UNREST IN MAYO

Started by Shrewdness, September 15, 2015, 09:06:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crete Boom

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on September 16, 2015, 02:32:18 PM
Quote from: Crete Boom on September 16, 2015, 02:26:57 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on September 16, 2015, 01:53:12 PM
Quote from: rodney trotter on September 15, 2015, 11:28:11 PM
Solan has a full time job with Arsenal now. Not like he walked out on Mayo, stayed with Mayo until the end of the championship.

Buckley situation different.

Will fit in nicely at the Emirates,  they're used to being 3rd or 4th best in the country so he'll be a natural fit!

So where is the Armagh S&C trainer heading for? Stoke?? Swansea?? Newcastle?? UFC??Stormont Talks??

He's quite contented I'm sure having just won a Silver medal in the world handball championship for the over 35's and coaching his son to Gold.

Ah I see so he is heading for the Nike Oregon Project so.

muppet

Solan has a full time job with Arsenal now. Not like he walked out on Mayo, stayed with Mayo until the end of the championship.

Will fit in nicely at the Emirates,  they're used to being 3rd or 4th best in the country so he'll be a natural fit!

So where is the Armagh S&C trainer heading for? Stoke?? Swansea?? Newcastle?? UFC??Stormont Talks??

He's quite contented I'm sure having just won a Silver medal in the world handball championship for the over 35's and coaching his son to Gold.

Excellent! Good that he keeps himself busy..... :D
MWWSI 2017

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: muppet on September 16, 2015, 02:38:47 PM

Excellent! Good that he keeps himself busy..... :D
Nothing else to be at, he is involved in Armagh after all!!! ;D

giveballaghback

Lar na parka, you are raving again, well its that time of year again, the rhubarb is starting to wilt and the heads drop once again, for the record here is the Ros sfc winners at the start of the last Century, Elphin won the first 4, Kilbride won the next 4, Strokestown won 1 and Roscommon town won the next 2, then Elphin won a couple more and so on, the nearest thing to a Mayo win was Tulsk or are ye claiming them as well, look lads if ye need a few forwards just say the word, we will see what we can do,  oh and no we dont want Andy back.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Shrewdness on September 16, 2015, 01:51:48 PM
Now Lar, there's no need for that oul carry on. Anyway, fair play to Carracastle. Didn't realise they had been that successful so long ago . By the way, it's the N5, but never let the facts get in the way of a good story. ;D

Ah, sure I put that in there to see how long it would take Rossfan to reply.  ;D
He is usually faster than greased lightning when I stick something in to check his reflexes.
In all seriousness, I was looking through a book named "Mayo- its History and Traditions" when I came across that little gem of information.
I never heard about this before and I'm not altogether convinced that what I read is true. So that's why I'd like to find out if the club in question did in fact play in Roscommon in the early 1900s and did win just about everything in sight.
I know one of the co-editors. We sat together in class when we both were incarcerated in Gulag Nathys many long years ago. I just couldn't imagine him making up tales of any sort. You may now understand why I detest the college, the town and everything else bar the by-pass.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

giveballaghback

You sat beside the co-author of that ......,  really explains a lot, thanks for that.

Rossfan

Quote from: Lar Naparka on September 16, 2015, 10:02:19 PM
Now Lar, there's no need for that oul carry on. Anyway, fair play to Carracastle. Didn't realise they had been that successful so long ago . By the way, it's the N5, but never let the facts get in the way of a good story. ;D

Ah, sure I put that in there to see how long it would take Rossfan to reply.  ;D
He is usually faster than greased lightning when I stick something in to check his reflexes.

I'm afraid work often has to tame precedence over correcting errant Rhus :D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Lar Naparka

Quote from: giveballaghback on September 16, 2015, 10:08:42 PM
You sat beside the co-author of that ......,  really explains a lot, thanks for that.
Now, where did I say that?
FYI, there's one hell of a difference between a co-author and a co-editor.
BTW, I never claimed anything about anything. I merely said I doubted the accuracy of the claim and I wanted to know if such an assertion was true.
Geez, I know lads on four legs that could understand that quicker than you.
While I'm at it, could you send me a copy of the SFC results for the years in question?
If it looks anyways genuine, I'll get on to one of the co-effin' editors. ;D

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Rossfan on September 16, 2015, 11:09:43 PM

I'm afraid work often has to tame precedence over correcting errant Rhus :D

Ah, c'mon Ross, don't be like that!
You're usually faster than Tiubberman at getting in to correct my peccadilllos and that means fast.  ;D

Rossfan

Leave your peccadilloes out of it. Whatever an adult does in his own home is his own business :D

Syferus

In all seriousness, I was looking through a book named "Mayo- its History and Traditions" when I came across that little gem of information.
I never heard about this before and I'm not altogether convinced that what I read is true. So that's why I'd like to find out if the club in question did in fact play in Roscommon in the early 1900s and did win just about everything in sight.
I know one of the co-editors. We sat together in class when we both were incarcerated in Gulag Nathys many long years ago. I just couldn't imagine him making up tales of any sort. You may now understand why I detest the college, the town and everything else bar the by-pass.

Going by how badly Ballagh got hammered by Brigids it's unlikely they'd have even the one Roscommon title over the past 8 years..

weareros

Quote from: Lar Naparka on September 16, 2015, 11:22:35 PM
Quote from: giveballaghback on September 16, 2015, 10:08:42 PM
Now, where did I say that?
FYI, there's one hell of a difference between a co-author and a co-editor.
BTW, I never claimed anything about anything. I merely said I doubted the accuracy of the claim and I wanted to know if such an assertion was true.
Geez, I know lads on four legs that could understand that quicker than you.
While I'm at it, could you send me a copy of the SFC results for the years in question?
If it looks anyways genuine, I'll get on to one of the co-effin' editors. ;D

It's true they did play in Roscommon, not at their inception but moved over to Ros and then back to Mayo again. Believe they were called Faugh-a-Ballagh back in those days. It's not true that they were winning all around them and got ran. That's just pub-talk. If anything they found the going too tough and went back to the comfort zone of the caveman stuff they play in East-Mayo.

Farrandeelin

I heard they had a fall-out with the Roscommon CB. Is that the case?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Shrewdness

You'd have to admire the way that this thread has resorted back to the 'Ballagh issue,' and away from the real issue, which seems to be that many of the Mayo players no longer want to play for The current Mayo management.. These are obviously the same players, who 12 months ago, were 'rumoured' to not want Liam Mc Hale involved in any new management set up after James Horan stepped down... Can the Mayo posters give an opinion or prediction on how this unrest will be resolved?

Rossfan

Maybe it's time for those players to elect a management committee from themselves as they obviously have all the answers.
Hopefully the infighting will continue ;D