[Merged] Religion topic Bishop Eamon reaffirms Catholic teaching & Cinemas refusing to show ad featu

Started by T Fearon, November 07, 2015, 07:46:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Yes I can see it now.

Irishman and women sell a United Ireland in return for the right to be homophobic.

If Loyalists had a brain between them they should drop the stupid flegs and raise 'Adam & Eve, not Adam & Steve' banners, and they would route SF/SDLP within the year. Who would have though the wee 6 was so uncomplicated?

Expanding on this narrow-mindedness, if SF/SDLP do manage to get same-sex marriage through, would they be able to buy a United Ireland from the homophobes on the other side by selling it back?
MWWSI 2017

seafoid

Quote from: muppet on November 15, 2015, 04:51:08 PM
Yes I can see it now.

Irishman and women sell a United Ireland in return for the right to be homophobic.

If Loyalists had a brain between them they should drop the stupid flegs and raise 'Adam & Eve, not Adam & Steve' banners, and they would route SF/SDLP within the year. Who would have though the wee 6 was so uncomplicated?

Expanding on this narrow-mindedness, if SF/SDLP do manage to get same-sex marriage through, would they be able to buy a United Ireland from the homophobes on the other side by selling it back?
But a united Ireland is natural - how would homophobes square the circle ?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: T Fearon on November 15, 2015, 03:35:32 PM
Sinn Fein and SDLP both experienced a decline in votes in the last election.Undoubtedly this was due in part to veering from Catholic teaching on moral issues.Already even the DUP are making noises about their confidence in winning support from traditional Catholics,as the pipe dream of Irish unity recedes.

The Archbishop of Armagh is a relatively young Derry man, if he has any sense the new young Derry leader of the SDLP will have a meeting with him in the near future

Seriously?? Where do you get these figures or do you just make them up??
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

T Fearon

Well the Shinners lost a seat and both parties saw a drop in their vote.DUP hovering round the traditional catholic vote and Robinson all smiles with the Catholic Bishop of Down and Connor at Stormont.Whatever you think of them the DUP do have moral convictions that they defend.

Muppet in any unlikely United Ireland parties will be needed to defend unique Ulster values,which none of the 26 counties parties would be remotely capable of doing

Milltown Row2

Quote from: T Fearon on November 15, 2015, 05:52:11 PM
Well the Shinners lost a seat and both parties saw a drop in their vote.DUP hovering round the traditional catholic vote and Robinson all smiles with the Catholic Bishop of Down and Connor at Stormont.Whatever you think of them the DUP do have moral convictions that they defend.

Muppet in any unlikely United Ireland parties will be needed to defend unique Ulster values,which none of the 26 counties parties would be remotely capable of doing

But where are  the figures or polls even, I'll take that ffs!! Robinson has no morale convictions and you'd be a complete twat to believe that.... His list for being highly unmoral is as long as your lists of threads on these boards
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

haveaharp

Donegal Cavan and Monaghan should come back into the Union so.

muppet

The Unionist parties can do that.

What bits would be left out then?
MWWSI 2017

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 15, 2015, 06:00:52 PMHis list for being highly unmoral is as long as your lists of threads on these boards

Would be a long list. Tony has started 633 threads on this board to date.

T Fearon

There are certain values both communities in the six counties share which would be culturally alien to the free state.Im thinking

Social Conservatism

Thrift

Religious belief

Plain speaking.

I do not remotely identify with any free state parties currently ,so I doubt if any protestant/ unionist does

Milltown Row2

Quote from: T Fearon on November 15, 2015, 07:14:53 PM
There are certain values both communities in the six counties share which would be culturally alien to the free state.Im thinking

Social Conservatism

Thrift

Religious belief

Plain speaking.

I do not remotely identify with any free state parties currently ,so I doubt if any protestant/ unionist does

But you're happy with Robinson... You are the ultimate WUM... I wonder did he stone his wife, as per scriptures??

muppet

Quote from: T Fearon on November 15, 2015, 07:14:53 PM

Social Conservatism

Thrift

Religious belief

Plain speaking.

Good man.

So the these are 'unique Ulster values':

Social conservatism = religion

Thrift = my hole - you live on handouts from London

Religious beliefs = religions

Plain speaking = are you joking?

Here are some uniquely Tony Fearon values:

Me = the world

My experiences = everyone's experiences

My values = all that matters

My loyalty = to whoever gives me what I want
MWWSI 2017

Rossfan

Seeing as the Free State has gone out of existence since the 1930s I don't think anyone can identify with the parties that were in it.
As for you and Unionists....... Ye're welcome to each other ::).
I suspect if there was a people's vote on same sex marriage in the 6 Cos it would pass.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

imtommygunn

You live in a highly disfunctional land. Disfunctional due to incomptence, bigotry, hypocrisy,hatred, probable corruption and the list goes on. All these "values" are core to the dup.

Yes we should admire them because they ban gay marriage and curb sunday opening hours  :-X

seafoid

Those values again? 1950s eternal. Ulster fries. No. Marriage is between a man and a woman . Not between 2 men and preferably not between people of different religions. No surrender. No fast transport links beyond Lough Neagh . Handouts not hands up.  Leisure centres. 

T Fearon

Seriously boys the cultural difference between nationalists North and South is stark never mind unionists.As far back as the 70s Gerry Fitt said he had more in common with a Belfast Protestant than with a Cork Catholic.

Guess that's what a hundred years of partition does