[Merged] Religion topic Bishop Eamon reaffirms Catholic teaching & Cinemas refusing to show ad featu

Started by T Fearon, November 07, 2015, 07:46:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

smelmoth

Quote from: T Fearon on November 14, 2015, 09:08:30 PM
How do you know Jesus believed that literally?
How do we know Jesus believed anything - literally or otherwise??

smelmoth

Quote from: T Fearon on November 14, 2015, 11:41:06 PM
God of the Prophets? What's wrong with that? Parts of the OT are allegorical while other parts (Moses etc) are real.The message remains unadulterated,the prediction of the coming of the Saviour
Moses was a terrible human being. Are you claiming him as an ally?

What are the rules that determine which parts are real and which parts are fictional?

smelmoth

smelmoth

Quote from: T Fearon on November 15, 2015, 03:35:32 PM
Sinn Fein and SDLP both experienced a decline in votes in the last election.Undoubtedly this was due in part to veering from Catholic teaching on moral issues.Already even the DUP are making noises about their confidence in winning support from traditional Catholics,as the pipe dream of Irish unity recedes.

The Archbishop of Armagh is a relatively young Derry man, if he has any sense the new young Derry leader of the SDLP will have a meeting with him in the near future

Can we add undoubtedly to the list of words Tony doesn't understand?

smelmoth

Quote from: T Fearon on November 15, 2015, 05:52:11 PM
Well the Shinners lost a seat and both parties saw a drop in their vote.DUP hovering round the traditional catholic vote and Robinson all smiles with the Catholic Bishop of Down and Connor at Stormont.Whatever you think of them the DUP do have moral convictions that they defend.

Muppet in any unlikely United Ireland parties will be needed to defend unique Ulster values,which none of the 26 counties parties would be remotely capable of doing
Where is your proof that a generally declining voter turnout is not the issue? that a declining belief in a united ireland is not the issue?

We are back to evidence here. Where is your evidence?

smelmoth

Quote from: T Fearon on November 15, 2015, 09:56:44 PM
Have I not already differentiated between faith and fact and explained the basic tenet that much of faith is mysterious,otherwise it wouldn't be faith it would be fact? Do peruse my contributions comprehensively before making foolish comments and posing questions I've already answered.

Tony is exempt form the need to provide evidence but anybody he argues with is not. Delusional

smelmoth

Quote from: T Fearon on November 15, 2015, 09:58:36 PM
There is no flexibility in terms of sin,and no compassion for or tolerance of sin
No doubt based on a quote from Jesus. Show us the quote.

Eamonnca1

muppet

Quote from: T Fearon on November 15, 2015, 09:58:36 PM
There is no flexibility in terms of sin,and no compassion for or tolerance of sin

ISIS 3:16?
MWWSI 2017

Eamonnca1

heganboy

I have avoided this thread as being very typical TF wind  up material, or possibly even scarier what he actually believes (not thinks- believes).
However I accidentally clicked on it this morning and when I was here i was gutted not to see my old pal Jack

Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

omaghjoe

Quote from: muppet on November 15, 2015, 10:00:56 AM
Quote from: omaghjoe on November 15, 2015, 07:41:36 AM
Quote from: muppet on November 14, 2015, 07:10:36 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on November 14, 2015, 06:58:24 PM
They are not ignoring him,they see him as the core message,the Saviour who died for the remission of sins and rose from the dead,and whose salvation is available to all who turn their back on sin

He died for the remission of sins? What does that mean?

Anyway, he preached about the Old Testament and called it The Word of the God. As did all the Rabbis and Arab clerics at the time. And they still do now. Just with different interpretations and emphasis. And they all claim to be right.

Logically, there are two possibilities:

a) There is one correct religion and the rest have got it hopelessly wrong;

or

b) There is no correct religion;

This is for you Tony: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFGrQMD6Uqc

.....your Catholic thinking betrays you Muppet, there is a third option... that there are no incorrect religions...

How is that possible when they all contradict each other?

I am not familiar with the 'Religiously Correct' brigade.

Some religions and other organisations dont believe that any religion is incorrect. In that religion is just a way of acknowledging and following an intuition of the spiritual.

The Dogma of Catholism of course does not allow this. But I had a discussion with a Hindu chap who adhered to Hinduism and also believed that Jesus was the son of God and came back from the dead and studied his teachings. He didnt see any contradiction with Hinduism.

T Fearon

If you follow the core belief that Jesus is the Saviour and you repent and avoid serious sin,that's all you need.No point in complicating matters.

muppet

Quote from: T Fearon on November 16, 2015, 07:25:07 PM
If you follow the core belief that Jesus is the Saviour and you repent and avoid serious sin,that's all you need.No point in complicating matters.

Tony's Revelations: 3:7

But you seem to have revised the text. Are you sure you're not making this up as you go along? For example, where is the disowning family members gone to?
MWWSI 2017

Milltown Row2

Quote from: T Fearon on November 16, 2015, 07:25:07 PM

Serious sin.... Fecking laughable... And ultimately if you 'repent' then its all good .  Saviour , he's done plenty of saving lately. Nice chap this guy, he's doing well in Kenya, Paris, Beirut and Syria at the minute..... He must be on his holidays
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea