UNREST IN MAYO

Started by Shrewdness, September 15, 2015, 09:06:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shrewdness

I've heard that both Donie Buckley and Barry Solan have left the back room team.

mayoman dan

Quote from: Shrewdness on September 15, 2015, 11:07:24 PM
I've heard that both Donie Buckley and Barry Solan have left the back room team.

You may well be right and if the players have their way they wont be the only ones leaving

rodney trotter

Solan has a full time job with Arsenal now. Not like he walked out on Mayo, stayed with Mayo until the end of the championship.

Buckley situation different.

moysider

Quote from: Shrewdness on September 15, 2015, 01:56:34 PM
Have heard from a Mayo 'sympathiser' in Ballagh, that many of the Mayo players aren't happy with certain aspects of the management of the team...Why is it always the Mayo management that take the blame for the failure to win Sam.. Moran/Morrison were sent packing after one year, John O'Mahony's second reign ended in rancour. Even James Horan, who came so close to winning Sam, was accused by some Mayo supporters of never having a Plan B if Plan A wasn't working. Now it seems that Holmes and Connelly are in the firing line. Might be time some of the Mayo players had a look at their own role in these 'failures?

Ah now!!! Maybe because they are to blame ;)

The exception is of course Moran/Morrison who were treated disgustingly. Hung out to dry by a coup to get Johnno appointed. Club delegates primed to do a hatchet job on them in Co. Board (the ladeens speech etc).
Now we have a situation where the Co. Board chairman is trying to ring-fence management from reproach. We re talking about his brother and his friend. Nepotism and hypocrisy never ends up well.

As regards Johnno's second reign ending in rancour. The first one maybe ended in rancour. The second one started in rancour and of course he stuck it out for 3 more years than he should have (shouldn t have bothered in first place -the game passed him by while he was still managing a good Galway team).

The Chairman has done nobody any favour with his statement. If these guys are the great Mayo men they claim to be they will do the sensible thing. Clinging on to power never ends well.

Cant see a good resolution to all this. The players clearly don t love H&C and they don t have the status to bully the players or the personality to cajole/coax them - basically whatever it takes to be a successful manager. 2 of them does not help of course and now BB is making the dynamic worse.

Bit like the dodgy-girlfriend syndrome. It was a mistake, never really fancied her in the first place. Her friends talked ye into it but it was a nightmare. But now her friends and family are locking you in.

moysider

Quote from: mayoman dan on September 15, 2015, 11:08:41 PM
Quote from: Shrewdness on September 15, 2015, 11:07:24 PM

You may well be right and if the players have their way they wont be the only ones leaving

The players had no problem with those two.

The best part of the set-up walk away. Christ you couldn t make this up ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Might as well laugh as cry.

Shrewdness

Fair play to you Moysider for the detailed post. Has clarified a few things.

Jinxy

Quote from: moysider on September 15, 2015, 11:37:18 PM
Have heard from a Mayo 'sympathiser' in Ballagh, that many of the Mayo players aren't happy with certain aspects of the management of the team...Why is it always the Mayo management that take the blame for the failure to win Sam.. Moran/Morrison were sent packing after one year, John O'Mahony's second reign ended in rancour. Even James Horan, who came so close to winning Sam, was accused by some Mayo supporters of never having a Plan B if Plan A wasn't working. Now it seems that Holmes and Connelly are in the firing line. Might be time some of the Mayo players had a look at their own role in these 'failures?

The exception is of course Moran/Morrison who were treated disgustingly. Hung out to dry by a coup to get Johnno appointed. Club delegates primed to do a hatchet job on them in Co. Board (the ladeens speech etc).
Now we have a situation where the Co. Board chairman is trying to ring-fence management from reproach. We re talking about his brother and his friend. Nepotism and hypocrisy never ends up well.

As regards Johnno's second reign ending in rancour. The first one maybe ended in rancour. The second one started in rancour and of course he stuck it out for 3 more years than he should have (shouldn t have bothered in first place -the game passed him by while he was still managing a good Galway team).

The Chairman has done nobody any favour with his statement. If these guys are the great Mayo men they claim to be they will do the sensible thing. Clinging on to power never ends well.

Cant see a good resolution to all this. The players clearly don t love H&C and they don t have the status to bully the players or the personality to cajole/coax them - basically whatever it takes to be a successful manager. 2 of them does not help of course and now BB is making the dynamic worse.

Bit like the dodgy-girlfriend syndrome. It was a mistake, never really fancied her in the first place. Her friends talked ye into it but it was a nightmare. But now her friends and family are locking you in.

You need to give her the boot.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

moysider

Quote from: Jinxy on September 16, 2015, 12:37:40 AM
Quote from: moysider on September 15, 2015, 11:37:18 PM

You need to give her the boot.

Not easy after 26 yrs   :'(

She's probably end up taking the dogs ;D ;D ;D

Orior

This picture is from slightly west of Ballina (Augusta), but the sentiment still fits...

Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Lar Naparka

FAO: All my Roscommon fans,
I'm not bothered by whatever any of ye have heard or not heard as ye are in cuckoo land most of the time anyway,but, since I've got you all in a huddle here, I'd like someone one of ye to do a little bit of research for me.
Can you find out if there was or is such a thing as a Roscommon roll of honour or the likes that covers the opening years of the last century?
If you do, I expect you will find that one particular club mopped up everything in sight. So much so that the County Board got rightly pissed off and told the same club to eff back to where they came from a few years before.
The said club gave them the two fingered salute and took the hint, wearing they would never return until every last sheep in Roscommon had gone to the Great Fold in the sky or something like that.
I'll give ye a hint. It''s located on the N4, somewhere between Charlestown and Frenchpark.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Bensars

Quote from: Lar Naparka on September 16, 2015, 01:28:47 PM
FAO: All my Roscommon fans,
I'm not bothered by whatever any of ye have heard or not heard as ye are in cuckoo land most of the time anyway,but, since I've got you all in a huddle here, I'd like someone one of ye to do a little bit of research for me.
Can you find out if there was or is such a thing as a Roscommon roll of honour or the likes that covers the opening years of the last century?
If you do, I expect you will find that one particular club mopped up everything in sight. So much so that the County Board got rightly pissed off and told the same club to eff back to where they came from a few years before.
The said club gave them the two fingered salute and took the hint, wearing they would never return until every last sheep in Roscommon had gone to the Great Fold in the sky or something like that.
I'll give ye a hint. It''s located on the N4, somewhere between Charlestown and Frenchpark.

N4 ????       

Shrewdness

Now Lar, there's no need for that oul carry on. Anyway, fair play to Carracastle. Didn't realise they had been that successful so long ago . By the way, it's the N5, but never let the facts get in the way of a good story. ;D

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: rodney trotter on September 15, 2015, 11:28:11 PM
Solan has a full time job with Arsenal now. Not like he walked out on Mayo, stayed with Mayo until the end of the championship.

Will fit in nicely at the Emirates,  they're used to being 3rd or 4th best in the country so he'll be a natural fit!

Crete Boom

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on September 16, 2015, 01:53:12 PM

Will fit in nicely at the Emirates,  they're used to being 3rd or 4th best in the country so he'll be a natural fit!

So where is the Armagh S&C trainer heading for? Stoke?? Swansea?? Newcastle?? UFC??Stormont Talks??

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Crete Boom on September 16, 2015, 02:26:57 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on September 16, 2015, 01:53:12 PM

So where is the Armagh S&C trainer heading for? Stoke?? Swansea?? Newcastle?? UFC??Stormont Talks??

He's quite contented I'm sure having just won a Silver medal in the world handball championship for the over 35's and coaching his son to Gold.