo4Sam

Quote from: Beffs on December 01, 2015, 04:00:18 PM
That all depends on the time of the moon, time of the month, time of the year & whatever set of in-laws are within hearing distance.  ;D

So you're a female (time of the month) bigamist (whatever set of in-laws)?

How did you vote in the marriage referendum?
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

giveballaghback

So lar chickens out, all bluff, afraid to take on the challenge he offered, well that is fairly typical rhubarb, a line of bs that eventually contradicts itself,sure isn't that super rhubarb Enda the king of bs, would lar be Enda in disguise?
Watch this space.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: giveballaghback on December 02, 2015, 11:37:00 PM
So lar chickens out, all bluff, afraid to take on the challenge he offered, well that is fairly typical rhubarb, a line of bs that eventually contradicts itself,sure isn't that super rhubarb Enda the king of bs, would lar be Enda in disguise?
Watch this space.

Lar is one proper eejit alright. He should have known better that to respond to anything you write.
You are no addition to the sound Rossies on this board or elsewhere.
I did ask if English was your first language and I had good reason to do so.
Even a genuine jackass wouldn't try what you did and I do apologise in advance to all other jackasses for the unfavourable comparison.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Shrewdness

Ahead of Roscommon's championship match in New York next May, i heard a rumour in recent days, and was wondering if anyone can confirm or deny it?.. I heard that Galway duo, Micheal Lundy and Johnny Duane, have either moved or are moving to New York, and could play for them against Roscommon next May. How likely is this to happen? Any of the Galway posters know anything?

weareros

Quote from: Shrewdness on December 03, 2015, 06:04:27 PM
Ahead of Roscommon's championship match in New York next May, i heard a rumour in recent days, and was wondering if anyone can confirm or deny it?.. I heard that Galway duo, Micheal Lundy and Johnny Duane, have either moved or are moving to New York, and could play for them against Roscommon next May. How likely is this to happen? Any of the Galway posters know anything?

Dunnno but that whirring sound is the dynamo on Lar's old bike as he pedals like hell to the bookies before they close.

larryin89

I heard Lundy was away ok , never seen it mentioned that he'd be togged for New York next summer though. Make no odds to the outcome of that game if that's what you're gettin at , not if they had several county men from Kerry would it make a bit of difference , the training and prep for championship would be nothing like county at home. 
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Blowitupref

Was on the main GAA website.
https://www.gaa.ie/gaa-news-and-videos/daily-news/1/2511150758-blow-for-galway-as-lundy-and-duane-head-for-us/
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

From the Bunker

Nicky Joyce was suppose to tog out for NY a few years ago. County players in NY seem to think it is below them to play for NY . Or just realise the gap in standard and want to avoid the embarrassment.

I've always said that if a sugar daddy got involved with London, they got their stadium (built and) sorted with floodlights and extras. They could poach some handy players from weaker counties and give a connacht title and AI a rattle.

Shrewdness

Quote from: larryin89 on December 03, 2015, 06:34:39 PM
I heard Lundy was away ok , never seen it mentioned that he'd be togged for New York next summer though. Make no odds to the outcome of that game if that's what you're gettin at , not if they had several county men from Kerry would it make a bit of difference , the training and prep for championship would be nothing like county at home.

No larry, I wasn`t getting at anything.

giveballaghback

Thanks for the compliments and your kink remarks lar, dont be offering any more bets you are afraid to stand over.
Lundy and Duane gone to NY all right and may not be back for the league or championship, will be a big loss to the Galway panel if that is the case. Dont know about them playing for Ny.

Shrewdness

I`d say you`ll see them both in the Galway jersey next Summer.

GalwayBayBoy

They are both gone already. Duane went a while back. Lundy went after the Connacht final. By all accounts they won't be available to Galway next year and plan on playing for New York. Whether that changes between now and then who knows?

Lundy probably needed the break. He seemed a bit burnt out this year for both club and county compared to his 2014 performances. Big loss to Galway right enough especially on his 2014 form.

Syferus

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on December 04, 2015, 01:15:30 AM

They are both gone already. Duane went a while back. Lundy went after the Connacht final. By all accounts they won't be available to Galway next year and plan on playing for New York. Whether that changes between now and then who knows?

Lundy probably needed the break. He seemed a bit burnt out this year for both club and county compared to his 2014 performances. Big loss to Galway right enough especially on his 2014 form.

Knowing how these things work this will be the season ye beat Mayo. We might be treated to a proper footballing Connacht final for a change.